I have this too. I saw a dermatologist after having it for about a year - WORSE DURING SUMMER! - and he said it was Hidradenitis suppurativa. It is just acne or ingrown hairs. It is uncomfortable, looks bad and I hate it too. My doctor said there are different things your can do depending on what helps you so if it is bothering you see a doctor and they will you if it is infactHidradenitis suppurativa  and tell you the best course of action. Mine put me on the pill which has drastically helped, although I still get a few every now and again. I hope this helps! Don't be scared though - yes their uncomfortable and ugly but they are not dangerous. A bacterial wash in the shower may help too! Good luck!

I've been getting the same thing on my panty line too, except I've never shaved or waxed the area. I originally thought it was irritation from walking and such, but they go away and then come back. Occasionally I can pop them, but most of the time they go away without it and they don't release pus.

Omg I have the same problem.:(

I've gtten them before, they're ingrown hairs. I just popped one myself, just pop it, put some peroxide/antibiotic cream on it, and it'll heal.

That purple grayish scar over the top of mine after acouple day, I'm starting to scar a lot around that area so embarrassing. I'm gonna make a doctors appt... And find out what it is.... This has been going on for years

I'm pretty sure your experiencing an ingrown hair. They're very painful

What the majority of people seem to have here is a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. I strongly urge you to look this up and see a doctor about this. Mention the name of the condition and inquire if your doctor knows of it. Many do not. It is also sometimes diagnosed by a gynaecologist but more often a dermatologist. If you have these recurring over years, THEY ARE NOT INGROWN HAIRS caused by shaving as evidenced here by

many who get them who don't shave. 

HS is not a pleasant condition and there is no cure but there are many worse conditions you could have. The disfigurement of the skin is probably the worst aspect. It is best to get a formal diagnosis and learn what you can do to minimise outbreaks. If your doctor has not heard of HS, ask them to refer you to a dermatologist who has. Please act - you know this is not just going to go away

Hey to tell you ladies, but you all have Herpes. I'f you pop it and it comes out cloudy white and NOT yellow, it is just an ingrown hair.

So glad to know I'm not alone! Have been getting them occasionally since my 20's or 30's (I'm now 46). One on my inner thigh at the panty line was so bad it left a scar that makes the skin puff out at that spot (about the size of a quarter). I have gotten one or two on my inner buttock, too. Most recently I have a welt (no pimple--nothing to pop, just inflamed skin) right near my vagina. In the past I have used tincture of iodine topically (my dad was a doctor and was a real believer in this stuff--old school meds) with great success. Use a q-tip and dry with a blow dryer. But this new welt, which resulted I believe from a high fever and being bedridden for two days -- and not observing ideal hygiene -- is not responding to the iodine. Not yet. It's been just three days, so I'm still hopeful. I just wanted to tell you ladies about the iodine. It comes in a small brown vial OTC at any drug store for a couple dollars. Def try this! Neosporin does not seem to help. You want to stop using liquid fabric softeners, wash with plain soap--and dry, then apply. It is staining so wear black panties, too. Good luck!

What happen to your sore I have the same thing and I'm freaking out

shortly after posting, like the next day... i saw something of a "head" forming. got so fed up with it, i squeezed it just to see, and lo and behold it popped -- like a lava of creamy pus (i know totally gross, but a really accurate description!). i continued with iodine and it healed quickly and completely after 2 - 3 days. on a side note, i recently returned from a ski trip. not sure what caused it, but i a mosquito bite-like red spot (itchy as hell) appeared in the inside crease of my arm. i used the only thing i packed -- Neosporin. it actually made it feel instantly more itchy and just wasn't helping it heal over one bit. sure enough, when i returned home, i used tincture of iodine -- and BAM all better overnight(!!). moral of the story, try iodine tincture on your welt! don't freak out, you can see that it's no uncommon at all. iodine is an old school medicine and can't hurt. if you don't feel a difference in 2 days, i would be surprised. the little bottle costs more like $4 - $5, not $2. you can find it at any chain drug store. good luck!!!

the doctor wrote you antibiotics because of the smelly pus which is indication of an infection. please trust me on this, before it gets as bad as you describe, save yourself some grief and try applying tincture of iodine -- available at any chain drug store. apply with q-tip and dry completely with blow dryer. wear dark pantie bc it will stain.

forget warm compresses, please try applying tincture of iodine. it works very well for me. my post on this is somewhere later in this thread.

i have pcos and get these lumps all the time, i have one currently on the out side of my vagina, the pain is extreamly bad. Am finding it hard to walk. I just put it down to my pcos. However, after their gone i have a small dark patch of skin, extreamly discoloured. How do i stop this ....

What is its treatment?????