Ive been getting these friction boils monthly for about 15 years. Im 90% sure that it is from friction on the skin of my ass, whether it be from sitting on it, or any type of extended friction. Get off your ass and they wont appear. I also need to practice what I preach here. It is just hard when I love the internet/gaming and I am very tall and prefer to sit when i do most other things.

I have a same problem,where i get these boil like pimples on my bum,under my breast and both arms aswell as inbetween my legs and they leave the most horrible scares that made me feel so depress. Finally after 7yrs of getting this I went to see a dermatologist regarding this has the GP was not much help. When i went to see the dermatologist and he said he thinks is staphlococcus and but me on a treatment where i had to change my bedding every other day, wash in hibi scrub twice a week and when wearing jeans i should wear it only once and then wash it, and was also on some tablets after doing that for a year there was no improvement.

I then went to see a microbiologist, and finally saw a light at the end of it, bascily what it is he said it's not staphlococcus and he thinks its got to do with me having polyestic ovary syndrome and the oils my body produces. He recommed that i, go back to my gyneacologist so that he can change my medication, and the go and see a endocrinologist to do some hermon test.

This is need cause seeing that i have polystic ovary syndrome this my cause problems in me one day having children.

So fingers cross when i go to my appointment with the endocrinologist.

I have had this problem for years also. I have come to realize that I get them right before my period. I don't have acne anywhere else and they tend to be gone around my period being over. Anyone else have the same kind of timing? I do the rubbing alcohol and peroxide but it doesn't prevent them or make the pain any less when they are the size of a quarter but it helps dry it out a little faster. I use the rubbing alcohol after I go to the bathroom every time during the week that I have them. I get them sometimes through out the rest of the month but never as bad as my pre period ones.
I have noticed that it seems more dominate in women maybe something that happens after puberty???

go see a dermatologist!!!!

i have this same problem and have one as i type, it is so painful to sit at the moment and it sucks as i am going on holidays next week and i really dont want it to be there!! :-(

i had dis probm since i was 12 yrs ol n i was deeply embarrassed by it..i used to put local acne cream secretly bt it nvr did any gud..i usd to get large bolis n dey wer so painful dat it bought tears to my eyes wenever i sat..sometimes dey ruptured leaving open wounds dat wer extremely painful..i used to cry 4 hours coz i cudn do nethin bout it..once wen i was sleeping,my skirt went up n my mom saw my butt..she tuk me to a dermatologist..n from der began d marathon..umpteen no of docs ,cartload of medicines,udr forms of tretment udr dan allopathy..nuthin helped..nuthin..i had severe dark scars..n emotionally deprssd..to outsiders i ws dis fair,beautiful girl wit not even a single pimple on my face..my frnds used to b jealous coz of dat..but only i knew hw ugly i was..hw ugly my body was..i nvr wantd to get married even nor hav any boyfrnds..finally i went to this doc who gave me a comb of oral n topical retinoids..n dats wen it started gettin better..mor dan d oral ones,d topical one named retino A, was d one dat helped to get my life back..retino A cream based while retino AC is gel based..try d 2nd one..it has helped me a real real real lot aftr around 12 ys of trying all d possible medicines in dis world..pls donot use ne kind of oils..its only gonna make things work..maintain hygiene..n wear only light colored cotton underwear..try dis n get mental peace..coz i knw hw traumatic it was 4 me.

I only have this problem durring the really hot and humid summers. But this year I think I finally figured it out. It's obviously sweat that's causing mine so I decided one day to try my antiperspirant deodorant on my bum. I use Arm & Hammer ultra max. It worked wonderfully! Figure the whole point of deodorant is to keep your under arms dry and that's what I needed on my bum. Some people may have other actual like acne or other things wrong, but my bumps or 'pimples' were just basically sweat zits. Hopefully it will help you out too.

