Everytime after i ejaculate during masterbation or having sex, the next time i get an erection in the next 4 hours or so, my penis feels really sore. is this normal? and is there any way to remedy this pain after ejaculation?

Sore in what way? Is it sore like a sore arm after lifting weights? Is the skin sore as if you had a sunburn or a rash? Or is your urethra sore as if you've been peeing battery acid?

sore as in i just lifted weights

I've also had this problem since as far as I can remember. It feels (for me at least) as if it's constantly being bent, in other words, a constant acute pain throughout the entire shaft, from bottom to tip. Everything from erection to ejeculation is fine, but having an erection after that causes it to hurt until the erection is gone, like he said, for various hours after ejeculation. Ejeculating again only worsens the problem. I'm not sure if it matters, however, my penis is _slightly_ curved downwards. Any info. on this would be of a tremendous help.

ejaculation occurs through a muscle right below the testicles I believe, there are many muscles around the area, and like using any muscle it can make your penis feel sore. If this is what you are feeling, which is sounds like it is... it usually occurs at younger ages, like during puperty when you start using those muscles, or after a lot of masturbation or sex. It can also occur if you havnt had an orgasm is a while, just like if you havnt used any specific muscle in a while and you decide to give it a workout

If you're staying erect for a prolonged period, you may be experiencing some ischemia. Erection is accomplished by filling the corpora cavernosa with blood under pressure. Consequently, blood is not flowing through this tissue while the penis is erect, and the blood inside these structures becomes oxygen-depleted and acidic. After an hour or more, the oxygen-deprived tissue may become painful.

Hello all, I'm 24 and I have the same problem which lasts 4 years. Everytime after ejaculation I have a pain in my whole penis.It's like really really strong pressure from inside.It doesn't matter if I have sex 2 minutes or 2 hours. Until I'm not ejaculating, everything goes fine.But when I have an ejaculation, I have this pain during every erection. This pain can appear also 8 hours after ejaculation when I'm erecting. I've been tested for STDs and everything went clear. The only things they found was streptococcus in my semen and ureaplasma. This has been cured with antibiotics, but problems remains. My urologist told me that he does not know what is with me wrong. He told that there shouldn't be any problems with my prostate as I'm too young.Do you have any idea pls?
Thanks!!

I have the exact problem. :-(

I know there haven't been any posts recently, but I have this problem too and it's really really hard to find any answers. If anyone who's posted before has since found out any additional information, it would be very helpful.

I've seen a urologist, who basically said he has no idea. But as the other couple of guys on here have said, starting from scratch, I feel fine and I can get an erection without any problems. I can have an orgasm and I feel completely fine...for a while. I don't know, maybe 2-4 hours? But if later in the day I get another erection, it'll be sore. I describe it as the shaft feeling like it was being squeezed really really hard. It's a throbbing feeling, but the severity of it varies. I can have sex again, but I'm asking for trouble, as the pain multiplies if I'm erect, and I can feel it even when I'm flacid. I basically have to give myself 3-4 days before I'm comfortable with ejaculating again.

I've looked high and low online and really don't know what it could be. I've e-mailed a few online urologists too, but they don't know. It's very frustrating as I'd like to have sex regularly, especially with a new girlfriend. But it's pretty much impossible. I thought maybe it's under-use, like working out your biceps or something, but as it stands, it's too painful to try to "work it out" if I don't even know for sure if that would do more harm than good.

What I would give to be one of those guys who can masturbate 3-5x/day.

Again, if anyone has found anything out, please post it. In the meantime, I'll keep researching and get another urologist appointment. Maybe some kind of x-ray or scan?

I too have this problem, and it's almost impossible to find anything about it online. This thread has the most people in one place talking about it. If you're reading this, please share your story. Maybe it's a new condition that's being caused by something in the environment? I have no idea. I'll share my symptoms, which sound similar to the posts above...

I'm 40 now. It started about 4 years ago. At first I only got the pain if I tried to have sex twice in the same day. The erection would be painful all over, as if there was too much pressure. It's not sore on the skin, it's deep within, and throughout, like a sore muscle. Then I started to notice that I would also have the all over soreness AFTER an orgasm, if it was too close to the one before. These days I try to space out my orgasms to every 3 days. That seems to be best. Also, if I ejaculate in the morning, there is usually little or no pain afterwards, yet if I ejaculate in the evening, I'll usually get sore after. If I ejaculate right before bed, I will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with a painful erection. What a drag!

The latest strange symptom I've noticed just in the past year is that after orgasm, my penis will shrink down to it's flaccid size, but still remain quite firm. This is weird.

Again, please share your story if this sounds familiar to you, especially if you've found a cure or solution.

I have had the same probelm now for the last 5 years or so. I'm 33. I have drawn this page to the attention of a world renowned urologist who specializes in prostatitus (not sure if these symptoms are a component of chronic prostatitus or not but its very possible). Hopefully he will shed some light on this.

Thanks Guest, I appreciate that. I should ad to my other post that saw a urologist about this problem one year ago. My prostate was sensitive/painful when he pushed firmly on it. He put me on an antibiotic (Septra) but I got a rash after 10 days and had to stop. I didn't notice any improvement in that 10 days. He suggested Cipro next but that stuff scares me and I am NOT very convinced that this has to do with an infected prostate so I refused to take it.

I am a teenager and has had this exact problem for about a year now. This is the exact issue I have, and I was not sure if it was something I should be worried about. This has been happening before I had sex, so I know it isn't some type of STD. It is always fine, until after I ejaculate. I get a soar pain but only when it is erect, once it is flaccid it is completely fine. My testicles also hurt a little about 30 minutes after I ejaculate. This all lasts for about 2-4 hours.

I masturbate usually once a day. If I do it twice in one day, it would usually be after the pain is gone, but once I ejaculate the pain comes quicker and I feel it more when it is flaccid unlike the first time I do it. If I skip a few days, and then masturbate I still feel the exact feeling. Could it be lubricant, certain friction, or the amount of time you wait to ejaculate? I am thinking of going to a doctor for this, but I find it kind of embarrassing, and I don't think it effects anything else in my body, as I said I had this for almost a year, and nothing has changed.

I find it interesting that this is happening to guys of varied ages. I sometimes wondered if this was just a sign of getting older (again, I'm 40) but since there are young guys who have developed this problem, it makes me think it must be something else. Perhaps is some kind of disorder of the interior tissues of the penis. It's like an all over ache with a feeling of pressure and an almost throbbing quality as another poster mentioned. I've also noticed some of this ache in the testicles somewhat. I do think it's POSSIBLE it has something to do with the prostate as I have had a few prostate symptoms over the years, namely some urinary issues after sex. But these have come and gone over the years and were very brief.

Two things:

1. I've heard bad things about BPAs (certain plastics) and how they can cause sexual problems. I've been using a plastic retainer in my mouth at night to keep my teeth straight for about 5 years but I doubt it's made of BPAs. Anyone else with this problem using a retainer?

2. Another possibility is that around the time this problem started, I took a beta blocker (inderal/propranolol) for a few months to deal with some irregular heart beats.

I'm just throwing this stuff out there to see if there are any commonalities.

This condition sucks because like another guy said earlier, I'd like to be able to have more sex, especially when dating a new girl. I remember having sex two or three times a day when seeing someone new but now that is completely out of the question. Even two days in a row is stretching it now. Having this fear of pain associated with sex is not cool and it's definitely had an effect on my libido and on my relationships.

The exact same thing happens to me too. And also after my penis isnt erect anymore it still does feel firm. I havnt talked to a doctor about this but i would like to know what is causing this. Im also 19.