im in the exact same situation! but its my left side thats swollen, i've been doing tons of research to figure out what it is but i cant figure it out! i havent done anything in a month. its super itchy and sometimes when i pee it stings, oh and if i itched it too much itd bleed.. my best friend said she had it too and she just made sure she cleaned herself properly everytime she had a shower, so im hoping that will work..please help!

Hi there, I think I am a little bit older than some of the people that have posted on here so I thought I would share some information. What you have sounds like something I have had many times before a Bartholin's cyst. The Bartholin's gland is a tiny organ on each of the labia (vaginal lips), near the opening of the vagina. If the vagina were the face of a clock, these glands would be found at about 4 and 8 o'clock. Normally they are invisible. They make a small amount of fluid that lubricates the vaginal lips. If a flap of skin grows over the opening of one of the glands, the fluid backs up. It causes a round swelling called a cyst. They can reoccur, are normally only on 1 side and many will go by themselves.

IF YOU ARE COCERNED ALWAYS GO AND SEE A DOCTOR, GP OR GYNECOLOGIST.

Hope this helps?

Laura x :-D

My left inner labia has been swollen now for a couple of days. The night before I was in a hot tub for 2 1/2 hours. I didn't have sex in the hot tub but I did have it 2 days prior about 4 times in one day. After the hot tub I realized that my skin was peeling in between my butt crack and I had a whitish coating over my vagina. My swollen labia was so painful that it hurt with every step I took. I went and bought A and D Ointment and used that to reduce the pain. It worked instantly (thank god). But I still have the itching and the skin coming off of my butt crack. Do you think this is from the hot tub? Did I have an allergic reaction to the hot tub? Or was it because of the intense heat in the hot tub that my body magnified an infection?

Hi, I've noticed that no-one has posted any answers to this, just that they too share the same problem.
Well I have a hunch!

I suffer from this alot, its painfull to walk and the inner labia protrudes through the outer lips. Both lips are swollen and very red but one side will be more swollen than other, like freakishly so. I find this doesnt follow a pattern of when I have sex or have my period, but when I used certain products, such as baby wipes, talcum powder or scented sanitary towels/tampons.

Heres a few things you can do: firstly to cure it, use a thrush product such as vagisil - BUT there are alternatives! A nappy rash cream such as bepanthen or sudocrem is exactly the same thing if you're embarrassed about purchasing it. If you have a steroid cream around the house that works too! But a well known natural cure which really helps cure the itching too, is yoghurt!! Its important that the yoghurt says "natural" written on it, and is plain - no flavor. After a long soak in a bath with no bubble bath, I put a tampon in the yoghurt pot and stick in back in the fridge, a few minutes later insert the tampon and put some cold yoghurt on the exterior parts of yourself ... eating natural yoghurt also helps build up your immune system and helps prevent the problem from returning! I also put on fresh panties twice a day that have been washed with non-bio products and at night when I'm in bed I will wear a night dress with no underwear to help get air to the area & promote healing. Also try to avoid wearing clothes that make you sweat in that area, such a stockings or tight leggings.

I hope this helps! best of luck!

x Sophie x

I went to my Doc today and she said it's to do with my lowered estrogen and she has prescribed an estrogen cream that is inserted into the vagina with a syringe. It's inflamed and sore and there's a small hard lump. For relief I'm taking hot hot salt baths no soap. Don't use any soap down there anyway. And have a course of antibiotics to take. I had one before on the other side. It does go away eventually but while it's there it does hurt a lot so gentle exercise if you cant go with out and no heavy lifting if you can avoid it. Another one of the joys of being female :-)

I'm getting the same symptoms... no discharge. It was just a bump a couple days ago, but now my right outer labia is swollen terribly. I'm only 12. It hurts under pressure, even lightly. It hurts in every position, when I stand, walk, sit, or lie down. No itching, only stinging. I'm really worried, and my mom lives kinda far, so she can't drive me to the doctor... and I'm uncomfortable talking about it with my dad.

