if i sit on my computer and play video games all night long, or do assignments all night long (anything that involves long hours sitting)

i get sweat pimples on my ass

to solve this i often sit naked because then at least it lets a little air in there, i also try to stand up and walk around every hour or so!

that fixes it

you can try Penaten cream. The active ingredient is zinc oxide.

Hi everyone,

I have had pimples on my butt since I was like 12 years old.  I went to two different dermatologists about it.  The first one prescribed me with both an oral and topical antibiotic because he said they were caused by staphlococcus infection, but I was allergic to the antibiotic so I stopped taking it.  The second dermatologist really helped me though.  He told me that I have a condition- I forget the name- where your upper arms and legs as well as butt don't have much hair and don't produce much oil so they aren't protected from bacteria and tend to get bumps/pimples.  IF YOU HAVE THIS CONDITION- light hair on upper arms and butt, maybe small bumps on upper arm, as well as pimples on your butt, it could be this condition. 

The BEST THING TO DO is DO NOT SCRUB, do not put on alcohol, or any other abrasive treatment that you read about.  DO NOT USE hot water in the shower.  The goal is to AVOID CLEANING THE BUTT EXCEPT WITH WARM WATER, NO SPONGE AND NO EXFOLIATING, as you already don't have enough natural oils and hair to protect the skin there.  Use only warm water, do not scrub the area, and wear cotton underwear during the day/no underwear at night to let the area breathe.  I swear if you do this over a few months, your condition will get MUCH better.  Best of luck.

i am 15 i have what it seems to be bum ache, i cant get rid of it. any help? 

Hi to all you poor things with butt pimples

I had the condition for over 30 years on and off. You try something new and it improves and then it comes back with a vengeance. My latest treatment seems to have done the trick as it has not come back for over 18 months. You know the 'alcohol gel' that everybody is using nowadays to steralize there hands. Usually found at doctors surgeries and hospitals. Yes, you know the stuff. "Kills 99.9% of all bacteria". Buy a couple of bottles and carry one with you all the time. Rub some onto your butt cheeks, morning, noon and at night. Your ass will have cleared up within 2 weeks. The idea is to create a sterile environment in an area that is allways usually moist and unhygenic.  Also try reducing your dairy intake, especially full fat yoghurts and cheeses. This same alcohol rub is brilliant for rubbing into your face after a shave. It will prevent rashes and pimples forming from blade scars and burning etc.

Please let me know how you get on

I've had them for while now. I don't know what I did that it kind of disaperd. I get them from time to time now. Yesterday I got one and was really big and painful. When I got out of shower I soaked cloth in alcohol and placed on pimple for apox 30 sec. I woke this morning to find that it was gone. It's not a remedy but at lest a temporary fix Good luck to all. And may the pain disappear JUST SMILE.

andrewstephen wrote:

butt pimples hurt very much , espicially when my lover(s) grab my butt. i know it sounds crazy but if you have a pet of a gerbil,rat,hamster, guinia pig and you let them just lay there for awhile , they lick the butt pimples and it releives them very quick :) this is a techinique i used in college , it worked amazing

dude do you stick them up your ass after? seriously what were you doing to figure that out

I too have rough skin and one to two raging bumps on my derriere on good days.  Before going to extremes, try this.  Use Desitin, yes, diaper rash cream.  over night the soreness of the pimple/boil will be 90% gone!  Keep using it, it will heal with in a couple of days, lessening the chance of scaring.  Also, your toosh will feel as smooth as a baby's bottom!  NO JOKE!

hey, i've had this problem for quite a few years, now i'm 16 and i'd rather not have weird spots on my ass when a girl sees it, she'll probably puke -_- anyway yeah, basically i have a load of spots, some on the surface and some seem deeper. however the really concerning thing is the purple ones. yes purple. its f*****g weird i know. anyway, i wash regularly and my dairy intake isn't the problem, i don't even like cheese. i've tried several different treatments for spots, none of them have made the slightest difference to either set of spots. i do spend a lot of time sat down, at school and at home, i don't have much of a social life, although i am planning on starting to work out at some point, not that i'm overweight, i'm just not fit. the spots don't really hurt much, but i can't stand them anymore, they look disgusting. please help.

