So I drank too much last friday night (04/27) On saturday I was throwing up bile all day long. When I was finally able to eat something it hurt so bad. It felt like the roof of my mouth was cramping up and knives were poking at it. On Sunday it was pretty bad. Then Monday it seemed to get worse. By Tuesday I was crying like a little baby. The roof of my mouth hurt so bad and my sinuses and head were throbbing also. I went to the Dr and he gave me antibiotics and painkillers. Last night I woke up 2 times because of the pain in my mouth, teeth, and head. I dont know if it is getting better. But this morning I went back to the Dr. so he could double check my mouth. he said that everything looked normal. I suggested that maybe the bile had burned my mouth and he said it could be a possibility. Anyway he got me an appt with a moutha nd throat doctor for next week if the pain doesnt go away. I really hope it gets better because I really do not want to go back to the Dr. Has anyone experienced this, to this extreme? Has it gotten better for the people who wrote previous posts??? I am freaking out that i have done serious damage and there's no turning back! Is eating just making it worse?

I agree with dude that said his puke burned worse than ever. That's where I'm at I woke up 5 blowing chunks it burned so bad I don't remember having this feeling n I used to throw up a lot.. I wasn't to drunk it just burned so bad then came out

Weed is good for everything Should be legal.

amen i'm going thru the same thing. Been hurtin like heck since Sunday evening. Sunday was my puke day. Ouch! Headin to Doc. tommorrow.

Im a medic from afghanistan and started pretty heavy drinking when I got back, keep in mind that your throat is not protected from stomach acid (the reason bulimics have throat disease and GERD). Also that your throat is a muscle and that reflex of puking is like getting punched in your soft tissue, its going to feel like a bruise and be soar.  the advice of not eating is just stupid, eat soup and hydrate well with water to keep your body running at the tops.  Take NSAIDs, (non steroidal anti inflamitories like Ibuprofin or alieve) only with food, otherwise your going to give yourself a stomach ulcer too. rest and tea helps, just take it easy... good luck!

Woke up hung over from the night before.. no puking then or when I woke up. Went to the bathroom, had a nice drink of water, went back to bed. Then I run back to the bathroom to puke my brains out twice. That's happened to me before and I almost expected it but not the pain that hit my throat and the back of my nostrils oh god. A few hours and some googling later and hot tea is really helping and it's going down a bit. As I understand it, aside from painkillers or even anti-inflammatory stuff, there isn't much you can do besides waiting for it to heal back up since the bile damages the areas that aren't protected by your stomach lining.. like your throat and nose. Mine wasn't as bad as the other stories here.. I'll be fine soon enough.. and good luck to anyone who's dealing with this sh*t.

milk helped me too

Im on my 2nd day and I still can't swallow anything (except water in small sips and Pepto Bismol) without really irritating my throat. Im eating some bland foods anyway (very small bites) and then chasing them with the Pepto. This works. Gatorade only aggravates it a little bit so I'm drinking that in small sips too. Definitely try the Pepto for some short term relief.

I have the same problem! Urge to swallow, short lasting pain in the back of my throat. I'm in japan and they have all-you-can-drink for around 15 bucks. Boy, did I drink too much. 5 mixed drinks and 3 beers and I'm not a heavy drinker at all. I puked my life out this morning twice and it was the worst burning puke I've ever had. Now I'm stuck with this lump in my throat and I can't eat. I'm drinking water a lot, but this thing won't go away. Any suggestions? On top of it all, I'm a hypochondriac so I'm freaking out. :(

Same deal as all the other posts, drank 18 pints of beer smoked like a chimney , but earlier that night ate Chinese food ( which I got food poisoning from ). Spent the next 3 days puking non-stop ( mainly from the bad food ) Christ I was sick :( Long story short, still have a MEGA sore throat and jaw from so much chundering and this is a week after the fact. Nothing will cure this but time.

Jesus. Im going through the same thing right now. The only other time i had this pain was when i worked 13hours straight landscaping and i couldnt eat or drink anything. Im guessing dehydration and stomach acid can work together to make it worse. Last night was my friend's bachelor party and we started with tequila then moved to vodka, moonshine, whiskey, and rum. We were havin beers between shots as well. Very rarely am i this stupid with drinking, but how could i turn down drinks at my best friends bachelor party?! I tried eating a fried egg sandwhich (only hangover food i can eat), and it felt like someone poured gas in my mouth and threw a match in it. I took two ibuprofen and the swelling went down. its 4:00pm now and the pain subsided a lot. I agree with the people saying hot tea, chocolate, and coffee. I was expecting a sh*t-load of pain when taking my first sip of coffee and to my relief, it actually made it feel better. Also i agree with the weed. Ibuprofen, weed, hot drink. 90% better atm, idk how you guys can put up with this for 3days though...god almighty.

When did the pain finally stop?

I feel the same way but even blowing one with this pain is uncomfortable.... 8 (

Thaaank yoooou for this encouragement

You probably need to go to the doctor. It it possible to burn your esophagus with stomach acid. The doctor can give you something called a GI cocktail, it's lidocaine and milk of magnesia, takes the pain away almost instantly and if it does you have burned a hole in your esophagus. The doctor can give you a prescription to help it heal faster. Acidic foods are probably the worst thing for you.