i was also a bit scared when i noticed that my breasts were getting lumpy in some areas and starting to be sore and leaking fluids especially because i too just had an abortion about 4 days ago and i was 14 weeks along.

although i dont see how criticizing all these woman about how horrible they are for having an abortion relates to the question you were supposed to be giving advice about or telling about your own problems with breast milk
But i do thank all of the other women who gave advice on how to help
thank you i really appreciated it.

and to the women who have something to say about abortions:
do you really go on the internet looking for topics about abortions just so that you can read them and post your ideas on how disgusting they are?
i mean, im sorry that you cant have kids but to go around criticizing people on a topic that does NOT relate to you is pretty pathetic.

that woman is a nasty piece of work, i had an abortion and it was the most horrible thing ive ever gone through, i wish it never happened but it did, it happens to millions upon millions of women each and everyday. i am extremely sorry that she cant have children, and would never put such a sad fact down, i could never imagine how difficult that is. but that doesn't make her comments exceptionable is ANY way. they are disgusting.
to all woman who have had to go through having an abortion, like me, never feel bad or feel you've done something wrong, you haven't. you made an extremely difficult and brave disision, and one i am sure was for the best. i only hope you have a fantastic friend, partner, or family, who you can talk to, my best wishes xxx.

i jus wanted to say to the person who has a problem wiv people who choose to have a termination that u shouldn't judge. ive been pregnant 4 times i had 2 miscarriage's then decided to go on the pill but i got pregnant again and lost the baby for the third time. then i decided enough was enough, my doctor recommended that i have a mirena fitted so i did then got pregnant and needed to have a termination because the baby wasn't growing where it shud be so please dont be so judgmental. everyone has the right to choose.

I had an abortion. I do not judge:
1. those who chose to terminate their pregnancies
2. Those who judge women who have had abortions.

It is wrong, and it is murder, and unfortunately abortions are too readily available in North America. They are excessively encouraged as a plan C. But ladies, these procedures have long term risks which are not fully researched and documented. You're not doing yourself a favor by imagining that you have a right to chose. You (and I) who got accidental pregnancies should have chosen to use contraception- and a baby did not have to die prematurely as a result of our irresponsibility. And our carelessness should not be rewarded with some "pro-choice right to chose". Quite frankly, the baby deserved to be born, and I deserved the responsibility associated with it.

Without digressing, I hope you've all recovered well from the procedure. I hope we all get healthy babies in the future. The info about the leaking breasts is actually what I was looking for- as I am experiencing the same problem. All the best ladies.

xoxo

i had an abortion about 4 weeks ago, and my breasts are still leaking.
at first when they are really swollen and heavy,
you'l notice a cloudy or clear liquid leaking from your nipples,
the best advice is not to squeeze nipples,
and also in the shower, try not to let the water run directly onto the nipples as heat can be more sensitive to hot water.
also i've been told that cabbage leaves can stop the leaking, i havent tried it myself, but after four weeks im willing to try anything.

hope this helps

i am 20 years old and i had an abortion 1 week ago.then i noticed my breast started to leak this clear substance of course i was afraid that is y i came to site to get the answer for y questions.i will like to say thanks to those who gave just the help that i needed.and to that woman who came to talk bout other peoples way of life i feel sorry for u cause u got nothing better to do that is y u here trying to bring down other women.well i hope that all works out good for u in life

Omg the woman that said you should be ashamed is totally out of order!
i had an abortion like last week when i was 3 months along.
It was a hard decision but i don't want to be another statistic mothers on the street, it would also effect everything in my life.
I am 17 and it had to be done.
My boobs are also leaking and it is getting ridiculous and it is starting to reaaaally anoy me :-(

To the child not a woman because a Woman would have never made the harsh and inmature statement you made ! Who are you and what right do you have to judge Us! I had an abortion five days ago and piece of me went with my child that day so how you dare any woman who made a choice their god given right to make that choice! You don't know anything about the people who get the producer done I wanted my baby but I am a poor jobless college student so what was I suspose to give my child what I didn't have! Adoption isn't always the best option either do you know how many kids are mistreated every day in foster care! So until you fly with wings and are consider an Angle with God then don't judge!

My breast JUST started leaking and i had an abortion last weekend, so fairly recent. i've been feeling so down and such a horrible person due to no support besides my mother. i'm so glad i stumbled onto this board...

it's nice to know i'm not the only one who had to make a super hard decision.
=(

to the one woman who said it's god creation and god gave us that baby
To be perfectly honest, if a woman was raped, it was more like IT WAS THE GUYS CHOICE TO PUT SEMEN INSIDE HER TO CREATE A BABY.
so therefore.. god wouldn't of let a horrible sin like that happen to a young woman, so no way did GOD create that baby, a stupid piece of a sh*t man did...

I have a 3 yr old boy already and i was pregnant at 17, wasn't ready and this time i got pregnant and had to get an abortion. There's no way i can raise two kids at 21. You may call it selfish but sometimes you have to be to provide a good life for your future child. If you have no education, or anything for that matter to fall back on... Love wont cut it, you can love something all you want but Child Services wont give a c**p when they see the shitty enviroment you just put that kid in since your 15 and can't raise it... You have to think about the choices you make... you choose to have a baby at a young age and ruin its life... no one is judging you.... We decided to have an abortion because we made a mistake in life and weren't ready to be good parents.... all i have to say, "thou shall not judge"
isn't that whats said in the bible? and i'm not even religious.

Sorry for the long post... i just haven't had a chance to express how i've felt about this entire choice i had to make.

