hi, i have the same problem, although i have only had the spot/bump once- there is a kind of indention still there. and i havent got any large ones after that, they are just very small

Ladies, I had this same issue with the boils, which is essentially a staph infection due to bacteria getting into your bloodstream. It seems like a never ending process! I had this condition for two years and every week I would have a new boil, sometimes two at a time. They would get as big as golf balls most times. It was hell. I would never wish this upon anyone, ever!!! It's embarrassing and it's hard to communicate with your doctor because sometimes the antibiotics don't work and you're hopeless. I was single for a short time while this was happening and I refused to get too close with anyone for fear that they would see the boils and the purple scars that they left me with all over my inner thighs and near my bum.

My solution was to lose weight. There was no other option. I was overweight but not obese and I lost 40 pounds. It cured itself. My thighs would rub together and spread the bacteria to the other leg or other cheek (if you know what i mean lol). I realized that this condition appeared when I gained some weight over a period of time. It had hardly anything to do with shaving, although it may have began as a razor burn when it started.

You must take daily showers and wash vigorously AROUND your private parts with a clean wash cloth and antibacterial soap, especially if you're predisposed to acne anyway (which I am). The solution I found for the scars, to make them disappear quicker, is called Brightening Cleanser from DDF (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula) from Sephora or Amazon. It lightens the skin after about 2 weeks of using it.

If you are overweight and having this problem, please take my advise. It will save you useless trips to the doctor and you will feel as if you have control over this health problem. You will get your confidence back and lose some weight in the process. The antibacterial meds can only do so much good but the moisture created from skin to skin contact will negate its helpfulness. Good luck!

wow im glad i am not the only one! i noticed it today when i was int he shower that i had that pimple looking thing nside my thy aread. does anyone know how it can be treated or what it apperead?? and shuld i be worried???? 8-| 8-|

I'm happy I found this, I had this exact problem a few years back and a few of the boils or bumps got so bad I had to go to urgent care where they continuously "pussed" them for me. It was not a pretty site and oa few left nasty scars. I am convinced it had little to nothing to do with hygiene because I am one of the cleanliest people I know, the only thing I noticed that seemed to help was not messing with them when they popped up. Don't scrub or pick at or even touch it. When I started avoiding doing these things they went away on their own in about a week to ten days. However, the second you starting messing with it you've pretty much screwed yourself over because it will get worse and take much, much longer to go away.

omg i have the same thing it is a red bump and it hurts really bad not always whenim walkin but if i take a shower being that i have to wash the area and then when urine hit ot kinda burns its in a area where hair so im wonderin is it a hair bump or not..i go to the health dept on the 18th

WOW!!! I am so relieved. I thought I was the only going thew this. I started getting these about a year ago and have about 3 episodes since. I asked my gyno when i had my last pap. she said it was due to rubbing and sweating. I really stated to notice it happened when i would run and if my panties would rub. It almost looks like a blister. It is way to painful to pop, but i get so embarrassed by it when my husband and I want to be together. Im sure that he can feel this boiler too. Is there any way to get rid of it quickly and painlessly? I am desperate. I dont like the way it looks and make me feel so self cautions it totally makes me feel less sexy for him with this huge bump right where all the action takes place. Defiantly no oral for me. :-(

I have this hard, not super hard, but hard bump in the middle of my left thigh. At first I though it was a bite and just left it. Then it swelled up majorly all around it like a bullseye and it itched. After a while though it went away completely and there was just a scar. Now it's back and hurts more and when I walk I can feel that its there and it's not a pleseant feeling. Now when I scratch over it too it has a horrible pain. It's starting to swell up all around it again too. What to do???

i have one right now and it hurts sooo bad!! ii asked my doctor what i could do about it and he told me to warm a face cloth and put it over it....the steam brings it to the top and then the cloth kind sticks to it in a way then it pops it....its from shaving. ik ur screwed if u do and screwed if you dont. the best thing to do....as stated b4 is to change ur razor alot. if it gets to the point that you really cannot walk at all...go see your doctor...ii was soo worried that it was some type of std or sti...thank you for informing me its just an infection. honestly....its one of the nastiest things in the world!

they're called ingrown hairs.

Ok, good to know it's NOT JUST ME!
EVERY TIME I SHAVE, I get an ingrown hair. I assume it's only that. They get infected and I get a HHHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE LUMP ON MY GROIN AREA! Today is the mother of them all. it looks like an inguinal hernia. I mean this one is enormous in size. Two thumbs wide and at least a thumb in length!

And the pain in unforgiving. >;)
This is the longest it's ever lasted though. 4 days so far. I normally put heat packs on it until the infection rises to the skin and then do surgery, but wow. I can't even think about touching it! It's a whopper!

Hello im a man and i got that same thing but between my testicles and leg . i forget to wash their sometimes but idk if it is an std can someone help me ?

dude me too!!!!!!!! i thought i was a weirdo.. only having it. i have this huge one on inner thigh. one day it was small. i was like ok must be a pimplesoi put like this acne solution then the next day it got HUGEEEE. i did have oral sex with my bf recent.. i dont know if its signs of herpes.. but right now its hurting lika b***h. and its huge and its embarrassing i havent even told my bf. im scared i hope i didnt not catch anything. :-(

I am going on 40. I started getting these bumps about five years ago. I've also gotten them under my arms as a teen. two years ago, i got one that was huge in my armpit, the doctor had to cut it open...it Stank...lol. when i first got it on my vagina it had got as big as a golf ball, he took a syringe and drew the fluid. he tested it for herpes...i was in the clear. recently i seen a gynocologist in the new state that i live in. the doctor told me that it was something that mostly occured with african americans. i do not remember the name (it was difficult to pronounce). I notice when i get my minstrual it starts. also at other times. by keeping the area clear and dry...lately i havent had it. Sleep with no undies, cotten undies and when you get home, shower and take them clothes off. the vagina is in a moist and warm area, we have to keep it cool. but men will also get it...my friend gets it on his face and under his arms. but first go get tested to insure it is not infact herpes.

I've had this problem for years and it's quite embarrassing for my partner to see and not to mention painful as my panty line rests right where it hurts! I noticed when I apply a product that contains at least 1% of salicylic acid, it really helps prevent this problem. I used to get HUGE boils on my behind as well and applying a little bite of Murad's Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel helped immensely.

Go to your drugstore and look for this stuff called BoilEase too.

Hope this helps!!!

oh boy. i just discovered one on my inner thigh and i'm surprised to see how common it is. i've had hard lumps in the areas I shave (crotch, inner thigh, under arm) and they usually disappear. This one is pretty nasty. I've put wet towel over it, wiped it w/ anti-biotic, and covered it w/ band aid so it won't spread. hopefully it doesn't get worse. i'm not looking forward to draining it.