You could try not plagiarizing other peoples work.

Ok So I also had this for years!!! It was so depressing! But I stopped bathing and for the last few months have only taken showers! I would bath daily, twice a day! Once taking showers only, everything changed!

I'm not sure if the bathing was the cause of the pimples, I think it was more allergy based as mentioned in an earlier post but I KNOW bathing emphasized it! I occasionally get the odd pimple which I can live with as it seems normal to get the odd one!

But I am wondering what percentage of posters take baths over showers?

Hope this helps someone out there!

All the best... j

From what I've been reading elsewhere, those bumps aren't REALLY pimples, even tho that's what they look like. (I get em too, and hate them SO MUCH)

From what I've been reading on the Med/Rx sites is that these are actually a little closer to boils - pimples are basically just clogged pores that the body over-reacts to and attacks with white blood cells (pus). Boils are actual bacterial infections in the pores, so the immune response is appropriate. Unfortunately, this response is also painful and gross looking.

The moral here is DO NOT POP YOUR SPOTS! This can cause the infection to spread to other, healthy pores. That would be bad. Try using an antibacterial soap, or lye-based vegetable soap with no coconut oil. I make my own soap, and find that when I'm using the home-made stuff the spots tend to stay away. Avoid coconut oil as this is a harsh oil that both dries your skin while managing to simultaneously clog your pores (its only good point is it makes a really bubbly lather).

Here's my recipe* for soap:
64 oz. Crisco
16 oz. olive oil
30.4 oz. water
10.38 oz. lye
*note all measures (incl h2o) are by weight. Always mix lye into water, not water into lye. Make sure to wear rubber gloves, and always have vinegar nearby for lye spills/cleaning lye utensils.

I hear what you're all saying. I'm in my 50's and battle this, too. I also want to warn those of you with deep "sores" to be very careful about picking at them. As a nurse I see so many patients with horrible butt abcesses that need to be surgically opened and drained and then cleaned and packed daily. It's very painful and I've seen grown men cry while it's done. Don't dig at yourself, it's dangerous. Ask your doctors about it. As medical people, a butt's a butt and no big deal. We see all sorts of weird things and this is the least of it. No one is talking about your butt in the hall. Go get medication, as mentioned, to use in your nose. It's often staph aureus and that treats it well. Good luck.

listen, ive had the same problem too... for a few years i just kept wishing they would go away and didnt.. my answer that works= PRO ACTIVE! i promise you. i actually love to feel my smooth butt with NO acne or scabs. just smooth like a babys bottom. my routine that thankfully worked was... everyDAY..in the shower use a glove sponge, use dove liquid soap for about 2 minutes or medium pressure scrubbing.. then after u shower.. put on about a dime to a quarter size of the proactive cleanser [which is basically all benzoyl perxoide which kills all acne] and let it DRY on your butt.. dont wash it off..every day.. for about a few weeks to a month.. and you will see amazing results... the only thing that sucks is the few left over scars but tanning bed for now can cover that and with time the scars will fade, but as long as my butt feels smooth.. i can manage to wait for the scars to fade. hope this helps =]

yes, I've had them too and i decided to do a bit of testing with them, this is currently all the information that i have gathered : -
I got them at the age of 13, reason,i wore briefs, experimented, changed to boxers for 3 months , results changed? no , hence proven that for me, wearing boxers does not increase/decrease them.
Next, switched to 100% cotton boxers, helped? a little , it didnt press against my pimples anymore, but i still had them.
next , mind over body , stopped scratching for 1 week, results > success!
>they decreased by 75% in a week
I still wasn't done experimenting with them so started scratching again, got them back in about 2 weeks of extreme scratching.
used baby powder , results > no help, + gave me a weird feeling when i went to poop
stopped diary for 2 weeks > results no change, helped my internet friend tho, it was a sort of allergic reaction for him.
stopped fast food , results > no change
drank a lot of milk > results , no change
used cream > results success!

i am currently still experimenting with them will let you know once i find more results

Tonight, after many years, I've had the nerve to even admit to ANYONE about my butt acne. I won't let my fiance look at my butt...although I'm sure he has a clue, and when he rubs my butt, I know that he feels the cyst-like bumps there...and then it turns me off because I feel so unattractive. Although my butt shows nice in jeans/pants, I dread a bathing suit because I'm afraid of what it will show. I wash everyday, scrubbing my behind the most. I will try some of these suggestions, but I don't know if I can bring myself to go to a dermatologist to look at my BUTT. My face, shoulders, and back are clear. BUTT (ha, ha), I am finding that it is spreading to my outer upper thighs. Could it be the poly-cotton blended pants that I wear without underwear??? I detest underwear BUTT wash my pants and my butt daily. Now I am wearing underwear because my jeans split in public the other day. WHAT A PHOBIA THAT CAUSED! I have been considering having the old scars removed by laser BUTT I'm afraid to ask a doctor do it out of shame. I am glad I am not the only one. I've been battling this for a good 15 years now. I need a solution. I need an answer. I need some balls to admit to a doctor that I have this problem. I also am diagnosed with genital herpes. Could there be a connection?

