you make a lot of good points but prescribed pills affect your liver faster then marijuana because I have done both in the past and the pills have caused greater damage in less time then marijuana.

Every chemical is taken through the liver and kidneys before passed in bowel movements or strained into your blood stream. So yes there can be damage. Any drug, food, or inhaled chemicals can and will be either stored or excreted. So if used in high levels it may not be passed without help of a cleansing agent. Weed can harm your lungs, brain, liver and kidneys. The struggle is how you use it. The brains cells can be damaged with certain passage ways being blocked. Therefor it can stop the brains cerculation resulting in blood clots, rumors and absess. The lungs capillaries will absorb the smoke like a regular cigarette and have it's same harmful effects such as copd, bronchitis, asthma, lung cancer and other results related. Your liver can develop processing issues and May place more contaminants in your blood that should have been excreted, your liver may have increased risk or ulcers and cancer. Then your kidneys may develop kidney stones, cancer, tumors, and could shut down. Without your kidneys you may die.

The keyword here is stopped at times but ALWAYS goes back to smoking pot again??????

Good or bad whatever your stance is you cant deny that alcohol,tobacco,and opiates are just as screwed up or worse for people and all those are legal. Its not a matter of what it does to you, for me it has more to do with someone telling me what i can or cannot do as if i were a child. Peanuts,shellfish,and various other foods can and do kill people who have developed allergic reactions to them should they be illegal. I can personally care less what people do so long as they don't harm others in the process. From personal experience i've done just about every drug imaginable and have had no addiction problems at any point in time.

Addiction to cannabis is not caused by impurities, it is caused by THC which is in all marijuana. Marijuana damages all organs of the body especially if smoked chronically. For people who are coming to the end of life and battling a disease that is painful, I understand the use. Just like patients are administered pain meds and morphine to be more comfortable through the process. Marijuana is an illegal substance for a reason. Every bit as dangerous as pills and alcohol. They all do the same thing...All very therapeutic. They take the "pain" away. I hear the same thing from heroin addicts. The goal is not to feel the pain and in reaching that goal an addiction evolves.

Lmao....did you really state that peanuts, shellfish and various other foods should be illegal because some people are allergic to them? I can tell you have done every drug imaginable by your statement. I feel bad for you but it is almost comical to read over your reply!

same here dudes

I'm asking this question, because I have other things going on that the marijuana would help, but I have kidney disease and I want to make sure before I start eating it, that it won't harm my kidneys

Thank you Bob, you gave a good answer, but I have never smoked and I just want relief from the pain that I have in from my back. I have kidney disease, it's not that bad,, but the pain is worse then the kidney problems, so do you think it is safe enough for me to use for my back, without hurting my kidneys? I have never smoked in my life, just been around it as I have been a waitress before the rules changed

My daughter had these symptoms. It was food allergies. Stop gluten and dairy. Eat few items and introduce new ones and correlate how u our stomach reacts to thrm.

Hi I hope you are ok I when to the doctor and I have similar symptoms as you I find out I have liver and godblodder imflamation in afew days I will go for an ultrasound to find out if there is stones on my godblodder is a pain that locates between my bellibotton and right bellow my chest the feeling and symptoms can sometimes be very similar to a heart attack check your self and hope all is well with you FYI I'm. Not saying this was cause by smoking pod I do smoke not very often but I do smoke some times
Hope my information helps

I agree with most of what you said. I've been a pot head since 1979 and a diabetic for 30 years. I have smoked at least an 8th a day to myself for over 10years straight, and my nose and ears are so dry, as well as my eyes and anxiety has developed. Interrupting my solid sleep. Hell yes you can get addicted. Too much of anything can be bad for you. Motivation is up too a persons personality and what they are interested in, or if they like too work and not just sit around being a bum. Oh ya pot does sometimes give me nausea.

