what didi you do to fix the issue and did everything work out well.

I have had the same problem for the past few years. Im a procrastanator( excuse any spelling errors) and when it comes to my health and or body I will rufuse to see a doctor until I cant stand it any more, and I have a very high tollerance for pain. I have this problem agaion right now, and I have yet had to go to the doctor for this problem, but reading up on the cyst thing, I dont believe mine is. I believe its just clogged because of the size it is. It is pretty swollen, but not sowllen the size of a cyst. Also the info i have seen from a cyst, you more or less will see a ball shaped inside the labia, and mine is only swollen portanate with my labia( meaning up and down, no ball). Hope this helps to ease some minds.

I should also add, that mine is itchy, bleading from scratching, and I keep using may things. Along with showering every day, I also have used vagisil, which helps, but dries too fast so I start itching right away, protollium jelly, which is thick and helps for a longer period with the discomfort, and Aloe Loation. I have also decided to try desatin tonigh, sice I already have it for my children. I figure if it helps them with dry irritated skin and diaper rashes, why cant it help mine. So far, it has been good as long as im not up moving too much. I hurt to pretty much do any movement, sit, lay, stand, walk. I dont think that it's lasted any longer then a week or so.

I have had the same problem for the past few years. Im a procrastanator( excuse any spelling errors) and when it comes to my health and or body I will rufuse to see a doctor until I cant stand it any more, and I have a very high tollerance for pain. I have this problem again right now, and I have yet had to go to the doctor for this problem, but reading up on the cyst thing, I dont believe mine is. I believe its just clogged because of the size it is. It is pretty swollen, but not sowllen the size of a cyst. Also the info i have seen from a cyst, you more or less will see a ball shaped inside the labia, and mine is only swollen portanate with my labia( meaning up and down, no ball). I know cyst can be all different sizes, but they are also generally in a ball shape and mine isnt. Hope this helps to ease some minds.

I should also add, that mine is itchy, bleading from scratching, and I keep using may things. Along with showering every day, I also have used vagisil, which helps, but dries too fast so I start itching right away, protollium jelly, which is thick and helps for a longer period with the discomfort, and Aloe Loation. I have also decided to try desatin tonight, sice I already have it for my children. I figure if it helps them with dry irritated skin and diaper rashes, why cant it help mine. So far, it has been good as long as im not up moving too much. I hurt to pretty much do any movement, sit, lay, stand, walk. I dont think that it ever lasts any longer then a week or so. It is also because of that, that I dont think its a cyst. I know Cyst drain over time on there own if they errupt ( iv had a cyst on my overies/ tubes, cant remember exactly which one now, this was 5 years ago)

One way you can tell if its a cyst though is if you squeze your labia gentally (as long as it doesnt hurt) and see if it is in a ball shape. If it is then I would suggest going to the doctor, If it's just all squichy then its probably just clogged, and you can choose to wait to see if it drains on its own or go see a doctor. Personally if I have to be cut to drain it, then have an applicator in me or stuck to me for some time for it to drain, I prefer to deal with what Im going through. This is why I dont go to the doctor. Tooo scared. That and I love having sex, so the time it would take to schedule the dr appointment, have a diagnoses, have done what needs to be done, then recover ( if any) I prefer to wait it out and keep up on hygine. It takes a lot less time. But this is just my opinon.

Thanks for reading. Hope some of this helps.

Hello, I was on here a few days ago and posted the really long 3 paragraph post. I just wanted to update everyone. The next morning after using the desatin, I woke and my labia was no longer swollen, I still had the itching and a little bleeding from scratching the day before. It was still sensitive to touch and whipe when going pee. I still kept applying the desatin though throughout the day. Second day after, I was a little more comfortable. The raw-ness down there from itching so much has been healing, slowley but healing none the less. Today is the third day, And I am able to do everything, sit, walk, stand, all of it. Whiping is a little uncomfortable still, but i think women should dab ne ways. Ne ways, just thought I would share. Also another one of my theries is that if you start itching down there to begin with, if you itch too much it will swell up. I think that is what happened to me, thinking about it the last couple of days. I think that area has just gotten so irritated, expechally with this heat this summer, and taking care of two kids. I barley have time to shower, led alone pay special attention to my vagina. But it is getting better. I think it was just getting irritated for no reason, and with itching it just irritated even more to the point of swelling. Hope this helps.

Hello, Its me again for the third time. Just thought I would update again. My itching went away for that day, and came back again. So I finally called the doctor and made an appointment. First, I explained to her what was going on step by step. I was itching, then the swelling of my labia, my labia going back down after using desitan, all the other creams I tried, and the presisting itching. And my bathing every day to keep it clean. She told me that using soap is not good, becuase it cleans away all the good bacteria. She said to just use water. She asked if it is possible to have a yeast infection. I told her it was, but an external one, because I did not feel itching on the inside. I let her know that I shave that area, had just reciently had sex, and have been sweating an awful lot becuase of the heat this summer. (2012) She prescribed me an anti fungle cream, with stearoids. The steroids will help with the itching and any swelling, and the fungel part of the cream will help heal an external yeast infection if any. She feels it was more just dry skin, and maybe an external yeast infection from what i described from my symptoms. If the itching presist for the next few days, I have to go in for a culture. Today is my second day using the cream, and I have not felt itching anymore.

