DO NOT! I REPEAT.. DO NOT! MIX ZOLOFT AND BUD!! I had the worst experience last week.. I thought the wind was talking to me, then i started hearing voices so i ran into my bed room.. shortly after my heart started racing and felt like it doubled in bpm.. next thing i knew i was on my bed shaking.. i thought that I was going to die. I felt the worst unexplainable terror i've ever felt in my life. It was horrible.

I used the two together shortly after being prescribed to zoloft 50 mg once daily, and i had no negative reactions. However, several weeks later after the medication kicked in, i used the two and had very bad reactions..hilucinations, panic, and the next day i felt what seemed like a hangover type feeling..this bud was not laced either, medical from cali..

I am on 100mg of Zoloft daily & also smoke marijuana daily. I have had absolutely no bad experiences. My doctor, however, tells me that marijuana will block out the effects of the Zoloft. In my experience, this is not true.

I've been on Zoloft for a couple years. I've also smoked pot a couple times. Nothing bad happened. Nothing. But I suppose it's different for everyone.

Anytime I hear people say things like: "I freaked out when I took this with that.." or "I freaked out when I smoked weed after the meds my doctor gave me started working".. I cringe... People have "negative" effects from drugs because they are drugs! Troubled people get freaked out, sure! I'm troubled sometimes myself.. but i can handle my weed, i eat to much food when i smoke weed though.. hungry.. I also sleep better, and dont stay up all night youtubing. im on zoloft and lithium, and i only feel marijuana helps my treatment.. there might be a problem with someones immature spirit, but not mine.. smoking is a o k.. g'day

The effects are likely different for each individual, as is true with all pharmaceuticals, but please note just how many people have responded here that they experienced pronounced psychiatric side effects. There seems to be a pattern emerging.

When I was taking both Zoloft and Strattera, (a non-stimulant ADHD medication), I experienced very pronounced psychiatric side effects when smoking weed. My symptoms included mania and extreme paranoia, and even full-blown visual and auditory hallucinations on two or more occasions. Though to some of you eager experimenters out there this might sound like something you might want to try, it caused me to do some very dangerous and stupid things, (including extreme anti-social behavior and even attempting suicide.)

I decided that I cared more about smoking pot than taking my medications, so I quit taking both. Within a few weeks, these extreme symptoms were no-longer occurring. I was, however, experiencing the full effects of my severe depression when not high, (which is inevitable in the morning, even when you are a 24-7 stoner as I was at the time.)

I strongly recommend that you stay away from marijuana if you are also taking any type of psychiatric medications. Though this may sound prudish, it really is true that marijuana is a false substitute for real life. Especially for people who suffer from depression like myself, life can be very hard and dark at times, and sometimes can be just plain boring. But after I quit smoking weed I realized that there is no substitute for living in reality. If you feel like you need something more in your life, I suggest you investigate Jesus Christ.

i recently smoked whilst on zoloft and vomited and had a racing heart a very horrible experience do not attempt

I take 200 mg of zoloft (setraline) a day and smoke marijuana every few hours while home.  They seem to work wonderfully together.  This is the closest treatment for anxiety/depression I have found to work.  I have been doing this for 2+ years and never had any adverse reactions.

I have smoked weed both with and without zoloft.  Mixing the two in my opinion creates an entirely new drug experience that is far more intense than regular weed.  Only do it if you are a thrill seeker at heart who isn't afraid to explore the depths of the mind.  It's really fascinating and can get a bit hallucinagetic.  It makes you feel like you're in a dream and if you fall asleep right after, prepare for some crazy dreams.  Just don't do it the day before something important because unlike with plain pot, you WILL get a hangover.

i mixed zoloft with some other pills

and my throat started to really burn and it sorta felt like it was clogged, and right now its burning pertty badly and nothing seems to help it. im getting really worried

If Your On Zoloft (D O  N O T  S M O K E  W E E D)

I Did That Last Saturday Morning And After I Smoked The Marijuana 20min Later My Mind Just Took Off On Me And I Was Tripping The F**k Out
I Felt Lost And Like If I Was Trying To Find My Way Back I Got Crazy Panic Attacks My Whole Body Got Very Numb And The Ambulance Came To My
House And I Was Touching The Paremedics Faces And Stuff Just Really Out Of It, They Had To Tie Me Up On The Bed And They Took Me To The Hospital And Its Been A Week Sence That Happend And I Feel Like c**p Bcuz It Made My Anexity Come Back.

Worst Thing That Ive Ever Been Through!!!! I Felt Like I Was Going To Come Back Like My Mind Just Slipped Away 4RM Me Forever....

If you are a daily pot smoker like myself, and take zoloft, it doesnt seem to have any negative side effects. Its those who are not used to the effects of pot that smoke it and blame their bad trips on the zoloft/pot counteraction. Everybody is different. I am of a very small stature, taking 50mg of Zoloft with about an average of a g of weed every day, and I do perfectly fine. Just makes me tired sometimes.

thanks for this reply. i'm on the same boat but instead of quitting the weed I stopped taking the zoloft. i guess i should of did it the other way around :S

Who ever said they were rushed to the hospital cause of severe panic attacks the same thing happened to me felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest and i was having an heart attack then they said it was anxiety i then smoked weed a couple times and had anxiety attacks again, then i stopped for about 5 months and yesterday did it again and i was fine, just relax start off with a puff or 2 non green hits and just chill. I did this when on Zoloft only 50mg but you gotta relax

Iv been taking zoloft which is prescride to me for almost a year now and i smoke tree every day of my life im acctualy high right now while typing this but i have never had a problem witch mixing my zoloft and tree. I can not speak for the alchohal part because i dont drink