I'm not sure if the bathing was the cause of the pimples, I think it was more allergy based as mentioned in an earlier post but I KNOW bathing emphasized it! I occasionally get the odd pimple which I can live with as it seems normal to get the odd one!
But I am wondering what percentage of posters take baths over showers?
Hope this helps someone out there!
All the best... j
From what I've been reading on the Med/Rx sites is that these are actually a little closer to boils - pimples are basically just clogged pores that the body over-reacts to and attacks with white blood cells (pus). Boils are actual bacterial infections in the pores, so the immune response is appropriate. Unfortunately, this response is also painful and gross looking.
The moral here is DO NOT POP YOUR SPOTS! This can cause the infection to spread to other, healthy pores. That would be bad. Try using an antibacterial soap, or lye-based vegetable soap with no coconut oil. I make my own soap, and find that when I'm using the home-made stuff the spots tend to stay away. Avoid coconut oil as this is a harsh oil that both dries your skin while managing to simultaneously clog your pores (its only good point is it makes a really bubbly lather).
Here's my recipe* for soap:
64 oz. Crisco
16 oz. olive oil
30.4 oz. water
10.38 oz. lye
*note all measures (incl h2o) are by weight. Always mix lye into water, not water into lye. Make sure to wear rubber gloves, and always have vinegar nearby for lye spills/cleaning lye utensils.
I got them at the age of 13, reason,i wore briefs, experimented, changed to boxers for 3 months , results changed? no , hence proven that for me, wearing boxers does not increase/decrease them.
Next, switched to 100% cotton boxers, helped? a little , it didnt press against my pimples anymore, but i still had them.
next , mind over body , stopped scratching for 1 week, results > success!
>they decreased by 75% in a week
I still wasn't done experimenting with them so started scratching again, got them back in about 2 weeks of extreme scratching.
used baby powder , results > no help, + gave me a weird feeling when i went to poop
stopped diary for 2 weeks > results no change, helped my internet friend tho, it was a sort of allergic reaction for him.
stopped fast food , results > no change
drank a lot of milk > results , no change
used cream > results success!
i am currently still experimenting with them will let you know once i find more results
Rubbing alcohol cleaning followed by ARRID XX antiperspirant
Do the following twice a day - once after shower and once again at bedtime.
1. Wash pimples with rubbing alcohol (it will feel warm but not hurt)
This is the normal 70% inexpensive rubbing alcohol from any drug store.
2. Dry affected area after a minute or two with hair drier. (Alcohol goes fast)
3. Use stick deodorant with antiperspirant such as ARRID XX on effected area to give 12 hours of dryness. ARRID XX comes in stick but also spray and cream forms.
This should show benefit in 24 hours and will clear up the pimples in a week entirely if you keep your butt dry as recommended. Do this twice per day as I said and it WILL WORK.
The reason it works is by drying out the pimples and preventing new ones
You may have to do this for life if you are very sweaty and sit all the time or sleep on your back.
1.First, I want to teach you that pimples on the buttocks are not the same as acne.
2.Sitting does not necessarily cause or aggravate them as you might think.
3. If this cannot help, you could try applying an antibiotic like Bacitracin in your nostrils every night for a month.
1. True, they are not acne.
2. Its not true, because sitting on hard surface is the main reason of pimples on butt. Even if you sit on your softest chair for long time it will get you pimples. So all of you with pimples, ask yourself how many hours you sit in front of your PC? Try to put another cushion on your seat/chair and you will see the difference but over time even that cushion will be hard surface if you sit for long time. The pimples are stress related and the stress comes out in a form of pimples and on the softest tissue, and the softest skin is butt :). I am sure if we sit on our face then those pimples would've appear on our face but after our face our but has the softest skin. So when stressed the pimple will appear on our butt because we are sitting in a hard surface and this is the reaction of our soft skin with hard surface.
To make it short, just try to get off from the chair, like every 15 min and have a break for 2-3 min, by this you are letting blood circulate freely without having to stop on ur butt who is sitting on hard surface/chair. The chair acts like a big sucker when you are stressed and therefore we have pimples because of that.
3. No need for antibiotic because these pimples will appear all the time, on and off. Are you going to get antibiotic every time you have a pimple?
Once you have a pimple, until it run it course no antibiotic or cream will heal it. Just be patient for 2-3 days and it will fade out(if you are not sitting on hard surface) or 4-5 days if you are working in an office and have to use PC's chair everyday.
Last but not least, try not to be stressed. If only we can control our stress then no need for pimples :)
Best of luck all of you.