The chances of your kidneys or lungs being effected by smoking weed are pretty slim. Sure there are some carcinogens in it, but its nowhere near as harmful as tobacco, and people usually don't smoke as much weed as an average cigarette smoker. And for anyone that says its addictive, its not. I'll smoke weed every day, twice a day for a week and than go another week without smoking any weed and I won't even think about smoking. The closest thing to a withdrawal symptom is boredom (if you even want to consider that a withdrawal symptom) and that's only if you have nothing to do. It also depends on your personality. If you're the type of person that just likes to be high all the time, whether it be on weed or whatever, than pot can be a problem, but you can't blame the weed for that. And if you type "marijuana facts" into google and click on the first link, you'll find that most of the myths about the negative side effects of smoking weed have been proven wrong.

Well youre beliefs are wrong.

== A HONEST ADDICT 1; i liked your honest answer. weed does have life long side affects ask A older addict and you can not say you dont get hooked on pot.BULL than why are you stooping so low to buy from low life or high life people or why are you going to that part of town?you are hooked cant do anything without being high if not weed it meth same addition. in the my studies there are thousands coming out with intestines hurting problems, burned out for life ,cant talk to people. yes these people you talk to thinking your are talking so cool you are wrong they are saying behind your back what a burn out did not understand a thing he/she said you loose your train of thought. [The intestine problem hurts a , lot doctors cant figure it out but when you stop smoking you immediate feel better i spent 3 years 8 doctors, meds had my Appendix wrongful removed, in search for answer than noticed every time i ran out of weed i felt better 1 Dr told me the canabodes in weed with thc is causing the pain and IT IS INTENSE PAIN; IS CONSISTENCE EVERY NIGHT ;AT 3 IN THE MORNING every morning ;PAIN NO SLEEP, PAY FOR IT THE NEXT DAY WIPE OUT FROM NO SLEEP,PAIN THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IN 1 FORM OR ANOTHER . BUT THE WORST SIDE AFFECT IS THE LOSE OF FEELING , HAPPINESS EMOTIONS EMPTY INSIDE ONCE YOUR BRAIN IS BURNED OUT SO IS YOUR LIFE SAVE YOUR BRAIN QUIT.IT IS LIKE WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER A HEART ATTACK OR A STROKE.THE STROKE IS WOURSE BY FAR YOU LOOSE YOU MIND.....A HONEST ADDICT 1.

okay I just need help with this problem. I have mono and hepatitus caused by the mono which is just inflamation and infection of my liver. If I smoke weed while I have this infection will the maijuana iritate it or make it hurt more? Someone please answer me!

I have been a marijuana abuser/user since approximately 13 (im now 40), I have done reasonably well for myself in life but have had a variety of health issues, both mental and physical. I dont beleive that the drug has any immediate deprimental effects on a healthy person in the short term, however lung disease is always a threat long term. Most users use for a variety of reasons, personally i started as a way to feel good because my home life was demoralizing and belittling. However over the years i found severe body/intestinal problems were alleviated by the drug, Turns out this year I have Haemachromatosis that has been undetected for my entire life (both recognized genes), and liver cirrhosis as a result as well as other issues. Unfortunetly I have discovered that 25% liver function cannot tolerate the toxins from marijuana and have subsequently had to quit,marijuana has a mould associated with it that IS harmful,. nausea and other symptoms were rampid because the drug was causeing my liver to struggle which in turn caused portal hypertension which in turn caused my stomach to swell and result in nausea and loss of appetite, sometimes not eating for days, now im on diet suppliments (fortisip) for lacking nutrition and 1 month later my liver has decreased in inflamation. Nausea has started to subside as well.

in summary, be very careful what you contribute to your health issues, as marijuana can easily be doing more harm than good.

FIRST OF ALL PEOPLE GET ADDICTED TO COFFEE THERE HAS BEEN NO PHYSIOLOGICAL DEPENDENCY AS FAR AS marijuana GOES , GET EDUCATED and DOnt acT THE PART

You cannot get addicted to pot. Dumbasses who say they are addicted are just potheads. You cannot get physically addicted, its even in scientific research. People who are "mentally" addicted, have some issues.

