That is interesting medication affects everyone differently. I got on some anti depressants last year I think Abilify and it made me even very outspoken and flare up. I liked being very direct but it raised my blood pressure too much so I got off it. Whereas Zoloft just gives me confidence and makes me impersonal.

Yaay. I agree do not ban weed. It is like a super veggie. There is information that this blessed plant puts types of skin cancer into remission and helps heart diseases esp the form of hemp oil. Gotta go the extra mile for Mary Jane : ) I think it is hilarious that there is a MA. Too bad anti drug folks aren't as aggressive against meth and heroine.

Hmm I take a stimulant with marijuana that's for my ADD. But the only time I ever had paranoia was due to the stimulant and never with marijuana. When I smoke weed I'm like a butterfly happy the whole world is mine. I become everything I imagine I am. I either watch a movie or sing. The paranoia was caused by the stimulant medication which I had to use because weed will make me fall asleep. Also nobody has ever died from marijuana use unlike RX meds. I always remember that.

I was just put on 50mg zoloft last week. This page really bums me out because i use to smoke weed everyday. But. It could have been the weed that was my problem in the first place.

different types of weed have different affects

as the cbd and thc levels are different i have used Zoloft and pot with no adverse effect for many sativa types and sativa dominate hybreds

strong indicas can cause more paranoia but very strong sativa ie 15-20%thc count can cause severe depression when mixed with zoloft

but remain calm and eat some food and drink some oj and it will go away.

-peace

I have been on Zoloft for about 10 months. I first smoked weed about 6 months ago, and I now smoke daily. My first 1-2 times smoking were scary, I was on edge, didn't really know how to handle the high. Once I was able to tap in to it, and understand how it makes me feel, I was much more inclined to smoke weed often. It is all about mindset really. It doesn't matter if it's sativa or indica or hybrid, I have not had a 'bad' high since my first trial runs. I can't even phathom a 'bad' high anymore; it's always good, its always relaxing(indica) or always mind opening(sativa). Never 'bad.'

Your mindset is the key. One of the comments on the first page about a girl being afraid her boyfriend had laced the weed with date rape drug... I don't even know if that is possible, first of all lol. Ingesting a date rape drug? Sure. Smoking it? I just don't see that working lol. But anyways, I am just referrencing her comment because that kind of irrational paranoia is unhealthy for marijuana use... I was given Zoloft for anxiety, so I can relate to those crazy thoughts, I suppose. 

TL;DR - I dismiss all comments saying 'DONT DU IT I had a baad trip.' Come on. No such thing as a bad Cannabis high, just inexperienced users :)

Whoever was rushed to the hospital .. Had nothing to do with weed. I m on 200mg Zoloft a day and smoke about 1-3 times a week and when I do I smoke a lot. It does nothing besides the normal weed high.

You're retarded for telling just anybody that they can take adderal to focus on school. It only works for people who have a legitimate ADD disorder, people who do not, react the exact opposite and causes them to speed. Also, adderal only works for as long as you take it, once you are off adderal your symptoms either go back to normal or worsen and the only way to cope is to increase the strength of your prescription....everyone please ignore this jack ass.

All of you are dumb. Very, very dumb. I have been taking 100mg of sertraline daily for 3 months now and I smoke weed at least a couple times a week, and I'm talking about several bowls or a couple blunts or joints each time I smoke. There is absolutely no adverse affect from doing both of these. However sertraline is not a recreational drug. You can't just take it and feel the effects. It takes at least 2 weeks to start taking effect in your body.

I had the same reaction the first time I smoked. Horrible panic and nauseous. Does not work well for me. Everyone is diffrent. I dito the Please be careful!

Marijuana can either send people on "bad trips" or it can calm them down.

There will always be an increase in heart rate with marijuana, and your thinking patterns will change drastically.

If you are prone to bad experiences with Marijuana, then don't take it!

If you are fine with marijuana, it shouldn't adversely effect your medication.

No reaction for me.

ive been on zoloft for about a month now; before i started taking zoloft i was smoking weed everyday multiple times a day, (im considered a "pot head") and after starting to take it continuing to smoke everyday, multiple times a day with no negative effects. but at the beginning of my medication i got frequent headaches but that was a result of the side effects of the medication. 

I have smoked for about 11 years or so now... and I just recently started taking zoloft. In the past year my anxiety had pretty much taken over my life, my doctor prescribed me zoloft about a month ago now and it seems like it might be doing the trick. Although last night I had been drinking a little bit and then smoked some really dank buds. I has the most incredible panic attack that I've experienced yet. The only panic attack that I've had to compare to this one was many years ago when I was taking zoloft at the time then and smoked (wasn't drinking that time)... wound up in the hospital thinking I was dying. Last night after smoking I stood up and my vision completely went black, I made my way to the bathroom and my ears were ringing intensely, I managed to lay on the floor before feeling incredible overheated so I crawled into my shower and turned on cold water, I laid on my shower floor for about 1-1 1/2 hours. Eventually I got into bed hoping that laying down for awhile would make the "symptoms" go away but then my body began to twitch all over, along with a weird feeling in my head every time I moved it. I couldn't sleep so I got up.... after 4+ hours the symptoms calmed down but did not go away. worst feeling ever... :( I love my bud, so this may be an issue.

Do not mix these drugs. I did this summer and within 15 minutes my heart and pulse started racing. I started feeling really hot and went inside to put some cool water on my forehead. I blacked out (which I have never done before) hit my head, bleed all over the place, and had to sit on a cold floor for hours because I was too afraid to get up. I thought I was going to have a stroke. It was very very very scary. some people can tolerate it, others have this reaction. I had smoked for years. As long as I am on a ssri, i will not smoke. Right now zoloft is helping me so I gave up the other.