Have you ever found the answer to this feeling you had?? I have the same feeling . Very weird and scary right? Any news ?? I JUST saw this post.

Did you find out what was causing this?

This happened to me : went to hospital they said it was T.I.A mini strock

I am 44 and have the identical feelings you have. My first thought was stroke because I had no pain. My arms felt heavy like I couldn't control them. I had tingling from my legs up to my face and then I got warm and felt very weak. I went to the er. They did a cat scan an EKG and blood work. My doctor followed up with X-rays of my spine looking for arthritis maybe causing nerves to do the tingling. X-rays of course fine. I have noticed for me they mostly happen at night , sometimes off and on all night. I never sleep thru the night anymore. I hope this stops soon for all who experience it. It is truly scary!

This has just happened to me today twice. Just suddenly I had this odd sensation and I couldn't lift my arms...What the heck is this?

I was experiencing varying degrees of heaviness in my arms and hot flashes over a few days, but it was accompanied by swollen and painful glands in my neck, and a headache that came and went. I had a flu shot and the symptoms, which had moderated, became worse. It was hard to get proper sleep, and, I was insanely busy at work at that time. I finally ditched the Tylenol routine and took an Advil, a nap and a couple of relaxing meals. Housework will wait until I feel up to it. Feeling greatly improved!

I have the same kind of symptoms also . Doctors seem to think it's anxiety or panic attacks . Completely harmless just very odd feeling and scary .

I don't think it's panic attacks. I have those and this is nothing like that.

have your potassium checked. I've been experiencing this for a few years. Not heart. Went to ER. Potassium was 2.9.

6 months? Are you in Canada?

I had the same thing happen to me, feeling of warmth upper chest and then my arms feel heavy....lasts for a minute or so but I have to sit down and wait till it goes away....did anyone of you find out what it could be......any suggestions.....

I am experiencing the same heaviness in both arms, very painful, have had this for over a year. Dec 23 I had 3 stints put in my heart and have been fine since. I also have arthritis in my neck and a pinched nerve, due to a Dentist pulling a tooth which took over 2 hours

I just google this , heaviness in the arms and im not the only one who gets this!
its weird , it happened to me about 4 times , it happened last night and it woke me up out of a sound sleep. I had it happen at work, in the super market. almost to where I think im gonna pass out , then it stops. and nothing.

Ask that the doctors give you a Nerve Conductive Test to rule out nerves. As what you are explaining when you say it goes across your chest .....yes very much a sign of a stroke. Almost all strokes happen while sleeping or just waking up in the early mornings believe it or not but during the day too. I would ask the doctor for an order of an MRI on the brain just to double make sure you don't have a clot !! It could save your life. I rather be safe then sorry. My father and grandmother both passed away this year due to a stroke. Symptoms like what you are explaining I would take it upon myself to have some blood work up done (cardiac panel), Your Vitamin D level, Magnesium Level, and a MRI of the brain. Both of those will help you out a lot. In the meantime make sure you have "Flax Seed Oil" in your diet. It reduces the risks of stroke. Also Lentils :) If you ever feel like you are having symptoms of a stroke...remember to try and not panic and RAISE YOUR ARMS ABOVE YOUR HEAD in a lying down position...you will want all blood flow to go to the heart/brain)

I don't want to scare you but don't let a doctor pass things off as nothing but a panic attack without ruling other factors out. Have simple blood work done on all your minerals, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin D level, B-2 Level, and a Cardiac Panel workup. Panic attacks don't involve what you are explaining.