I'm so glad to hear other people have this problem. I have a red bump on my panty line and it hurts really bad! I knew it was not an STD or anything becuase I've never had sex. How long do these take to heal?? I'm getting married in a couple months, and I need it to be gone!! how do you treat them??

I have been getting them since I was young and asked my grandmother what it was and she said it was a ingrown hair or two hairs growing in one so she told me to fing the two hair and pluck them out and pus will come out or u can put a hot rag on it for a couple of minutes to an hour and you can bust it or it will pop on it on and just keep taking the white stuff out untill there is no more. and just keep doing that till ther is no more puss

I am having the exact same problem, its a large bump that looks like it started as a cut, and it is under my skin it's about the size of a kidney bean. I am really confused. AND i have never had sex or anything so i know it's not STD. I have a huge fear of hospitals and doctors so i really don't want to tell anyone, i just want to know what it is because it really hurts. I haven't touched it or popped it or anything either. I don't want to make it worse.

ladies all this is, is an ingrown hair or two....when u have a chance either pull the ingrown hair or shave lightly over the bump. i have had what u guys have and if you do as i say it will go away, but they are nothing but ingrown hairs......
NOTE***to avoid getting them often***cut your hair down there very often with small scissors and get the bikini line waxed :-)

For everyone on this post: I have had the same condition before and it is an ingrown hair. I have been to a gyno and she said that because it was in my panty line which rubs back and forth that the bump had become elongated and swollen. Her suggestion was to soak in hot baths a few times a week and not wear panties or tight pants. I took her advice and used a hot compress on the area when I couldn't take a bath and as impractical as it was, I stopped wearing anything tight on the bottom. Within a couple weeks the sore had popped several times and would fill back up and pop again. After it went through its cycle a few times I went back to the doctor who said it was looking good. She also said that because it had gotten so big that a scar pocket had formed and I would be highly suseptable to getting ingrown hairs in the same spot again. She said the only way to not get them is to continue not wearing anything tight down there or to have the scar pocket surgically removed and the skin sewn back up. Basically because there is a pocket it is more likely to fill back up. I am carefull with what I wear and I do not wax or shave down there but I never had the procedure to cut it out. It has been a few years and I haven't had any other problems but I do have a scar where it once was. The hot compresses will bring the puss up to the surface to pop it. You do not want anyone to be around when this happens, the smell is unbelievable. Also keep the area very clean until it goes away. Hope this helps.

I have never even heard of this previous to my getting one. I looked it up online and found this. I have to pop mine with pins. As gross as that is, other wise they hurt too bad. I can't just not shave. I'm distressed.

Those dealing with this disease, there is a chance it may just be an ingrown hair but there is also another chance in which it is not. Research this disease and maybe mention it to your dermatologist. Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I was diagnosed with it right away. My doctor also said that many dermatologists may not know exactly what it is right away, due to its rarity, causing them to just assume that it is something else. The good news is, that this disease is not contagious. The bad news is, there is no definite cure to the disease. Medicines and certain precautions may be taken but nothing can cure it for sure just yet. I'm pretty sure that there new research on this disease has just been updated in early 2008, so google the disease and take a look if interested. Do some research and find out for sure what you may have. This definitely may not be what many of you have but it sounds exactly like the symptoms I had, and I was diagnosed with HS. Keep strong, and God Bless to all.

Those dealing with this disease, there is a chance it may just be an ingrown hair but there is also another chance in which it is not. Research the disease Hidradenitis Suppurativa and maybe mention it to your dermatologist. I was diagnosed with it right away. My doctor also said that many dermatologists may not know exactly what it is right away, due to its rarity, causing them to just assume that it is something else. The good news is, that this disease is not contagious. The bad news is, there is no definite cure to the disease. Medicines and certain precautions may be taken but nothing can cure it for sure just yet. I'm pretty sure that new research on this disease has just been updated in early 2008, so google the disease and take a look if interested. Do some research and find out for sure what you may have. This definitely may not be what many of you have but it sounds exactly like the symptoms I had, and I was diagnosed with HS. Keep strong, and God Bless to all.

Don't be ashamed AT ALL. Every girl - and GUY - goes through things like this.....

Just communicate with your boyfriend, if he is a decent guy, he will be sympathetic and loving and totally take care of you!