First a warning. There are many potential treatments and prevention in my reply. Do not try all of them at the same time! You could make things worse and it will be impossible to know which tip actually produced results (good or bad)!!

Here are a few remedies. Wash with products that contain salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is essentially aspirin. It works by killing bacteria on the skin and as comedolytic agent by causing the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth.

As always try not to touch, pick, poke, or scratch these bumps. Before considering popping them, wash hands, try wearing medical gloves, have a gentle cleanser like Cytofel around and wash the affected area with it. Go to a dermatologist or cosmetologist for advice. If you have a bad "volcano" a doctor can drain it. Getting a "back facial" can include the buttocks and a trained cosmetologist can "express" blackheads, white heads and some cysts.

If this is actually folliculitis (anything ending in "itis" means swelling or inflammation), caused by irritation of hair follicles then you could try removing the hair and wearing clothes than don't irritate the skin. I would avoid shaving, which can cause ingrown hairs, and leaves stubble that's not attractive and can itch. Waxing removes some layers of dead skin and leaves the area smooth. With no hair to trap oils, dirt, and bacteria you may see a reduction of break outs. You can also look into laser hair removal. (This is mainly a problem in males as the nearly invisible fine hair on female buttocks rarely becomes ingrown or infected.)

You can by little round pads soaked in salicylic acid where acne treatments are sold. You can also find in in liquid cleansers. Use a formula for the body as the concentration is stronger.

Expose the area to sun or UV light (such as a tanning bed). Tanning for appearance can cause skin damage, but short duration kills bacteria and helps the skin heal. If you can wear a thong and find a private area to sun it helps and can also be relaxing.

Avoid food that contribute to inflammation. Inflammation (swelling) traps sebum and perspiration by squeezing nearby pores causing them to get clogged. Eat foods that are natural anti inflammatory in nature. Avoid sugar, white starches, trans fats, dairy, MSG. (Inflammation can lead to cancer. Repeated burns (think sunburn), scorching the lungs by smoking creates inflammation and damages cell production found in tumors and lesions.) Interesting finding, sugars cause collagen to become brittle, leading to premature aging since collagen is important for soft, pliable skin. Sugar = zits and wrinkles!!!

(Side Note:) Sugar causes serious inflammation, causing liver and kidney damage equal or greater than alcohol! HFCS high fructose corn syrup and other processed sugars cause cirrhosis of the liver as severe as alcohol. Disease associated with inflammation include diabetes, cancer, arthritis (inflamed joints), cirrhosis , and Alzheimer's!.

Use extra virgin coconut oil. (Not to be confused with cocoa butter!!) EVCO is a natural lipid, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal with many additional benefits. It's close to the natural oils in the skins mantle. The mantle is often washed away by harsh cleansers, leading to the loss of the protection from bacteria, pollution, and irritants the mantle was designed to prevent. Not to mention the mantle helps maintain moisture and keep skin soft and pliable. Apply the coconut oil to the skin. I found it helps soften the callus on top of these blemishes (exfoliation) that encourages healing. EVCO is also a natural sunblock to a certain degree.

Take an anti-inflammatory , which each the swelling and tenderness. In fact you can make a body scrub from crushed coated aspirin (think salicylic acid!) and honey (also anti-inflammatory), with table sugar which contains AHA or alpha hydroxy acid. Mix crushed aspirin and sugar with olive oil and a touch of honey. Use in the shower as a scrub. You will have amazingly soft beautiful skin.

Massage, massage, massage. Massaging the area increases blood flow and helps bring oxygen and internal nutrients to your skin, speeding healing and cell turn over. You can buy a good massage tool like the Hitachi wand. Sitting on a novelty "massage chair pad" wont really move the circulation. You want to really concentrate the vibration.

