It may help to avoid all dairy products (that includes chocolate unfortunately), and also bananas, as these cause mucus production.

I'LL keep this simple. In addition to allergy meds, nasal washing, apple cider vinegar(look it up), Cepacol dual relief spray as deep down your throat has been the only way i've found to remove that constant "lump" in my throat. Spray it 2 or 3 times and wait. The foul taste of all that mucus build up will slowly work its way up your throat and into your mouth. Work it into your routine maybe before you brush your teeth. Use it thoughout the day too. Hope it helps!

Also check into sipping small amounts of food grade peroxide and water. I did this for 3 days and that mucus lump is gone. I dont know if mucus from pnd, or worse, sinus infections was pooling in my throat but the peroxide/water mix followed by a teaspoon full of organic apple cider as a chaser did the trick. I still treat my allergies and have a runny nose but the mucus isnt giving me horrible feeback anymore. Mucinex helps also. Good Luck-

I had chronic cough and when had x-ray done
was sent to pulmonary doctor. After given
steroid one week x-ray was clear. Following
pulmonary breath test I developed chronic
mucus for over 2 years. Switched to chaga
mushroom which is best inflammitory herb
that you can use. Do not need steroid now
but mucus has continued. I believe mine is
chemical related but have not isolated the
chemical. Also wonder if there is a connection
between the mucus and the breath testing
machine. Was there a possible exposure to
virus? The chaga from was a
Godsend and helped breathing but mucus
keeps recurring.

I got one word for everybody here .... MOLD.

I have had this problem for a very long time , I always wake up to spit a huge amount of clear colored mucus and saliva . Out of nowhere i feel the need clear out the mucus. It is really never any color just clear , I can sometimes make a sound with it using the back of my nasal ? By reverse sound of snorting , If that makes any sense at all.

Problem is i also have Asthma which comes when i am sick .

I do not get sore throats but always have to spit , after i eat at restaurants i have to spit out all the mucus once again .... It is driving me wild and im starting to get scared thinking this could be cause by some other disease.

When i open my mouth and look at the back of my throat i see white clear sticky mucus which i try to remove with a Q-tip ...

It sometimes very very very sticky and thick , other times thin and sticky ....

Why do we get this and is ASTHMA attributed to Post Nasal drip ???

I been spitting for years now and i am sick of it ...

The last post is what i have ....

WTF IS IT ????

I've had post nasal drip for many years. It's worse in spring. I was ok for 7 or 8 years with no symptons. Then I had responsibilities and it started again. Avoid worry, probems with spouse or work stress. Avoid emotional problems. Do Kundalini yoga and vipssana meditation.
try homeopathy: staphylococinum, Streptococinum, pollens. Become a vegetarian (vegan) because acid food is very bad. Hope it works.

Bananas make mucus, I have stopped eating them and I don't have mucus problems now.

move to china where hacking up a wad of mucous is as commonplace as an under aged child making shoes for 25 dollars a month (joking about that second part)

for yall that feel "depressed to the point of suicidal" JUST from this, I don't feel yall at all

I've recently developed this conditon (here in china)

I think it's the dirrrttyy ass air (filled with dust and other chemicals) and the excessive smoking of cigarettes,

but luckily for me I can hack a spit into my desk trashcan w/o anyone passing any judgment

but when I go back to the states I seriously have to figure out a solution to this problem, cuz judgment will be passed like god on my death day ya huurrddd

I get the mucus in the back of my throat and the constant swallowing makes me feel sick to my stomach and causes panic attack's when I lay down at night to go to sleep. Luckily I gave figured out what causes it and if I stick to my healthy eating regime I don't have a problem. Food allergies or sensitivities are the culprits. Wheat, especially white bread products and white sugar, and dairy/ ice cream are the main ones for me. Drinking lots of purified water (reverse osmosis and gargling with sea salt and warm water helps), also 3 -5 drops of pure oregano oil under the tongue then swallow will help to break it up . (Health food stores)
Get on a healthy whole foods diet and stay away from refined sugars. breads, pasta and pastries, focus on fresh fruits, vegetables, and eat gluten free grains and raw organic dairy products. I hope this info will help those of you who are at your rope's end.

I'm glad I found this website! I have had this for about 5 years now, and it's so frustrating. It started after a cold, and has only gotten worse. A few things that may contribute though are that I'm a smoker, and have been for 4 years, and that I have a job where I talk all day. I find it gets worse at night, when I get worked up about something (even if just in thought), when laying down, or when talking. I find, if I'm sitting up, not neccesarily at 90 degrees, but with my head elevated, and not talking and relaxed, then I don't have any issues. However this doesn't help if I try to do any activities, or if I'm trying to talk. I have health insurance, but of course, as soon as you tell a doctor you smoke they dismiss it to that, even though my friends smoke way more then me and have done so for way longer than me.

If I figure this out (or a doctor does -yeah right) then I will post the results, and know that I am trying, it really sucks and is disruptive to life. Likewise, if anyone else finds anything out, let us all know, Im sure we'd all appreciate it.

Quote:

" I have one word for everyone here MOLD:

I live in Arizona, in abrand new house, there is no mold here. Further more, I've lived in Arizona for 8 years, in 4 different houses, so if it were mold from a house, it should have cleared. THe first hosue I lvied in was my parents house, which had just finished construction months prior, and the next 2 were apartments, this final one is my house and it was built 4 years ago, again, in the desert of Arizona. Theres no darkness, no moisture. I wish it were mold, that would be easy to resolve.

I have the same mucous problem as many on this board. I find that it gets worse when I gain weight. I have GERD, but had it years before this problem started. At night, I have mild apnea, but not sure if its the mucouse, but it may be related.

When I lose weight, the apnea goes away and my throat clearing reduces(not goes away completely though). I think its the fact that when I gain weight, my neck gets more fat on it and my throught becomes more constricted.

Thoughts?

a.

hi, i too have had this problem with mucous. I don't know if it is geographical or regional. when i am on the east coast nothing. midwest i can feel the mucous constricting my breathing, and when i get to the high desert of california there it is again. Also it is worst in the late summer. my eye doctor suggested that I just start drinking 3 tsp of braggs apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water 3 times a day.(you get use to the taste), really not so bad. and I use solution of 4 tsp of braggs(without the sediment in the bottom of bottle) in eye dropper to flush out nose. If it stings when you use solution dilute more. I can now breathe with out coughing up mucous. much better now. i will stick with it for awhile.