There are foods that cause mucus. That basic info can be found on line. Keep a food diary. You can also try a fast for a few days, with liquids like water and teas. I have Celiac disease, and had to discover it myself after seeing several doctors with no answers. . GLUTEN causes many digestive problems

Hi everyone,

I am 33 and also had the same symptoms...after many frustrating visits to many different specialists and NO ANSWER, I started on my own a gluten and lactose free diet. It helped a lot. Not completely but soooo much better.
I was also feeling depressed because a whole year feeling like this is to much!
I hope this will help someone!!
In God's love,
Renata I.

For me it has been a year, since a bad cold that I had. It is so disgusting, I have to be spitting constantly, doctors, ENTs, I don't drink milk anymore, I have bought every single product over the counter, nothing has  helped. It is affecting my life. the mucus is in my mouth all the time. Now I notice that I am not producing saliva, it is just mucus from my post nasal drip. The same, I was in antibiotics, blamed in acid reflux (it was not that), drinking water like crazy only make me go to the bathroom more often... it is getting worse, and I don't know what to do anymore...

I had post nasal drip for a year and a half. Tried everything over the counter,went to doctor, allergy proofed my apartment, saw an accupuncturist/herbalist, consulted with a biochemist. My daughter and I finally found relief with a  combination of two products.  What I use is Bluebonnet Super Quercetin and the herb Nettle Leaf.  I take the combination in the morning, afternoon, and before bed.  I found Bluebonnet Super Quercetin ($33) and Nettle Leaf ($8) at my health food stores. You can also find it at vitamin stores.  In the mean time I'm working on my immunity, eating more organic foods, antioxidant foods, fermented foods, and juicing.  Good luck!

I have the same thing for about a month now.  I have gerd as well and after much research I think the condition is Laryngopharyngeal reflux.   See link attached. 

Hello all,

I am an 54 old female. I was having these kind of problems, as many of you posted, for about 10 years. It all started after a very bad cold and sinus infection when I had to use anti-biotics. Two years ago I even had a surgery to remove a polyp I had in my left sinus. It did not help at all. As somebody stated above, I even had to quit my job because of constant coughing in the office, not to mention waking up in the middle of the night terrified I'd suffocate...

Two months ago I came up with something (I think I was led), started experimenting and I can honestly say I'm cured today - I'm taking large amounts of probiotics - initially six caps a day, now taking three a day. I couldn't believe how those helped me almost instantly! So many years of agony and now such a simple solution! It is hard to describe how relieved I am. After my experiment, I started reading articles on probiotics online and found how important these are in our overall health. So, not only this condition will improve but also many others you may have. Taking digestive enzymes before meals and probiotics after is the best combination. Highly recommend, and everything over a counter. (And I cannot believe that no medical doctor told us about this simple treatment that can literally save people's lives and improve health immensely.)

Maria

Hey, had this issue for about 6 years now. Problem is, I can't blow my nose to get it out, I can't cough it out, and when I try to swallow it it goes down my trachea. 4 different procedures, 4 ENTS, and a number of other doctors have not been able to figure it out. Have very bad GERD as well. Mucous solidifies to the consistency of semi-dried rubber cement. It's torturous. Just had a few questions.

Did you feel that mucous would travel down your trachea rather than your esophagus (to the lungs instead of stomach)? Was your mucous extremely sticky and thick (clear as well)? Were you able to actually clear the mucous or did it just shift around while trying to cough it up? Just trying to see if this is the same thing. Thanks.

Hi fujiman,
I never learned how to blow the mucus out as well, always swallowed it. About a year ago I started flushing my nose and sinuses with saline solution (neil-med bottle) and it did help making the mucus thinner and easier to endure it, but still coughed a lot. I'm not sure where the mucus was going, not coughed out though. Yes, it was extremely thick, sticky and clear. Since the symptoms for GERD and PND are the same, I suggest you try probiotics and see for yourself. I'm sure it will improve GERD too. My mother (80 y.o.) had a mild condition too. (Now cleared). I've noticed that many older people have this kind of problems. But if you give it a thought, how healthy intestines do the older persons have. So, it's definitely worth a try, I think.

Ya I got this when I got a massage. The next day I was sick as a dog and had enlarged lymph nodes. Then the spit started to get foamy and real thick. I haven't been able to get rid of it for over 6 months. What I have done though is get a netty pot and rinse my nose out with warm salt water. It got all the snot out of my nose and the nose passage is finally clear. During that time I was rinsing my mouth out with warm salt water. It didn't work. So I switched to hydrogen peroxide. The spit is starting to get less foamy. I hope it is working. Also increase your vitamin C level to 1000mg along with other things. I hope I beat this.

I also want to add that I know for sure it is some sort of funky STD. Maybe fungus based. I got a mycoplasma infection and it took 400mg of moxyfloxicin to kill it. After 9 other antiobiotics all failed. I tried Moxy on my thick mucus and it didn't work. The good news is that I had arthritis and it cured it. I took 400mg for 30 days instead of the standard 10 days. I wasn't playing around had to get rid of the mycoplasma STD or I was going to die. Doctors are a joke. I diagnosed myself and recommended moxy. After the prescription for 30 days I beat it. Now a few years later I gotta deal with this ordeal.

could you be dairy food intolerant , i had similar problem until i gave up dairy products. try drinking pineapple juice

I found out after we got a high up veicle with no sidestep that climbing in opened whatever was blocking my sinuses, so now when I go up the stairs I go up two steps at a time at least once a day and it is really helping, please don't do this if you are not fit enough.

i also have problems with constant mucus and a runny nose. my theory is that the mercury in dental fill-ins could be the cause of this allergic reaction.

I am 61 and have had this problem since my early 40's. What has helped tremendously is sleeping with an air purifier by my bed. Also for some strange reason, if you eat the hearty oatmeal (steel-cut oats) in the morning it seems to pull the gunk out of the throat.

I would like to add my name to those who suffer this condition. The overall problem started just over 2 years ago when I had a very severe bout of tonisilitis. The tonsilitis soon 'evolved' to become a chronic cough which I had four months, which in turn evolved to become this mucous problem which I've had for about 20 months (there was no period of good health since the tonsilitis). The problem is especially bad when I'm trying to get to sleep and hasn't improved with nasonex, sinus washes, anti-histamines etc. I would assume the problem must be linked to the original tonsilitis infection (see above) but my nose/sinuses/tonsils seem to be ok - it really is just my throat - and also I used to cough after eating an unhealthy meal (especially burger king!) before the original tonsilitis so I really don't know what to think! Doctors here (England) have been very poor, not being able or willing to sit down with me and talk me through the various possibilities.

I would be interested to know if other sufferers have had unexpected weight gain around the belly (hard, not soft) where it appears (at least in males) that they are pregnant!

Finally, at some point I hope to go through this thread carefully and try the various remedies people have suggested.