Guest wrote:

No, but the smoke is. Especially to people who are sensitive to carcinogens. See scientific research. :'(

who said anything about smoking it?

ras411ras wrote:

No doubt- HOW UNHELPFUL IS THAT!?!?!?

To answer your question:

marijuana itself does not cause liver damage but most marijuana contains various impurities and other plant material that CAN be damaging to the liver; some studies have shown linkage to kidney problems while others haven't -it's probably along the same lines as liver damage -caused by various impurities filtered through the urinary system. Hope you're still reading and this helps!

AS FAR AS THE ONE WHO SAYS IT'S HARMLESS:

I suggest you read some of the other forums where many describe their problems and issues with marijuana including withdrawal syndromes and addiction. There are very real problems associated with long-term, chronic use. I used to think it was harmless and non-addictive myself, but now know different. I smoked for 10 years and have only recently quit.

Any smoke you put in your lungs does harm . THC has an accumulative effect in the brain and fat tissue. As a smoker of the herb it does have a health effect depending on amount smoked and years smoking. Like any drug in moderation the effects vary.

HI. I love ur letter. I have also got a lot of health problems but never smoked marijuana, but have been told by so many people to use it. I feel very sorry for u as I also battle extremely with my stomach and only becos the doctors couldn't diagnose it in time. I'm sorry u won't see a doc now, as u really need medical help as well. Or at least get yourself Maalox and Nexiam. It aids the stomach and u are still young. Don't wait until it's too late before having it seen to. U still have ur life ahead of u and believe me u don't want to go through what I'm going through 24/7 and I can't take any medication as I have a tumor in my liver that can't be removed as it's deep inside the liver where the arteries and blood vessels are. Please see someone professional about your stomach...They can never give u a stomach transplant or a plastic stomach....Keep well and I wish for u to get better soon. Kind regards.

I'm starting to wonder if smoking weed, along with other "habits" I have engaged in are effecting my liver. I just smoked yesterday and almost fainted the reaction was so bad.

I was a long time, extremely heavy pot smoker. I also did acid, shrooms, cocaine, pills and drinking. I didn't do very much cocaine, but that sh*t is so evil I don't doubt it wouldn't take much to damage the hell out of your body. I know a lot of pills can be harmful as well. I was only able to take half vicodins and half percs or I would get the same reaction as I mentioned before.

Now that I'm typing all this down. I'm pretty sure my liver needs to get checked out. I've tried to stay pretty clean the past 5 or 6 years but seeing as I got a severe reaction from smoking 3 hits of pot that almost put me in the hospital, maybe I need to do more to help myself out.

I used to juice a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, maybe i need to start doin that again.

thanks, and ya i smoked bud heavily for the last 5 years and sumtimes get pains in my kidney and liver so i was just wondering.. thanks for the advice bro, b safe and one love

well........Does it?

Yes (guessing from reading and common sense). Smoking brings waste into your body, naturally your body needs to clean. If your kidney and liver are doing overtime for 5, 10+ plus years something has to give.

Everybody is not the same so im guessing the affects in people will be the same.

Everybody is not the same so im guessing the affects in people will NOT be the same.

What some feel as pain in the kidney's or liver could be the colon that is irritated. THC slows down the smaller intertines which in turn can cause bacterial overgrowth, especially when you follow a bad diet. The nasty brew that is created will then be transported into your colon and can irritate it. (Overall this process could lead to all kinds of trouble, look for SIBO on the internet). The pain of an irritated colon from too much gas, constipation or inflammation can be felt right beneath the left and right side of your ribs...

Ofcourse it is always possible that it is another organ, but I think that in the majority of cases it is the colon.

As research has shown, cannabis does have direct physical effects (inhibition of gastrointestinal motility, lowered muscle tonus) and indirect physical effects due to what you could call psychological effects (pe. anxiety driven pain in the chest, sweating etc.), which could lead to serious problems for some people. Withdrawing from (heavy) cannabis use is giving numerous people various physical effects (nausea, stomach pain, lack of energy etc. etc.), probably partly caused by the sudden rise of gi-motility. 

i am a cannabis breeder and have been smoking for 25yrs. i have hep c and have noticed recently that when i smoke my liver becomes inflamed. This is very distressing to me as i have been a proponent of cannabis for a long time. i believe that if i had a healthy liver i could continue use, but due to the inflamation that it clearly causes within an hour after consumption, i must quit. i will miss it but i can't deal with the pain due to the inflamation in my liver. i live in a medical state and have made my living off of this plant. i am disclosing this info. for people w a compromised liver.

How do you know that it is your liver?

... missed the fact that with hep c you meant hepatitis C. I apologize for the stupid question above (face palm)

mabe if u would not smoke it it would not happen

mabe if u would not smoke POT it would not happen:/

well that's awfullt rude