I personally do not think its bad for the liver. I've had a liver transplant and I smoke pot and it has not effected me at all. I would know the difference if it did or not because since I was 14 I was a big pill addict for two years.

So in conclusion, no pot does not affect the liver. If it would affect anything, it would be your lungs.

Yes you can be addicted. Dopamine receptors are stimulated by THC just like nicotene. You stimulate those receptors enough with a particular stimulant and they are going to cry for more of that stimulant when you take it away. It is also addicting in the sense that you learn to use pot as a crutch just to get through the day. It's key in your daily routine. It's very difficult for a chronic user to all of a sudden just say no. There are also plenty of documented withdrawl/recovery symptoms. If thats not addiction, I don't know what is.

Anyways..

Yeah, you smoke anything and you are ingesting carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide can make it's way into almost every cell in the body. Including the cells that make up your organs such as your liver and kidneys. MJ is bad for a lot more than just your lungs. You really have to question people who reply with ultra deffensive words and personal opinions that contrast medical facts. Unfortunately there is a huge population of pot heads(^) who will insist, kicking and screaming, that pot is not all that bad for you as a regular (chronic) smoker. It is, and known medical facts asside, just skim through the majority of these threads and read personal experiences and you will see. Smoking pot isn't doing anyone's health any favors, that is, unless you are in the final stages of a terminal disease.

Maybe nobody told you, but maryjane is about 10 times more potent than it was in your day. There are people who are high more often than not, and when you get into that habit, of course a sober state of mind is going to be rejected. That is the difficult and addicting aspect of it. It is a lifestyle for some, and lifestyle changes are very difficult to make when you are unmotivated and fogged up all the time.

I have been smoking Jane for over 20 years now. She is not only good for the body, but the mind as well. To be perfectly honest, Jane is my best friend. In my opinion, I recommend smoking the highest quality available, and puff as much as your wallet allows. Peace out, live well, and be good peoples.

^^

Lolwut@yu, Hahah matey i hope you realize thats the symptoms in a intestinal tract/Digestion Worm. Not trying to scare you sir, just sayin. Get that sh*t checked pronto, unless you wanna sh*t blood one day with worms ;)

I have smoked it since I was 13......I am now almost 45. I have found it to be the only way to relieve migraine and stress headaches.
I agree.....LEGALIZE IT.......
stop letting it be distributed on the black market!

After reading all these notes about addiction and stomach problems, I suspect most people are looking at the wrong addiction.  Try giving up sugar for a few weeks or better yet a few months.  If you think drugs are hard to give up, just try sugar!  But giving it up or at least cutting way back can go a long way to helping stomach ailment, if you have yeast or fungal conditions in your body ( and most of us do).  The sugars feed the fungal conditions and the toxins these things give off can cause a whole range of problems, especially in you gut and your joints.  

I smoked for 10 years. The difference between me and most people who also smoked for 10 years is that the weed i smoke comes from amsterdam. Now i´m trying to stop and the withdrawals are unbearable. And people smoking something like tealeaf say that i´m a liar, or weak. Weak are the buds the majority of the population smoke.

A big part of withdrawal of all drugs is the liver working hard to get rid of the toxins. In the case of marijuana the active ingredients are lipossoluble so your liver needs to work for a long time to clean it self.

If we start to use pure THC crystals extracted from the plant in a few years it would be classified as a hard drug. If all the world were smoking weed from amsterdam everybody would already know the truth about marijuana. Now you imagine pure THC crystals...

FYI, the main reason pot was made illegal was not because of white guys being racist, it was because an industrial titan wanted more money.  Hearst sent lobbyists to "sway" politicians because the leaf was competing against, and winning against, the paper in the fight for the industry.  It was only allowed to be grown buring WW2 for non-smoking pruposes, and since, has been made illegal... until recent history.