Ive been taking zoloft for about 4 months and I smoked a few times while on it and it was a lot different from when i smoked before i started taking zoloft. I was very open and had some really cool thoughts.

Several times when I would smoke weed while on Zoloft, I would have mini seizures. Yes, SEIZURES!!! I recall one time specifically standing in my friend's driveway after smoking, and then waking up on the couch wondering what happened. They said they were terrified because I had fallen on the ground and was shaking and they had to carry me in to the couch.

Another time when I smoked weed and drank alcohol on Zoloft, I was leaving my friends's apartment and nearly fell down the stairs... Woke up in a bedroom and had pissed myself.

DO NOT MIX MARIJUANA AND ZOLOFT!!!!

I am a heavy smoker, almost everyday for a couple years now. During recent problems with school I went on a low dose of Zoloft for anxiety/anti-depression. I have experience no adverse affects from continuing to smoke marijuana but for some stupid reason I decided to do a strikeout last night. This is when take a bong hit, take a shot, chug a beer, then blow out the smoke. I did this with a bowl that was half tobacco, half pot. DO NOT DO THIS! Alcohol is a very dangerous substance when combined with Zoloft and the excess of serotonin in my brain was a disturbing feeling. As an experience drug user I did fine but this is NOT ADVISABLE.

hey Chrontec and everybody- its not about who is stronger or weak minded or cant handle zoloft, with weed or shrooms or any drug in this world, its about trusting the adverse affects from drugs and trusting the instinct; the way you feel from their effects. There are many people who can have a bad trip from weed and never get a bad trip from any other drug, and vice versa its all about your perception on anything

I just started a small dose of Zoloft and got high tonight and not feeling anything different about my high. It depons on the person. Oh yea, I almost ODed on meth a week ago and went to the ER. METH IS NOTHING TO PLAY WITH!!!!!

I've been on Zoloft since January, and have smoked pot pretty regularly since high school. Never had a problem until last night, when I smoked the amount I usually do at a concert. I was fine for a while until everything started spinning and my heart started racing and I started sweating and becoming feverish and fell down. I felt so claustrophobic and paranoid that I sat down for I don't know how long, until I could stand back up again without the entire world spinning. Then I had to lay in the grass for a while while my friends tried to keep me awake. I mostly sobered up in an hour and a half but it was awful. This was the first time I'd had an adverse reaction to smoking pot with Zoloft.

I just recently started taking zoloft and all i noticed is that after a few weeks on it, I get THE BEST HIGH EVER when I smoke. Really, it's almost like another experience :-) Everything becomes humorous and pleasant and just AWESOME. This may have been just my experience tho, so i guess give it a try but in a safe environment and smoke just a bit to start off.

I have been a heavy smoker for the past 6 months, 6-8 times per week on a regular basis. I started taking zoloft to relieve some horrible anxiety and it gave me really bad side effects. I had two panic attacks in two days and it was the worst feeling I have ever felt. I never wish this upon anybody. I felt like I truly was dying. Dont take zoloft and smoke at the same time. I ended up going to the ER and my Blood Pressure was 167/104 (which is extremely high) This is not good for you body, and I would highly suggest not doing both.

Yesturday i took 175mg of zoloft because i was told it would make u trip. all that happent to me was the back of my head started burning, my heart was beating extremely fast one minute then very slowly the next. I was uncontolable shaking, everytime i stood up i would get very dizzy and needed to sit back down right away. I didnt feel any of these symptoms untill after i smoked two bowls of some really good pot. Allmost imediatly after smoking this started happening to me. Please dont ever try to abuse antidepressants. I woke up this morning feeling horrible i fear i may have done some severe damage to my brain.

You'll be fine. All you need to do is hang out with people who arent trying to trip on prescription meds. This will give you an oppurtunity to grow up, and gain the confidence needed to say no to things that are so utterly and completely absurd.