Its not just me! Its my right labia minora, and theres one particular part thats swollen and is a bit bigger than the other side, but is severely rubbing on my underwear as its starting to poke out... and this is causing severe discomfort. I think i'm prone to illness. Ive just recovered from Erythema Nodosum that i've had for about 5months...Now this. I just want it to go away! :'( This started right after my first period for about 3months because i continuously took the pill, and since i used my regular tampons and my period finished, i started to feel a little sore, which i had noticed during and after sex. After sex it is now VERY painful and a very powerful stinging sensation. But it also itches frequently during the day...not so much lately, but definitely still has its moments. I was told it could possibly be my pants or trousers being too tight, but it feels too severe to be that simple... :-( Don't dare go to the doctors, as i am far too shy. But soon i may have to... Please respond if you find anything out (Y)

Okay, I am kind of having the same problem RIGHT now & am freaking out major! I was just sitting watching t.v. & started to itch really bad down there. So, I went to the bathroom & when I looked down, my labia was red & swollen! It also has about an inch by 1/4 of an inch long semi-hard bump on it. It protrudes out of my vaginal lips! This has never happened before! It doesn't really hurt, but I can feel it rubbing when I walk. VERY ANNOYING! I have not had sex for 3 days (I have not had sex with more than just my boyfriend) & my period ended a few weeks ago.
I took a shower & washed down there, in hopes that it would go away, but it didn't work. I am 20 years old & visiting at my parents house. I don't know if I should tell my mom or just handle it myself! It can't be an STD because both my boyfriend & I have gotten checked out (just to be safe since we each had 1 partner before that) & have been together for 2 & 1/2 years! I've heard it could be a cyst, or just a yeast infection. I'm so confused!! HELP!!!!

Omg I am so relieved I'm not the only one!! I am only 12 and just finished my period 4 days ago, I only just got my period a couple months ago.. Anyway I went to the bathroom because it felt itchy and was hurting down there so I went to the bathroom to check it out. My left labia minora is red and swollen, it is also itchy but it hurts if I itch it and I have no discharge. I took a hot bath and hoping for it to go away but it didn't. I'm uncomfortable walking, standing, sitting, laying down and it just is REALLY uncomfortable. I only just found this problem today and I'm too scared to tell my mom or sister or a doctor, for the fact that I'm embarrassed and just plain shy. :$ Anyway can someone please help? I'm really scared. :'(

I have heared that this can happen if a person is inconsistint with taking their birthcontrol or not washing yourself well enough. I personally just noticed I am going through the same thing and it is just mainly swelling with a little redness. I am not sure if I should really worry about it or give it a little bit to see what may happen. I surrently just moved and i dont have any doctors for anything. Also, i am not sexually active and my period was about a week ago. I am the kind of person who kind of freaks out when something happens because if something can go wrong for me, it will go wrong. Please if any body could help me out with this so i dont freak out too much that would be absolutely wonderful!

omg. i just realized that... i have been wearing liners the last 24 hours after having sex. i think with the already sencitive stimulated area with the addition of the chemicals from the liners caused my swelling.

I have this at the moment on the outer part of my labia. I thought it was a herpes outbreak though as I have HSV2 and I shaved too much recently, and I just had some really distressing news so have been super stressed. I hope it is just a herpes outbreak because then it'll just go away, but it really stings and doesn't look like herpes, the whole right labia is red and swollen, it's super painful to walk around. I can't deal with it right now, I just started a new job which involves lots of walking. URGH why does my body fail me.

hi my name is teah and i am having this same problem buti have been sexually actve and today it just swelled up forsome reason and its only on
one side of my labia manoras its very itchy but wen i scratch it it hurts lke hell should i got to the doctera bout this?

I dunno if I am going through the same thing, but can someone please help me? My labia is swollen but all the way to the front and it has these little sores on it. its been like this for 3 days i got it a few days after my period, it irritates me and I cant walk, sit, sleep or even drive without it hurting. I went to the doctor and she said I have herpes. Im so confused, Im a virgin how can I have herpes? I also find it difficult to urinate, it stings and Im always left in tears. The doctor said if it doesnt go away by the time I see her again - on Friday - I have to go to the hospital. can somebody please tell me whats going on, Im sore, confused and have no one around who understands. x

i know exactly how u feel im 28 years of age now but when i was 18 and a virgin the same thing happened to me and the doctor said i had herpes i couldnt understand how i had it,but from then ive had problem after problem,was treated a few weeks ago again for herpes which just seems to have cleared up but now my labia is sore,hard and swollen again and i cant walk,sit or do anything x