Any surgery could carry blood clot risk but I would take advice from your vet not your friend

I just took my dog to the vet last week for this very same issue. Blood and urnie came back normal. I went in today for a recheck and now his prostate is enlarged. The doctor recommend neutering but I'm so anxious because he's 11.5 years old. I set up the appointment but still scared because of his age. I hope he will be okay and no longer have prostate issues

My purpose for wanting to neuter my 11 year old Chihuahua is the hope that he would be less aggressive toward me.

Look up the side effects of spaying and neutering other cancers arthritis and other health issues play a role after the removal of sex organs it messes up the bodies immune system functions.
There is a new procedure done now called desexing with only tubal ligation for females and a vasectomy for males. It's the best options for pregnancy control.