Hi I'm a teenager 13 yeards old boy and i've just been ruffling my hair and the dandruff is EXTREME!
i need some help i had a bath and washed my hair with dandruff shampoo this morning and to have this amount of dandruff??
though i've been not really having baths all last week just a little wash because it was half term and i know thats no excuse to avoid personal heiygine (is that how you spell that?) but my mum had to work and i would wake up late and wasnt too keen on running a bath (yes i know what you may be thinking im 13 i should be perfectly capable of running my own bath right?) but i've never really thought about it i leave everything for my mum to do I'm not really self efficient. Alsowhen i ruffled through my hair, little hairs fell out too my hairs been getting pretty long lately well not necersarily long but its getting really thick i havent had a haircut in like 3 months or so think the last time was just before christmas could that be causing it?

Sorry for all the long writing I'm not too keen on reading lots myself but help is much appriciated :-)

Wow man...you seem to have a lot of concerns and stuff to share there!

What part of the world do you live in? In my area it is VERY dry right now, so that would increase the presence of dandruff and dry skin pretty significantly. If that is the case where you are - you could try a humidifier in your room when you're sleeping, and a moisturizing conditioner in addition to the dandruff shampoo!

Onto all your other stuff...I think you're allowed to take a break every once in a while...you are only 13! As long as you don't totally stink...haha...

About your own bath - I do have to say that you should be pretty ok doing that all on your own buddy...it is time to be a big boy when you become a teenager (< said jokingly!!!!). My 14 year old step-son is pretty dependent on us for things that he probably shouldn't be too...it's cool...but you need to take some initiative to be independent so that as you get older you don't have to depend on others for anything!

I don't think longer hair is causing it...that is the style now...and my step-son has pretty long hair himself actually. As long as you are washing it well - not just putting shampoo in it - but washing your hair and scalp...the length or thickness shouldn't make a difference!

Thanks for your post...gave me a lot to think about before responding! I like a challenge...be good...let us know how you make out!

hi sorry for late reply computer been taken off me :-( thanks for the info but half terms over now im getting baths every morning and it seems to be gone but also i think maybe it was a few days before i got the dandruff my mum was telling me that i shouldnt use the bathwater to wash my hair and use tapwater so i think it was the day before i started this thread i did that but now i use the bath water AND tapwater so i think thats helped

Awesome...glad to hear it is working out for you!