For those who are a young teen and dont feel comfortable going to mom or dad, my advise to you is to go to an aunt, older sister, or a grandmother if you have one. Most will keep what you talk about between the two of you, and they too have gone through exactly what you are going through. Also, you dont have to be sexually active to have infection, or irritation with this area. Its an extremely sensative place. And no matter what, female problems can arise for the rest of your life even as a teen. But, If you dont have an aunt, sister, or grandmother, or are still not comfortable talking with any of these women about it, they do sell over the counter fungel cream, you can ask the pharmist if your not sure what your looking for. Over the counter probably will not have the steroids in it though, you would have to get a prescription from a doctor. If you have insurance, you can make an appointment for yourself, Doctors cant disclose to anyone not even your parents what you discuss with your doctor. Also there are free clincs. Also, Monistate generally comes with cream for external yeast infections. Also, blood can irritate this area as well. Try to keep as clean and moist as possible if irritation comes during or after your period.

Sorry for all the long posts, but I hope this helps all you future inquirers.

Ok, I have the same thing..the only difference in my life is that I took this job driving a golf cart around two days a week for like 8 hours a day and after the first day of that job, like four days later I got this mac daddy yeast infection and because I was wearing underwear with tight elastic at the crotch area and my labia minor is an outie..one side was so sore and swollen and after it got like that it kept getting caught in the elastic of my underwear and I would not realize this . In additon, when I had to go pee, I would pull my underwear down and  it would rip off the skin  where my labia had gotten stuck under the underwear elastic because it was so swollen..OMG, it was so painful and the yeast infection finally went away..now everytime I work that job..the next day one side or the other is swollen and gets caught in my underwear..I think it is because the sitting on the vinyl and sweating with tight underwear on...It is just a theory..so, I am changing the type of underwear I wear and bringing a towel to sit on in the cart..Maybe something from my situation can help you determine if your doing or wearing something that is aggrevating it..??

Thank you so much for this!
I am in my 40's and personally too embarrassed to go to the doctors for things like this. On and off over the years I have suffered with this very same thing! I usually find around day 4 or 5 the pain is so intense but when I go to investigate the pressure releases as a opening like a spot occurs and blood and pus pour out! Shocking and unpleasant but the relief is instant. Then it drains and I am fine for a while maybe 6 months or so. However reading some of the responses someone recommended sudocreme and I had recently brought some I have applied liberally and the relief has been immediate. The pain has subsided.
Thank you girls for shedding light what truly saddens me is how perfectly useless the medical profession has been for u! Is it any wonder some of us are afraid to go with doctors not interested or saying its herpes! But I believe mine to be the cyst as u mentioned and from experience it will drain soon. Because this time it's been so painful I decided to look it up!
I have been with my husband since I was 15 and I just didn't want to be told it was a sexual disease.
Bless u all for those suffering try sudocreme and try cotton only underwear. I too have been wearing panty liners since moving to a hot country so there maybe something in that too.
But on reflection I did have dryness which might have been a sign my gland had blocked! I did itch which cud have been how it infected :(
Hope everyone heals fine and at least we are not alone

Thank you for the support you gave by posting ur comments

I've had a few of these as well. It usually happens a few days after my period. So I think irritation is a huge part of it. For me it is one side or the other. The inner labia gets really swollen and painful with one or two bumps, always in the same places (the ducts everyone is referencing).

Sometimes it gets swollen enough that a head appears and it will pop on it's own. I have also forced mine to release the pressure. I keep everything very sterile. When it does pop a p***y/bloody mixture comes out and then it feels sooooo much better.

I keep the area SUPER clean even if the area doesn't come to a head.. Shower in the morning, epson salt soak bath at night, and even one more time if I work out that day. Remember, no strong/fragranced soaps. After I do the epson salt bath I put a little lavender essential oil on the area. Be super clean after you go to the bathroom. I also sleep with just a nighty, no underwear to let the area heal and circulate. Within a week the swelling is almost gone. 

I definitely have no STDs, only been with my husband and he is STD free ;) I think it is just that irritated gland thing.

Good luck ladies! I have learned that I need to be super careful in the feminine products I use (unscented and as natural as possible), letting the area breathe once and a while, a good shower after a sweaty workout, changing pads/tampons often during my period, and keeping the area trimmed ;)

I hope this helps :)

me also i have been experiencing the same. i don't know what is the cause of this. it is really painful. especially when standing,walking and sitting. even when i'm lying in bed. i feel so uncomfortable. i cant move. because it really hurt so much. I am planning on getting a checkup to my OB-GYNe. But her schedule of clinic hours will be this tuesday.. ughh!!!I have been suffering this for 5 days. and its getting bigger. I thought it was just a normal lump from the start. because it doesnt hurt so much but now the pain is killing me. IT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM. need some advise what to do with it. Who knows any remedies please HELP ME :'(

hi, i have a similar problem to you:/ i'm 14 too, i went to get in the bath about 20 mins ago when i noticed a large swellin on my left labia minora i dont know what to do, im to scared to tell my mum because i will feel very embarrassed, i came off my periodabout 2-3 days ago and im wondering if it might be irritation from my tampax does you rmum know any ways off relieving the swelling as i really dont want to go to the doctor:'(

I had the same thing and i applied ice to the swollen labia and it unswelled before my eyes. I had been itchy and really dry down there so i figuered the swelling was from me scratching

I had the same problem. I looked forever to find a fix to this problem. I couldn't find one. Finally I drew a hot bath and soaked for 2 hours. The swelling took only about 8 hours so die down. I also had itchiness. It went away also. I just got out of the tub and went to sleep. The next morning it was back to normal.

I am going through the exact same thing...I literally can not sit, stand, lay down, walk or do anything without waddling like a duck because of this intense pain. I was having a lot of brown discharge the 2nd and 3rd day of having the swelling. This morning I saw my gyno ( she was not very helpful) she told me that she thought it was just an irritation from a comdo of spandex workout clothes, thongs and possibly sex. I cant imagine that being the case though. I've worn thongs and spandex pants for years! I also had a batholins cyst that became extremely infected about a year ago and was told that they can be compared to the pain of child birth. My labia being swollen hurts much much worse.

what was it?

what was it?