Take Care everyone, and thank you for letting me know i'm not the only one who had to deal with heartbreak.

ok. i got an abortion in feb. nd its october. nd my boobs still leak from time to time. is that bad? do i need to be checked out? idk wat to do? they only leak if i squeeze it out. sorry for the TMI but its true. its not fully milk. juss clear fluid. idk y its doing this. does anyone have any thoughts on this.

OH AND P.S. TO ALL THOSE WOMEN WHO WANT TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT MY CHOICE. I WAS 18 AT THE TIME. IM 19 NOW. ND I WAS RAPED. I DONT THINK YUH COULD LOOK A CHILD YUH GAVE BIRTH TO ND KNOW HOW IT GOT THERE.....I DIDNT THINK SO. ND ADOPTION IS WAY MORE HARDER TO DO THEN ABORTION EVEN THO THAT CHOICE IS ONE OF THE HARDEST CHOICES I HAD TO MAKE IN MY ENTIRE LIKE. I STILL CRY OVER IT. I CRIED AFTER AND BEFORE THE OPERATION. SO DONT SIT THERE ND JUDGE ME IF YUH DONT KNOW ME. K. THANKS.

to that woman/18 year old.. ok fair enough you dont agree with abortions ok. but honestly i only just had an abortion 3days ago and to tell you the truth i was thinking about keeping the baby. but then i thought about the baby. i had a good upbringing im not saying that but still we cudnt get alot of things in my house and my mum and dad were always unhappy and unable to do things for themselves or us. now to bring a baby into the world wud be beautiful but to let the baby have an upbringing that is horrible then yes you should have the right to get an abortion. i no for a fact that my boyfriend and i wudnt not have managed raising a baby at this tym in our lives.fair enough our family might help but still you want that feeling of being able to do things for your family as much as possible.we have no money at the moment still living with his parents and want to get our lives sorted before we settle down to have a family. so we can support our children and so on. but honestly thats really sad what you have gone and said to these girls who needed the support from others in our case. oh and by the way im a catholic but i do not care what anyone says about me getting an abortion because i no i have saved my babys life from being a horrible one..

and with the leekage thing i need help with that too ive been told about the cabbage leaves.. and wud wearing a cotton sports bra help at all im just worried that ill get mastitis. anyones advice id be greatful xxx

Hi. Im 16 and i had an abortion 3 weeks ago. Last night me and my boyfriend noticed that my nipple was kind of leaking and liquid. we were so scared it was unbelivable!! i dont know if its normal 3 weeks after? or is it?
x

I resently had an abortion also, i was 15 and a hlf weeks pregnant and had to get the 2 day process done... 2 days later my boobs became hard and started leaking... dnt worry thats breast milk thats coming out .. Basically our bodys are going thru the same thing.. Since we are no longer pregnant our bodies just see it as we had the baby so we're going thru some of the same things woman who actually gave birth go thru... its like we gave birth thats why breast milk is being released so freely but since its not being used/pumped its leaking out. It is ok for you to push this out, when you take a warm shower just push the top of your breast down to give a little preasure.. it will feel ALOT better after you have done that... just dnt force it and squeeze cause that might cause them to hurt more... be gentle.

First off, "Every good and perfect gift if from above". Look it up-its in the bible. Sometimes God will put us through the most horrible situations just to get something good out of it. If being raped cause you to get pregnant--then God wanted that paticular baby to be born on a certain day and grow up in a certain way so that maybe someday he (the baby) will find God and lead others to God. God's whole purpose is that we all have faith in him. And through being saved we find peace and prosperity. Unforgiveness is a sin. Repent of the wrongs you've done (the abortions) and put your faith in Jesus Christ. Most of us dont even realize we need god until something horrible and life changing happens. If its happened to you, then god is calling out to you. Dont be fooled. There is a devil and a hell.

As for the leaking clear fluid. its called colostrum. your leaking it out being your body still carries the pregnancy hormone called hcg. it may take months for it to go away.

Good luck. And be blessed.

If you get pregnant from rape, God wanted you to have the baby. But if you get pregnant with someone you love, obviously God took that baby away from you, right? God performs miracles, but he doesn't direct a man to get drunk and hit someone else's car in order to test the victimized person. A child from rape is a child from rape. A child from someone who should be infertile or has used every method of contraception and hasn't had it work is hand of God. I don't approve of abortion because I believe in the sentience and life of an infant, and that life gives it its own rights, so I'll never do it. But I won't condemn another for it either. How do we even know when life starts? That's my thoughts on the subject. I also think it's dangerous, personally, but would rather a professional do it than see some desperate girl get a back-alley abortion which would be more likely to render her infertile or kill her. For those who say she deserves it: An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Anyhow, the fluid is colostrum, and followed by breastmillk. Your body does NOT differentiate between having given birth, having an abortion, or having a miscarriage. Chemically, the life within has left, which sets in motion a series of hormonal reactions, and your body will act as though you have had a child. Without the placenta, there is nothing to produce hcg, and that lack of hcg begins the next set of hormonal balances. Your breasts will swell with milk, the hard lumps being full milk ducts, and you will leak milk. It may be helpful to find some articles on drying up breast milk. You could also possibly donate the milk or become a wetnurse if you have no infectious dieseases and don't use drugs (either legal or illegal). But if you do, obviously, it won't dry up. It's one of the things that makes pregnancy loss so hard sometimes... You've lost your child but your body prepares to feed it anyway.

Any stimulation to the breasts, including warm-hot water from the shower, can actually stimulate the breasts to continue to make milk. Nipple play will cause letdown and stimulate milk production. Etc. Best thing is to set your breasts off-limits. Some recommend having cabbage in your bra. I never tried it myself, but it kinda makes sense. There are also breast pads to absorb any leakage.