Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

I drank a lot Friday at a fraternity party. I threw up all day Saturday. Today is Tuesday, and the roof of my mouth hurts bad. 

Reply

Loading...

KFC mashed potatoes worked surprisingly well for me.  First I was eating with gravy, which caused me to run to the kitchen and run the water until warm so I could soothe my throat.

 

Once I just ate the potatoes plain I found not only am I happy to have something that doesn't hurt to eat, but it actually helped..  maybe the cream?

 

Anywho, good luck to you all. I'd kill myself if the pain I got from chugging cold apple juice this morning lasted for more than 10 minutes at a time..

Reply

Loading...

Right there with you man drank all sorts of shots and mixed dinks last night and woke up and threw up 4 times in 30 minutes. Drank some sprite and threw that up, I have now thrown up at least 25 times and my throat is on fire. I finally stopped puking about an hour ago but now it hurts when I eat or drink anything. Worst part is that it's Thanksgiving and my mom made some super dank food that smells amazing and I'm not even going to be able to enjoy it!
Reply

Loading...

The other night I had a McDonald's big mac, a large mountain dew, a milkshake, and a few beers. I have a slightly weak stomach so this mixture didn't mix well, especially since I don't eat much junk food. Well, I woke up in the middle of the night, and the the McDonald's came up in pure chunks. 20 minutes later, the beer and the pop came up, mixed with a harsh stomach acid, and burnt the right side of my throat. It hurts to swallow water, and eat food, and sometimes my throat will pulsate with pain just sitting here. It's been two days and the pain hasn't gotten any better at all. I'm worried that it might be serious. It's too hard to eat, and I basically have to force water down, with excruciating fits of pain. I'll try some of the remedies. 

Reply

Loading...

That's normal man. I just had burn my throat from throwing up last night. The acid from stomach + alcohol I drank last night might be the cause. Now I'll just do some home remedies I can still feel it'r there.
Reply

Loading...

Try a spoonful of honey, the sugar costs your throat for temporary relief
Reply

Loading...


I also did a similar thing, threw up from drinking ridiculous amounts of alcohol. I didn't get to drink water/fluids until the next day and my throat definitely got infected from the stomach acids. This was a Thursday. Friday I felt awfully sick, like worse than hangover. Saturday and Sunday came along and I felt much better, but still not 100%. Monday I got Strep throat... Word of advice is MAKE SURE TO FLUSH OUT BACTERIAS AFTER VOMITTING.It sucks :(

Reply

Loading...


Yes I am going to smoke weed...I'm hoping the "high" will soothe the pain with its numbing qualities...besides i just wanna get high......I can't eat nothin...i drank gatorade to add electrolytes that I lost throwing up.......anything i try to eat hurts so bad...the inside of my throat, mouth and ears burn with pain that only those on this board can relate to...

Reply

Loading...


take a tbsp of olive oil to coat your throat....drink coconut milk.....make a hot mix of peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and coconut milk...that will give you some energy since you won't be able to eat almost anything....worked for me...
Reply

Loading...

My husband was really sick yesterday. He had a horrible migraine, which made him very nauseated. He kept throwing up violently all day long. When the vomiting finally stopped, he was very hoarse. He is doing better today, but he is still very hoarse from throwing up, and I notice he keeps coughing off and on too. I asked him if he was ok, and he says that his throat feels scratchy and he has to keep coughing. I feel so bad for him. Does anyone know how to ease his scratchy throat or help stop his need to cough?

Reply

Loading...

Hey guys n gals. I started a new low carb diet and 4 vodkas later I was in yoohoo land. I ate some food and went to sleep only to wakenup projectile vomiting. Needless to say the next day I was in excruciating pain trying to eat hangover breakfast and each bite got so much worse. Got home, instantly took a 800 mg ibuprofen which helped somewhat. I also drank hot green tea, and took two spoon fulls of honey, both temporarily alleviated the pain. The only thing that helped was the ibuprofen. I had to take 4 of them to make it better and I was able to eat again.
Reply

Loading...

I think it's hilarious that most of us came here because we drank too much and burnt the sh*t out of our throats with stomach acid. I'm glad I know what's going on now. I can barely swallow my own saliva, and it burns just to breathe D; I found another answer elsewhere saying the muscle under your tongue/behind your chin can be gently (very gently) massaged to help eleviate the some of the pain. Apparently it's fairly easy to constrict that muscle while heavily intoxicated and vomiting. That helped a little for me. Lesson learned. I can't wait to never do that again.

Reply

Loading...

I few years ago, I used to be a HEAVY drinker. After being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, I quit drinking altogher. Cold Turkey. A VERY bad couple of days followed of vomiting every half an hour to hour and I too ended up with a troat saw raw it was actually bleading a little.

Some things that are good to help, in my opinion:

-Lots of water, for two reasons: 1)it'll dilute the acid in your stomach and it'll make it much easier to get rid of. 2) It helps you stay at least somewhat hydrated.

-An other option is sports drinks (Gatorade, PowerEdge, etc) they have necessary electrolytes that you need to replenish.

-Tea's are great option too.

 

Barring those, if you get to a point where your heart is palapatating or you are seeing things, call 911 or go to the ER. They will administer a drug called LORAZEPAM (ATIVAN) that works very well at calming an upset stomach and very quickly. Plus they'll give you an IV for hydration that you can't throw up.

Reply

Loading...


Oh, and one other thing. This is going to sound crazy, but it works (I got this from a hospital nurse:) 2 -4 CHILDREN's Flintstone's Gummy Vitamins every couple of hours.

Reply

Loading...

Been reading through the board and while i did come here for the same reason i can't say i have it as bad as some of you here.

It was after a match of football that we went to have the occasional drink which turned into more, however i can't say i drank all that much but it got me wasted combined with the exhaustion from the match. Got something to eat, and then came home where i made myself some (still a bit amazed by this) fries and eggs that i quickly gobbled and went to sleep. It was probably the fact that i didn't wait a bit after eating that it turned into this. Come morning i vomited 2 times (and by this is mean 2 episodes) but i could feel the burn so badly, but i am happy i drank some water realizing that if i left that acid on my throat it could escalate, and while it didn't help completely as i said, i do not have it as bad as you guys. I still got the bloody throat and sense of blood in my mouth but after i woke up i can only say my throat hurts a bit (and can't eat properly which is why i'll make a soup) and i have stomach cramps, but i force-drank water from the start to dilute the acid. Don't plan on taking any medication, hope this helps in the big picture ^^.

Reply

Loading...