I just noticed the same thing last night. I work outside a lot and I am constantly moving. I never had anything like this before in my life. I usually get razor burn when its really hot, but thats it. I have a dime sized bump on the inside of my upper thigh. Its along my bikini/panty line. Its dark red, and it looks a lot like a boil. I am afraid to pop it because I don't want it to get more infected. I am going to try the hot bath and hot compress method, but is there any pills or medication I can take with it to help? I really wanna get rid of this thing. I had to call out of work, because if I irritate it  more it could get worse. I am really glad that this is I guess a lot more commen than I thought. So once again, is there anything I can take like and anti inflammatory or ib profen or ANYTHING that will help bring the swell down or the pain? THANK YOU!

MY DOCTOR SAID IT IS FROM INGROWN HAIRS. DO NOT SHAVE THAT PART!!!

I'm a dude and I get these all the time.  I try not to shave the inner thigh area, and focus on just the fellas but I still get them!  I go crazy on them...trying to pop them but usually can't!  When I finally overcome the pain and pop them, crazy amounts of puss and a little of blood comes out.  They never heal and turn into what I would call a strech mark looking scar.  This blows.  Haven't seen any real cure for this or way to prevent them :(

okay i have the same thing, it kills! but time its to painful to pop, and if i do i must pop it in the wrong area casue sometimes it just bleeds! and ill get like a puss pocket that hasnt pop yet out. ive been told to stop shaving but i did that and it didnt help. and when they go away its like a small flat disk shape skin tag looking this, and then itll inflame again. i heard that it was something to do with sweat glands but im not sure it kills and i told my mom about it, and ive showed her the ones between my thighs sometimes but they get up high sometimes not nessaciary in my vaginal area but under it so i dont want to show her that. idk what im suppose to do! i thought i was the only one with thiss! im glad that im not alone!

SsaME but it is a cyst it eventually will go away and the puss kind of looks like discharge and it hurts alot and its pasty and cheesy i tried to pop it butit hurts so much i could cry.

All of you should check with your doctor for hidradenitis supprativa. I have had it for years in several locations on my body, had many surgeries to remove. Had every treatment you can think of, but surgical removal is the only "cure" unfortunately.

Okay so Im so glad I found this page. I was freaking out about mine. I don't know of it s a boil or a bed bug bite still but it was on my panty line. I thought maybe it was herpes. But seeing as im a virgin I couldn't understand why. I'm only 15 so yeah.i noticed it today when my skin felt irritated in that section.it was a big bump with a white tip. So I put neosporin on it.then took a shower and put more neosporin on it and about an hour later it had gotten remarkably smaller but not gone anyways if you are reading this and had the sameish thing then try neosporin.

These boils are usually caused by a staph infection.  I used to get them all the time, then too oral antibiotics and stopped getting them for several years, until last week.  I bought some surgical scrub to keep the area clean and prevent spreading.  Back to the doc for antibiotics again and hopefully it will clear up.  While I'm sorry so many people get them, it does feel better (mentally) to know I'm not the only one with this problem.  

I have just found it on my leg as well, well I think its the same thing, i'm very worried, because I don't know what to do about it?
Does anyone know what causes it?

I just got a really bad bump like this about a week ago and its so painful that it hurts to sit, stand, lay down and walk. Im thinking about going to the doctor becuase i do have a boyfriend and its very embarrassing. There was a case of staph infection at my school but it doesnt show similar symptoms. Im afraid to pop it myself becuase it hurts alot when i touch it and then for a while after. What do i do??

If you shave your pubic area, this may be an infection caused by your razor being unsanitary. Its not a serious infection and can be treated fairly simply however it should be treated with clinical medication provided by your doctor. It may just "go away" but its not worth the pain so do yourself a favor and get it checked out. 

I had it too. I put some cream on it. It's called elecon try it. You can get it from your pharmacy or drug store.

I think that what most of you are describing is genital herpes.  Not to freak anyone out but they manifest as large blood filled sores or almost like a blister or boil.  You can get them on inner thigh, buttock, stomach, and genitals.  They are very painful and sometimes they come with flu like symptoms.  The only way to know for sure is to get a culture done of the fluid inside. I would say it's worth the trip to the doctor.  It scares me to see all of these people on here describing their symptoms and never once has a single person told any of you to get checked out for herpes.  How many of you actually have herpes and how many people are you spreading it to because you are being misinformed on a website.  Not saying that it couldn't be just a boil or infection, but geesh.....nobody even mentioned the possibility of the highly contagious STD in any of these posts.  1 out of 5 americans has genital herpes and 4 out of 5 of those that do, don't even know it.  Gee...I wonder why.

:

this is not the first time i have had this lump but for the first time it has sweelled to the size of a huge coin...like maybe a inch in diameter there is just a small part of it which is hard the rest is soft and feels like there is water or blood filled inside. it is really sore and so near my pee hole that i am a bit scared....earlier i used to pop these kinda tings but this time it seems different with the swelling and all....wht is it and please tell me wht i should do... 

They are not discribing genital herpes. These are cysts, often due to ingrown hairs. What stopped me from getting them was when I switched from regular panties to men's type boxer shorts, or, when wearing a skirt, I wear nothing under it except a slip. Also, I attached a bidet hose to the back of my toilet tank (about $35 on ebay, a very easy installation) so that I can rinse myself after using the toilet. When just peeing, I can pat dry with a washcloth, saving a ton of money on toilet paper. Anyway, since quitting panties and rinsing for about two years now, I've only had one of these cysts, when before, I had them every month.