You can apply something called Tigerbalm to the cysts. You can find it in asian food markets and pharmacies (near the pain relievers). I love this stuff. It has a strong menthol scent and you can really feel it on the skin. It also contains salicylic acid. I put it on pimples when they are just a little bump on the skin. It really stops the swelling. I've stopped many pimples from forming by putting a small dab on the area with a cotton swab. I sometimes put a bandaid over the TIgerbalm to keep it from rubbing off. It's think yellow and kind of waxy. DO NOT get this on your fingers and touch your eyes or other sensitive areas! (Bonus it instantly stops itching from bug bites and keeps bugs away!)

Tea Tree oil can be a big help, as can lavender. Tea tree is a potent antibacterial and anti-fungal. I've used it for treating and preventing dandruff and in shampoo, conditioner and body wash it's wonderfully minty and tingly. It's great for acne. I don't use the full strength oil on my face, but dabbing it on pimples anywhere on the body seems fine.

Heat, sitting in an herbal bath can help heal and prevent cysts. Hot tubs or baths can help, but chlorine can really dry skin, hot hot water strips oils from the skin so be sure to use a good moisturizer (say the coconut oil) while skin is still wet. I find the jets in the hot tub are the perfect way to massage the area. (You may look silly depending on where the jets are in the spa!)

You can also use ice, which we all know reduces swelling, Alternating heat and ice is a great way to stop pain. The heat brings blood to the surface of the skin, the ice contracts blood vessels. It's kind of a way to pump fluids by opening and shrinking the blood vessels in the skin.

See a dermatologist. There's some great medications that really speed results. You can learn how to properly "pop" the zits. You'll learn which ones to drain and what to leave alone. As you know if you pick you can really cause scars and dark discolorations.

Scars: You can find lightning creams that fade out those blemishes left after the cyst is gone. Safe for all skin types it also fades sun spots and even freckles. Dabbing honey on as healing begins can really improve and reduce scarring. There's many "skin brighteners" sold over the counter that even skin tone, which is marketing talk for acne scars and age spots.

I was SO afraid I was alone on this. I have the exact same problem, I've had it since I was about 13, a little after hitting puberty. I NEVER had acne on my face or body, only these boils on my bum. I've been in 2 very serious relationships, and me feeling self conscious about these has taken a toll on my sex life. I feel gross when me and my husband engage in sex, I feel ashamed and have tried TONS of treatments. I'll try whats recommended on here, and HOPE that it works so I can finally show it off for once. I've spent nights crying over it because I can't stand to look at my own bum, so how could my husband? 

I have the same thing, I had sex with my boyfriend months ago and then these red-hot boils pop up in a day or two on my butt. Then last Monday we had  unprotected sex because we are now engaged and plan on children, he said we should stop he freaked out because of those darn pimples!!! But hey we tried again and guess what the stick turned blue!!! But don't know what to do about those pimples.

Hey i have the sane problem. Have u found a solution yet?

I've had this problem a while now, and recently discovered--by googling--that I am allergic to toilet papers that are processed with chlorine. I'm 51, and the toilet-paper problem started when I switched to Charmin, almost 3 years ago. Now that I know tp is one problem, I'm starting to think chlorine may be causing my bumps. At home I changed to less-soft tp and it has helped a lot, but in public and at work I'm stuck with what's available, so even the mostly anal itching isn't completely gone. Today I bought some tp that says it's not processed with chlorine, and I'll see if that also eliminates the butt pimples. Sorry if I draw too clear a picture here, but I hold the tp with my left hand, and my pimple condition is mostly on the left and very close to where I wipe, which is why I'm starting to think it's the tp.

I'm also going to try rubbing alcohol, and google making my own salicylic acid potion from aspirin, before I buy any products.

Hey could you please check and let me know the name of the medication you took cause it's really urgent since I will start with my modelling assignments in about 4 months and I am dealing with the same problem.It's really urgent,