Well this guy or girl might be up to something, i have the same problem, and i smelled my ass crack once, and the next day my upper lip had a cold sore, aha, i must have harpies of the buttocks.

i had this problem for about 6 months. they were deep bumps and i attacked them and squeezed them but it just made them worse, bleed, really hurt and then scab. i got rid of them when i started having a hot bath every night and use a exfoliant scrub on them. towel dry it. dont touch or pick at them and youll see it eventually goes away. also sunbaking did it for me. sunbaked in a g string outside and since ive been doing that they have never come back. the sunlight dries out the pimples so they clear up. best advice is to not pick them or touch them it was just aggrivate them and spread. apparently the cause can be from not washing yourself properly, if your hairy, or i tend to find if your sitting on your ass for too long cause it cant breathe. also sweating plays a big role. usually in the heat youll find they are worse. i occasionally still get a pimple or two there but none of those deep big blind pimple ones. just tiny ones an di usually find its from sittng on my ass for too long haha. i just wash it with soap and it goess.. also i wear a g string to bed. i find when you wear normal undies i get a pimple or two. let your ass breathe and let it get sunlight! it works trust me. im 18 now and it feels good to not have that problem now :-) after the pimples scabbed i got a lot of scarring, and it looked awffullll they were darker sort of spot dot type things everywhere. but i just put vitamin e cream or cocoa butter on it frequently or BIO OIL which gets rid of scars and stretch marks or makes them fade. and i just tanned my ass a lot and now i dont have one scar and its as clear as a baby :-) haha. hope this helped!

OK, here is what helped me.

Rubbing alcohol cleaning followed by ARRID XX antiperspirant

Do the following twice a day - once after shower and once again at bedtime.
1. Wash pimples with rubbing alcohol (it will feel warm but not hurt)
This is the normal 70% inexpensive rubbing alcohol from any drug store.

2. Dry affected area after a minute or two with hair drier. (Alcohol goes fast)

3. Use stick deodorant with antiperspirant such as ARRID XX on effected area to give 12 hours of dryness. ARRID XX comes in stick but also spray and cream forms.

This should show benefit in 24 hours and will clear up the pimples in a week entirely if you keep your butt dry as recommended. Do this twice per day as I said and it WILL WORK.

The reason it works is by drying out the pimples and preventing new ones

You may have to do this for life if you are very sweaty and sit all the time or sleep on your back.

What you all are experiencing is symptoms of dietary problems. You are drinking too much coca cola (or whatever). Trust me, try it.

What you are seeing is the symptoms of a diet that consists of too much carbonated beverages. Stop drinking so much coca cola.

What you are seeing is the symptoms of a diet that consists of too much soda. You really cant even drink one a day but Im guessing alot of you are drinking 2 + a day. Try going two weeks without a drink.

THis is not true. I have the same problem and I havent drink soda in over 2yrs

Quote:

tallent wrote:

1.First, I want to teach you that pimples on the buttocks are not the same as acne.
2.Sitting does not necessarily cause or aggravate them as you might think.
3. If this cannot help, you could try applying an antibiotic like Bacitracin in your nostrils every night for a month.

1. True, they are not acne.
2. Its not true, because sitting on hard surface is the main reason of pimples on butt. Even if you sit on your softest chair for long time it will get you pimples. So all of you with pimples, ask yourself how many hours you sit in front of your PC? Try to put another cushion on your seat/chair and you will see the difference but over time even that cushion will be hard surface if you sit for long time. The pimples are stress related and the stress comes out in a form of pimples and on the softest tissue, and the softest skin is butt :). I am sure if we sit on our face then those pimples would've appear on our face but after our face our but has the softest skin. So when stressed the pimple will appear on our butt because we are sitting in a hard surface and this is the reaction of our soft skin with hard surface.
To make it short, just try to get off from the chair, like every 15 min and have a break for 2-3 min, by this you are letting blood circulate freely without having to stop on ur butt who is sitting on hard surface/chair. The chair acts like a big sucker when you are stressed and therefore we have pimples because of that.
3. No need for antibiotic because these pimples will appear all the time, on and off. Are you going to get antibiotic every time you have a pimple?
Once you have a pimple, until it run it course no antibiotic or cream will heal it. Just be patient for 2-3 days and it will fade out(if you are not sitting on hard surface) or 4-5 days if you are working in an office and have to use PC's chair everyday.

Last but not least, try not to be stressed. If only we can control our stress then no need for pimples :)

Best of luck all of you.