Guys have a lot of things, too! (Including ingrown hairs!!)

And a big growth on the outside of their body (well, some bigger than others!!) Ha!

No worries....we're all human and have these things.

i have the SAMMMMEE exact problem . They keep reocurring in the same spots , starting off as nothing gand endingg up to a BIGGG nasty red bump . And it all started 2 occurr after i SHAVEDD! , its really annoying knowing that just as one is goin away another one is just arrivingg .

This problem accurs on many young women annd many middle aged women. It's nothing to stress about. And it is NOT Herpes, or any kind of sexually transmitted disease. It's a bacterial infection that occurs with the kind of underwear the ladies wear, the soap they use, the frequentsy of changed razors. It's just a new routine that you need to make to make the difference. Try using a regular soap instead of using the "pretty" soap, just for that area. I wouldn't recommend going in to spend all that money to get it checked out and have it be nothing, but if this boil bothers you more than a few weeks, you may want to go in. Also, make sure you wash your undergarments seperate from your regular clothes. You may even want to wash your underwear by hand using an anti-bacterial soap. Most soaps are but make sure you have the right kind!
Don't stress out about it either. Just like your face, the rest of your body is impacted by your stress. So illiminate the stressors. Hope this helps! !

This could be something that i have... i get the same sort of cysts down there and on one armpit. its called hidradenitis supperativa. i also looked it up online and freaked out! but when i went to see a dermatologist she said that it is very rare, affecting about 2% of the worlds population, and that i had a mild case. you probably do too.
go see your dermatologist. mine gives me steroid shots that make the bump go away IMMEDIATELY. those shots are a god send. believe me. don't listen to these people that are saying its an ingrown... they don't know. ask your derm. about these steroid shots. i had them once all summer long... 1 year ago. i have been outbreak free from these painful cysts for 1 year now, and i think its from the steroid shots.
CALL YOUR DERMATOLOGIST!

Thanks for the advice all, I have been suffering from these for the last 3-4 years, off and on. It dosen't affect just women so im thinking that hormones are out. Im going to get in touch with a dermatologist in the next few days as to the possibility of hidradenitis supperativa, I'll post an update for those of you that are still suffering.

I have been getting these boils on the inside of my pantyline for about 5 months now. I showed it to my dr twice and was told it wasnt infected so to just let it go away on its own. It takes a long time before they go away and with the first few they never did pop, just vanished after a few weeks. About 5 days ago I notices a new one forming. I now have 2 there and they are the worst ones ever. When I took a bath yesterday some thick green stuff and a bit of blood came out of one but it was only a little bit of what is still in there. Tonight I went to the ER because I was getting scared. They looked infected. Even the red swollenness was speading down my leg and they hurt so bad. The ER tried to numb it so they could lance it and test for MRSA. The numbing med would not work because the infection is so bad so they gave up after a few tries. I was in so much pain. They gave me (2) antibiotics, keflex and something that starts with a d (sulfa med). I am to take them for 10 days (5 pills a day) this is to treat for staph MRSA. They said if I get a fever or am not better in a couple days to come back and they would need to do IV meds. I am gonna give it a couple days wout the antibiotic because the side effects and user reviews sound really bad and I seem to be allergic to a lot of things. This is so frustrating. I hope it goes away for good. Happy New Year everyone.

I too have had something similar. I don't know that it gets quite as big as you guys are talking about, but yeah. On my inner thigh, pretty near the top of my left leg, I'll get a welt/boil/zit/whatever. I usually don't notice it until it's about the size of a marble and I'll let it get a bit bigger before I usually go to pop it. Just as you guys described quite a lot of puss comes out followed by blood. It probably takes at least a full five seconds of continuous squeezing to get all of the puss out. After I pop it, only minutes after, the skin around where the puss was will swell up and I'll have a welt just where it was before, but instead of being puss filled, it's just swelled up skin.

And like one or two others that posted before, I've also got a welt on my buttocks, however that one is so big and so deep that I cannot pop it. I've had one that's been there for over a year on my right cheek, and I've had another that comes and goes at the very top of my butt right in the middle.

Have we decided this is a bacterial infection? What's worked for others? Antibiotics? Neosporin?