im 13 and have one and it hurts bad and i dont know what to do. :'( i am really scared and i dont want to tell anyone about it like my mom, :-(

Well, when this happens, it is best if you pop it right away and put neosporin on it that way you won't have the pain for days and days. Well probably for a day or two depending on the size of the infection. but if you think that it is something else then it is best to check with a doctor.

how do you get rid of this ?

hmmmm i dont think its STD. I have never had any relationship with anyone, i am a Muslim and can only even touch opoposite gender after marriage! But I get them too. I hope God cures us all and that its not a dangerous disease!
LOL

so i've had this massive, hard, irritated red bump where yes.. the "sun don't shine",
i've had it since last thursday (its tuesday today). i went to the doctor yesterday,
because the bump got insanely infected and i could hardly walk.
it was on the inner left thigh- almost my "private place" and i had to do a terrible limp
to get anywhere. i missed three days of school, because i couldn't walk.
the doctor lanced the bump with an scalple (some razor blade exacto knife thing).
it popped today when i took off my jeans. there was puss and blood everywhere.
it was the grossest thing i've ever seen in my life.
i'm sorry for being EXTREMELY graphic, but this was completely agonizing.
i hope it clears fast. my doctor said it might have been a staph infection.

You know the same thing happend to me it all goes big and red and i've had many of them so could be because a bit of your piss went near your thigh you didn't clean it properly. Or some could be black heads. It sometimes gets black then u should use a black head remover strip it worka

I had the same problem. One pus appeared then it went away after giving me too much pain. I was shy to see a doctor because of the location of the bump. Later I had developed some rashes so a doctor gave me steroids, and the side-effects included weakened immune system. Thereafter, this infection began to resurface all out. I went to the urgent care and an asinine doctor told me that it was Herpes. I told her I have never had sex. I was really mad at the doctor because she tried to convince me about Herpes but since I am a Muslim, I have been abstaining from sex until I get married. She took the culture to test for Herpes, but I also made an appointment with a dermatologist. The dermatologist also took a culture and informed me later that it was a staph infection. She prescribed antibiotics which helped relieve the pain and the bump (thank God!). By the way, herpes results came out negative as I had expected.

So, my advice to those who are going through this problem: Go visit a dermatologist. Even though it takes longer to get an appointment with a specialist, he/she can probably diagnose it accurately as opposed to a general practitioner. Mostly likely it is a staph infection at 3rd level and hopefully it can be treated and cured with antibiotics (inshaAllah/God willing).

Just make sure to keep your body parts clean and not let anyone share your personal items (razors, soap, etc.). Try to disinfect the bathtub, toilet seat after you use them to prevent spreading to other people.

Happy Healing! :-)

omg, i have the same problem. I have been to the dr numerous times, it is always diagnosed as an ingrown hair. but because of the location of it, it is an emotional horrible time!! I hate them, i am going to have laser hair removal so that i no longer have hair growing in that area... the only real solution i can come up with.. lol

i have also got them nasty bumbs i find washing yourself every morning and drying yourself very well then putting athlets foot powder on the inside of your legs and bum really helps. it dwont get rid of them but reduces them and heals them quiet fast. hope this helps as i know it can be terrible.

It is most likely an ingrown hair. It normally occurs with people with curly hairs, but happens to everyone. It hurts really bad! I have one now, and it hurts so much! I can't even walk right, let alone sit down! i have been getting these things for years. You can look up some remedies online for how to treat them. There isnt much to worry about actually. If you dont pop it, it will normally, after some time, either go down and heal itself or drain out. The puss can be a little scary at first, especially if its a lot (i had one on my chest and it drained for like 3 days and i thought i was dying:P), but once it drains the rest of the bump goes down, and the pain goes away. Look up some treatments and methods online, they are really helpful! i myself just pop it, which is torture because it hurts so much to even brush up against it with my finger. I go through the pain though, and soon it pops! You would want to ask a doctor though, just in case it is something other than an ingrown hair. You will most likely have many more of these ingrown hairs if you shave often. As a female, I know, unfortunately, how it is to have a large painful red bump "down there". i hope this helps! :-D

Yes guys and girl these things do suck bad. Well i have one on the inside of my leg this thing got to be the size of a golf ball. So i when in to see a Doc and he came in with a new guy and he sat down looked at it and said well looks like we have and ingrown hair that got infected. So he go's and get his stuff that he needed came back and cut it open with about a 1 inch cut on the top of the bump. I looked down and all i can see is this white puss and really thick blood came shooting out. The smell was so bad. So he gets it mostly out and grabs this long thin piece of goz and stuffed it into the bump hurts like hell when they do this. So after about 3 days i pulled the goz out of the hole and let it heal. Now i just have this black looking spot on my leg where the bump was. So i asked the Doc what can i do to keep this from happening and he said nothing at all. Shaving nor waxing will help. So after $1,500 hundred at the doc i walked out not knowing how to take care of this cuz i get them often so not like i can spend that all the time. I was told to use Tea Tee oil. And to stop using and soap that has a smell to it. I was told to use Cetaphil body wash for my showers. If you do pop it yourself rub Camphophenique on it after you are done getting the pus and blood out of it as much as you can. There is skin diseases that can have this affect on you so if you keep getting them over and over and they dont stop plz for your own health go get tested for it. Also a lill thing i have found that also works is Baby Powder but get the non smelly kind. Rub that on the spots that get alot of sweat. exp..... inside of your legs near privets,butt, and for women bra line too.

Hope this helps some of you. I know how bad they hurt. All the stuff i said to use can be found at Walmart

plz for give my spelling not so good at that.

about a week ago I noticed a bump/lump in the crease between my right thigh and my vagina. It did not hurt but after a day or so I tried squeezing it to see if it would get a head and pop. But it didn't. I just stayed there and kept getting bigger. 3 days ago I got this weird headache and staryed getting chills. I had not been ill so it really bothrted me. I took something for the headache but i woke up the next morning feeling like my skin had been ripped off from my entire body. I couldn't sit or stand and felt very light-headed. By this time, the lump was hurting a lot. I went to the doctor and he wass shocked. He checked my blood sugar to see if i was diabetic and found that i wasn't. He also said that me squeezing it could have released some toxins into my blood stream that's why I had all the other symptoms. He put me on antibiotics but said if in afew days it doesn't burst on its own I'd have to get it cut! I really hope I don't have to do that. Btw, he also suggested that it's because of shaving. Bt what else is a girl supposed to do in that area?

This is really painful i fought it was cancerous
then i tried 2 pop it it was too hard
i fought i would leave it until it goes down i dunno wot
2 do im a teenager im embarrassed to even ask my mum
sorry too much info :-(

how can you get rid of this ASAP?! :-(

finally i dont feel alone! well i hope this is what i have! when it starts i feel the bump under my skin then when it comes out it kinda looks like a hugh pimple, big white head and very painfull! then when it pops its extremly gross and smelly then its not like an opoen sore but open skin kinda for a couple days after that then it goes away ive been getting them maybe once a month for the last year and im too scared to go ask my doctor about it i always thought it was a infected ingrown hair. is that what everyone eles experiences?