I get them occasionally. They were gone most of the time, but when the summer came, they came back like wildfire. I have really dry skin all over my body, except for my bum. And although I love the fact that I don't ever get pimples on my face, I hate the fact that they are all over my bum. It doesn't have to do with a bacterial infection, but when I was younger I had them and freaked out. The doctor told me I had Infected Hair Folicles. I got them on my legs and on my bum. They aren't on my legs anymore, but still on my bum during the summer. It's embarrassing because I am always afraid that my boyfriend will feel them and freak out. But, if he really loves me, he will realize that it's just the fact that I have a sweaty bum. And sweaty bums are disgusting :-) But, Bumne (Acne and Bum put together) is painful and should not be existing on this planet. The world would be a better place. Down with Bumne! :-)

I have this problem too, obviously. The thing about it is, when I use the tanning salon (mostly during summer months), my rear acne goes away. It seems to "dry up". But, when fall comes around, I stop tanning and my acne reappears.

I recently noticed red bumps on my bum. Some were small and faded looking, some were whiteheads, others were red and painful. It freaked me out! I used this site and some of the suggestions and by golly it worked. Here's what I did. I bought Neutrogena deep cleansing body wash and a loofa, Purell antibacterial sanitizer, and rubbing alcohol. Every day when I'm in the shower, I suds up the loofa with the body wash and scrub the area thoroughly, let it soak for a few minutes, rinse and repeat. When I get out of the shower I pat dry and put rubbing alcohol on the entire area. When that dries I follow up with the Purell. Also, a few times a day I put the Purell on.

Two weeks have passed and I've got only two red spots left!! I actually noticed a difference after the first few days! Thanks to everyone for posting solutions to random problems like this. It has helped me greatly!!!

Hello Everyone... i am a doctor.. i am doing postgraduation in surgery.. These pimples on butt are not GENETIC... they are just because of your lifestyles... they are due to lots of causes like sitting for long durations as in office jobs... and if you have a relatively big butt you sweat.. and sweat causes irritation leading to formation of pimples... hot dry climate... eating lots of cholesterol food... and my advice is that use an topical antibacterial... with a moisturiser in hot climates... a simple advice to long time sitting people.. just GET UP AND TAKE A GLASS OF WATER OR CUP TEA OR COFFEE.. by doing this it will not only remove strain and sweat from butt but also from your body... like if you move away from your desk your eyes will be relieved, your posture will be corrected.. and many other.. try to reduce your butt by brisk walking and avoid fatty foods... these days fatty foods cause lots of other serious disorders than these minor pimples... you could also use maderma like products ... they help to remove the scar marks and help to proliferate new skin... and if your scars are removed then your butt will be beautiful... you will gain self confidence while going naked... and one last thing.. we doctors see these kinds of things daily infact every minute if you go to a dermatologist.. these things are nothing to the things we see and handle and manage... so dont be afraid to consult a doctor.. dont hesitate... sometimes it could save you from many similar infections...

if you liked what i said please comment on it..

Not to undermine anybody's logic here, but we all sit a relatively frequent amount of time every day. Getting up to do a 2 min task every so often doesn't seem like it'll perform any miracles. I'll definitely try it out, but if anybody has found a good cream, or an ingredient that either helps, or is detrimental and good to stay away from, please let me know.

My question also is, if we all sweat in that area, and we all sit a lot, and our diets all suck, why is it not as prevalent as for example, acne? Why doesn't a vast majority suffer from this issue?

Tea tree oil has healed many of my skin problems, particularly an episode of extremely severe eczema on my hands that doctors couldn't treat. I use it for everything, for scalp health, insect bites, athlete's foot, you name it-- and it has worked wonders.

I have also been a lifelong sufferer of bum pimples. For some reason the tea tree oil is more or less ineffective with this problem, and I'm not sure why. I apply it in large quantities (I rather enjoy the smell) and have yet to notice any improvement.

Over time, however, I've started to recognize patterns of "breakouts" on my bum and I've come to the sad conclusion that it may just be hormone related. I suspect this is probably the case for many people, particularly women, as I've noticed from previous posts that a lot of users report onset of bum pimples around adolescence.

I'm not saying it's untreatable, even if it is genetic, but I'm still searching for the solution.

what i do to clear this things out is apple cider vinager and i wear 100% cotton underwear and drink alot of water i have also change my diet. this method is really helping me.

You need to be shot...

You may very well be trying to help but your word context sucks beyond belief and you're probably doing a damn good job of freaking people out. Not 'nearly everyone' has herpes and I am DAMN sure I don't.