Almost a year ago I started taking a generic to Zoloft called sertraline. Three months into it I decided to take a couple hits off a joint with my girlfriend. I went home not to long after that and went strait to sleep. The next morning I woke up and took 1 sertraline and went to go to work, and on the way to work I had one of the worst panic attacks ever. My body went numb I was having trouble breathing I felt like I was going to pass out. Now this is the problem. After all this I stopped taking the sertraline, it has been almost a year since I stopped taking it. I started taking sertraline because of my anger, I never have had depression issues never had anxiety or panic attacks before this day. Ever since that day I have gotten worse. I am worried all the time that I am going to have a panic attack I am anxious when I drive because I was driving when I had my panic attack and I pay attention to my breathing all day trying to take deep breaths all the time and every time my heart beat speeds up I get real worried. All I had before I started taking sertraline was anger issues and the sertraline was working great until I smoked weed that day. Last night I didn't have a headache but my head just felt numb and I cant feel things anymore. And sometimes when I eat Mexican food my stomach gets messed up which is normal but it makes me panic because my stomach is so numb to things now it makes me feel like there is something wrong. I don't want to get back on medication because I have found ways to deal with my anger but now I am having so many issues with this anxiety. Is this all in my head? When I get anxious feeling I will take a Valerian Root herbal pill and it helps calm me down some but I don't want to take pills just to be happy. What should I do??

Its been almost a year since I have been on sertraline and its been over a year since I smoked weed last.

Does combining the two have long term effects or is this just all in my head? Do I just need to get myself together and just realize that the two are out of my system and I am fine???

This is not directed to anyone in particular... But when are people going to stop trying to medicate their worries and stresses away? A doctor will sooner medicate you with drugs which they aren't entirely sure how they work, before attempting to figure out if the individual is equiped with the resources and mind power necessary to handle life. You guys arent as helpless as you think. Doctors get paid to prescribe meds. If they didn't, they'd pretty much be out of a job. Consider that.

Everyone has anger. Some people are just too weak to try to find natural ways to counter it, or their parents are too lazy or stupid to provide a more positve lifestyle for their children. Parents let their kids make poor choices, those poor choices lead to consequences, kids don't like consequences and so they flip out and all of a sudden think they have a chemical imballance in the brain. It sure is easy enough for the parent to want to think this coming from an MD and all.... 95% of the time this is complete BS. If you can't learn how to handle the stresses that every young person has do deal with in life, and medicate yourself, you'll never have the natural ability to handle the real stresses that come later in life. The end product is what you see today. A society that inches toward insanity everyday.

It is true that most people who are depression meds don't have to be. They are simply weak minded due to their parental guidence or from bad choices they have made... and most times, both.

i have been on zoloft daily for 5 years.
i started out on 50mg a day and now have been on 100mg a day for over 2 years.

i have smoked and injested marijuana almost every day for the past year and have never once had a negative experience.
if anything the marijuana actually helps my moods.

i can agree though that alchohol could be bad with zoloft. i drink heavily on weekend and will usually try to take me zoloft 6+ hours before drinking but i have noticed i get drunk alot faster than without zoloft.

just my input

DONT O IT!!! i did, and had the worst trip ever!!!! i had to use an inhaler because i ened up not being able to breathe, i was so scarred and thought i was going to die, and about had to be rushed to the hospital because i litterally mentally snapped, i was happy but crying at the same time, and it felt really bad.... i was having a panic attak and it literally lasted two hours, and i was shaking uncontrollably, its not a smart thing to do at all... even when i woke up i fekt bad!!! and have felt bad all day th next day, not a good choice, i would never do it again, it was literally the worse trip ever....

Guys,

I am responding to the poster who mentioned aggressivity.
This is NOT due to Weed and Zoloft. It is ONLY due to Zoloft.

I did not smoke for months and I *almost* killed a friend on a fight when I started Zoloft.
Zoloft will drive you crazy for the first few months, but per my experience those effects die off.

I quit Zoloft ages ago, and honestly I do not play to use it again.
As for Marijuana, same thing. Even though it makes you feel good for 1 hour or two, it will make you "dumb" for a week or more.