If it's just a lump with no "head", and not a sore, it's most likely foliculitis (infection of a hair follicle or ingrown hair). A hot compress (wet towel in a microwave for 20 sec) should help the swelling go down and use rubbing alcohol to keep the area sterile while it heals. Nothing to worry about. If there is pus present, sane deal- could be foliculitis as well but you'd want to go to your doctor toake sure you don't need a topical anti bacterial (usually a cortizone/steroidal cream to wipe out the infection. If your fear is that it's an STD, just go to your doc anyway- its way more comforting to know than be worried over nothing- they have pills for that stuff anyway and life goes on. Hope this helped!

I got one of these back in the summer and i had no clue what it was. I could barley walk! The only thing that would make it feel better is taking hot baths. After a few days, right after a hot bath, it popped on its own. I had to squeze it to get all of the pus out. Up until recently I hadnt had one since then. But now it seems im getting them every couple of weeks. They are so painful i dont even get out of bed except to sit in the bath. I've never had much trouble getting them to come to a head except for the one I just had over the weekend. I usually pop them, drain them until all the pus and liquid comes out and then after a night or so it doesnt bother me anymore. Its always right on my panty line so i figured it was from shaving, except this time i havent shaved cause i was scared to cause i thought i would get another one, but it came back anyway. The thing that helped me really get this sucker to a head was an old home remedy my mom told about. You take corn starch and water and mix it into a pasty (Not real runny) put that on it and sleep naked over night it will dry it out so it will form a head. I did this last night and then took a shower and this morning there was a head on it. I then took tweezers (probably not the best idea) and poked it and it started oozing. Squeeze all the gunk out. Mine was a greenish color and it was real oily and it didn't smell pleasant. Make sure you clean it put and antibacterial cream on it and and a band-aid. I usually pop them over night and the next day it doesn't hurt anymore, so mine is still tender but i do have some relief. Hope this helps!

Did you go to a doctor or an STD doctor? What was the result?

I cannot explain how happy I was to find out so many other people suffered from this same problem. And like the majority of you, I get these red bumps on my upper, inner thigh near my groin. I started getting these things last year and right now I'm dealing with my third one. Its like it comes every few months. First, a reddish bump begins to form and it isn't really that painful. But after about a few days the pain worsens and the bump becomes bigger in size (about the size of a quarter). After about a couple more days, a little white cyst/zit looking thing grows right on top and that's when the pain becomes unbearable. I couldn't even walk to class today and walked very slow with a limp. I'd advise anyone with this problem to avoid trying to pop it because the first time I had one, I never did anything. I dealt with the pain for about a week and it popped on its own and puss began to spill down my leg while I was wearing jeans. I'm just thankful I was home when it happened. I quickly ran to the bathroom and showered when I realized the pain was gone completely. The second time it happened, I grew impatient while tossing and turning in my bed in the middle of the night from all the pain. Out of desperation, I got up in the middle of the night, burned a needle and tried to pop it. I screamed bloody murder and made everything worse by prolonging the healing process. This time, I'm going to wait it out and see what happens. I don't want to see a doctor because I fear they might mistake it for something else because after doing some research, not much is known about this condition. I really hope that someone here has found some remedy to easily stop the pain this thing can cause. I can't think of anything else that can be more painful than this thing. I'd give anything to numb the pain.

could be MRSA you should get it looked it

I have the same thing...they are boils it is embarrassing I know but its a skin condition and taking antibiotics aol clear it up in no time...

It probally wouldn't be a std.

That is an ingrown hair. that it why it went away after you tweezed it out. I had the same exact thing. same place and now I have a scar and it didnt fully close right so if I make a sudden movement, it rips open again. and now I have another bump under there. its quite painful but no hair.

I have the same thing. Ive had it for a couple days now, but ive had it before. It goes away and grows back.
But this time it hurts alot more than it used too, and ive been trying to figure out what this thing is. Its really hard & when i touch it, it feels sorta like a marble. HELP!! 

i was thinking cancer too. it hurts so bad and ive had it for about a week and i squezzed it once and the pus was nonstop so i gave up and now when i try to drain ti nothing comes outt.. but i still have this large bump.. :(

I've been having this exact same thing happen to me for 3 years now, & Im only 17. ):
All my bumps are in between my thighs, and lower thigh area. the bumps are huge and redish purplish. and I dont pop them anymore, but when I did nothing but blood came out. And sometimes they get to the size of like a mini golf-ball. & the pain, let me tell you about it, it's the worse pain E V E R. Some days I cant even walk. & the only ointment I used was black sav, all I did was get it from cvs. It did absolutely sh** for me.  I've been scared to go to the doctor.. & it's only getting worse year by year. So what should I do?! HELP.

I JUST got my first one, on my pantie line inside my left thigh. Its small, but it already hurts :( , but i dont wanna go to the dr and have my dr lookin at my vag :/

This actually very much sounds like an infection of the bartoline gland, which is ginecological...haven't you consulted another dermatologist?

OMG . I AM PRETTY FREAKED OUT NOW ...I READ EVERYONES POSTS. I AM OVERWEIGHT FOR MY AGE AND I AM FEELING FATIGUE AND TIRED A LOT . I HAVE TWO OF THESE DISGUSTING THINGS IN MY INNER THIGH AND ONE ON MY STOMACH GLY . ALSO I HAVE THREE QUARTER SIZED YELLOW PUSSED FILLED ONES ON MY FACE . THE HURT SOOOOOO MUCH :( I PUT A BANDAGE ON THEM BECAUSE IT LOOKS PRETTY NASTY TO EVEN LOOK OUT . YUCK . I FEEL SO UGLY RIGHT NOW .  ONE OF THEM ON MY FACE BROKE OPEN AND THE PUSTSS DIDN'T STOP FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR . IT WAS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING EVER . I FEEL SICK AND IRRITABLE AT THE SAME TIME . I JUST WANT IT TO GET ALL BETTER SOON .

i have the exact same thing right now :S and i dont know what to do... im kind of away from my family and  i have no on to tell i wanna treat it by my self at home i dont feel safe going to a doctor or not only not feeling safe but i seriously dont like to show or talk about these things.. so i hope someone could actually help us over here and tell us the exact things to do and what to take and apply on it or what to do in main way...
so would someone be sooooo kind and write down everything in 1.2.3 etc about everything that we could do to treat it and let it heal by its self or by us... because i have it right now.. it started to get bigger like yesterday and now its huge and red and hard and ive tried to squeeze a little bit of it and it hurts so much:S
so im really waiting for some help :(
thx all and i was really scared that it might be something dangerous  so please tell me if its okay o get them or is it a big deal or should i tell my parents and see a doctor and do i big thing out of it
thx for everyone if you can help us please.. :(