I am a 50yr old woman who has has kidney stone issues for years. After several years of sporadic contractions and urination problems, I had lithotripsy to break up a 10mm stone stuck in my tube. All was well for years. Started to get contractions and had to pee constantly with little relief around two years ago. MAJOR issues past 6months. Went to ER twice since December, had all kinds of tests, sonogramms, MRI's, blah blah blah. They gave me flomax and told me to drink a sh*t-ton of water, which I have been....water, lemon water....In March, at urologists office, had more tests, went for more X-rays, sonos....they tell me I had a bunch of kidney stones in both kidneys AND an 11mm stone stuck AGAIN in my ureter. They schedule surgery for MAY 27th. In April, back I go to ER in major pain. Dr. tells me not really an emergency to operate on since my urine wasn't 100% obstructed, just partially blocked. Have to wait till surgery date. Until then, here's some more pills...now an anti-spasmodic pill for my bladder, oxycodone for pain...off I go...I started gettin super-nauseous from the oxy...heart racing, sweaty, no good.
I haven't smoked pot since way back in the heyday and I wanted to make some pot brownies. Well, what a different world it has become!!! Recipes galore, cannabutter and canna oil, wait....what???? When I was a teenager, we would just grindup weed and throw it in a brownie mix! So I researched for days, and days and I decided to make coconut canna oil. I decarbed the weed as instructed. Next, I infused the decarbed weed with the coconut oil as instructed. I made my first batch of brownies with a regular brownie mix on May 1st. They were amazing!!!!! Little piece every 6 hours in place of a controlled dangerous drug and its natural, what the hell, it's worth a shot.
May 27th...surgery day. (Yesterday) 2015... Go in hospital...10:30am is my time. Of course, surgery ends up being delayed. Let me elaborate on my surgery. (TOOK PICTURE OF PAPERWORK IN OFFICE WEEK EARLIER). Cystoscopy left Ureteroscopy, left renograde phelogmn, left laser lithotripsy stone manipulation, left stent placement to look inside bladder left ureter, left kidney, break up stone, place temporary stent. Wheeew!!
Wait...WAIT...BEST PART, I promise!!!!!! So I finally get rolled in for surgery at 3:19PM....all fuzzy, out!
Wake up in recovery 5:50pm. Doctor comes in to tell me that he went in, looked in ureter, looked in bladder, looked in kidneys......NOTHING........N O T H I N G ! ! ! Not ONE STONE.... Now, I know that I have been drinking a BUNCH of water with lemon since October, but I don't think that was it since I've had all of these episodes months after the water thing. What do you think???? IT HAS TO BE THE WEED BROWNIES, what the hell else could it be????? Let me point out...I used organic everything for this recipe except the browning mix. ALL OF THIS WAITING AND WAITING FOR THIS SURGERY....I wake up to find out I DIDNT NEED THIS DAMN SURGERY.... I AM NOW A FIRM BELIEVER IN THE HOLISTIC, ORGANIC HEALING BENEFITS WITH CANNABIS...I DID NOT MAKE THIS sh*t UP.....THIS IS TRUE, EVERY WORD OF THIS IS TRUE.....ABSOULELY AMAZING!!!!
I am so grateful that this was the outcome....I can't imagine what else it could be good for. Thanks for reading my book! LOL
Danielle,
Sound Beach,
New York

Ps....if you abuse weed, it won't be beneficial like anything else in life....too much of a good thing is not a good thing...try not smoking it....try infusing only the psycho-active ingredient for a medical effect. Time consuming, yes....worth the time...ABSOLUTELY!

Gastroparesis is a condition in which your stomach cannot empty itself of food in a normal fashion. It is caused by damage to the vagus nerve, which regulates the digestive system. A damaged vagus nerve prevents the muscles in the stomach and intestine from functioning, preventing food from moving through the digestive system properly. Often, the cause of gastroparesis is unknown.

However, the causes of gastroparesis can include:

Uncontrolled diabetes
Gastric surgery with injury to the vagus nerve
Medications such as narcotics and some antidepressants
Parkinson's disease
Multiple sclerosis
Rare conditions such as: Amyloidosis (deposits of protein fibers in tissues and organs) and scleroderma (a connective tissue disorder that affects the skin, blood vessels, skeletal muscles, and internal organs)

You have links to case studies? Marijuana is NOT addictive and has NO addictive component to it, as scientists have already speculated...however... Anything that you do in life that makes you feel happy or eurphoric, and doing it consistently, can easily form a hard to break "habit", there's a big difference. I've been vaping weed once a week for years, with a year off in between, with no need to do it daily. I could stop tomorrow as I don't crave, but I enjoy it and don't drink or smoke cigarettes, which are far far worse.
Smoking anything combines the chemical compounds of the plant and can poisonous. Vaping weed is much safer, doesn't combine the chemical compounds and won't hurt your lungs, it's only vapor, never burning the plant.

There will always be people that latch on to any and all propaganda, and I bet they don't even know why marijuana was criminalized in the first place, and it has nothing to do with adverse effects and everything to do with money. So before making sheep statements, research first