Last night, both me and my girlfriend smoked weed and her reaction kinda freaked me out... She's on Zoloft and began running around trying to hide from people and cars, and totally freaked and begged me to leave with her when someone walking their dog went by. Is this normal? We also had a few drinks and kreteks that night (which feel wonderful if you smoke them after weed). For me, it felt great and I'm on 75mg Effexor, 54mg Concerta, and 150mg Lamictal for Bipolar and ADHD, so I found it weird that she became so messed from the weed. How common is this?

I doubt many doctors would prescribe Zoloft if they knew their patients were smoking weed. The deeper issue needs to be addressed instead of taking yet another mind-altering drug. I speak from experience as I was smoking weed while on Zoloft and knew in my heart that the clouds would never lift for me if I was still smoking weed. I quit weed a few years ago and am weaning off Zoloft now as I feel it is not doing alot for me, except costing me money. Also, I don't like the stigma attached to people taking anti-depressant medication. My brain now needs to learn how to function without the help of mind-altering drugs.

well im 14 and smoke pot regularly and take zolaft for about 2-3 years and never had a problem with it but i did have a reaction to alcohol i woke up with cuts my friends said i had no sign emotional thoughts i tell people to avoid alcohol and zolaft and your body is different to others and may react differently.

A 14 year old taking anti-depressants and smoking weed? You're still a baby - you're brain is still making connections! You won't know the full extent of the damage until you are a mature adult, and by then the damage is done. Get active, make some naturally happy chemicals flow in your brain! Your not going to know whether you're coming or going once you're a adult if you keep messing with mind-altering drugs. It's very serious. Like the comment on 02/07/10. Maybe the cause of the depression is the weed smoking. How normal can a person be when they are taking multiple mind-altering drugs? I'd like to know how many of you that smoke weed and take anti-depressants 'fessed up to your doctor that you smoke weed. I'm guessing few to none. And if your doctor did know and still prescribed anti-depressants, it's time to change doctors. I am speaking from experience.

You shouldn't do any drugs until your body and brain of fully grown, with that being said what kinda weed are you people smoking! my weed makes me mellow happy opposite of anxious! and one of the symptoms zoloft is supposed to help is anxiety! so you people may just be nuts! ever think of that!

Actually Zoloft isn't so much for anxiety as some of the other anti-depressant medications. Also J.J. you didn't state if you are on any anti-depressant medication. And is it really necessary to make ********** comments? Just makes you look less than intelligent...

***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**

i smoke weed everyday and take zoloft every day nothing bad happend to me

Goes to show you all the different reactions people will get from drugs. For me, weed was ok before, and then once I became anxious/depressed smoking became a terrible ordeal. But since I went on zoloft, I have the clearest highs I've ever had, and it does fade quicker. I can actually outsmoke most people and retain my grip on whats going on around me, I really like the highs from weed since I've been on zoloft. I feel like it takes away all the anxiety for me (the zoloft). Drinking though I'm the opposite, I get drunk a lot quicker and more tired, and it's not enjoyable. Especially the next day, as I haven't been on zoloft very long, and drinking seems to diminish the good effects I'm trying to accomplish with the medication

I've been taking 300mg of Zoloft daily for just under 9 years, since i was 11. I've been smoking between a 50 bag and half ounce a day since i was 13. I've never had a bad reaction to the two mixing together however i did when i mized zoloft, crack, weed, valium and alcohol. Also, i get a few side effects if i dont mix the weed with spin. nothing major, jsut headaches. ive seen many doctors and im seeing a few shrinks and all of them have said that Zoloft is fine with weed, unless you're in the 0.007% of people who weed reacts bad to when your not on medication.

anonymous wrote:

Strange that it hasn't affected everybody in this way. Still I say be extremely careful if you're going to mix the two drugs. Start off slowly to see if you have any bad reactions.

The body's negative feedback system @ work. Concentration levels can have this effect on us. A lil works, too much takes you the opposite way. Remember were designed to stay on middle ground, as far as neurotransmitters. deviation either way can affect you!

alcohol does interfere with zoloft. It is untrue to say that they do not affect each other at all.
the most important interaction is that both drugs are processed in the liver. If you drink too much, your liver will be too busy sorting out the alcohol to let the zoloft get in to your system, and you can FCK with the progress you've made on the anti depressant (anyone who's taken zoloft knows it takes a couple weeks to kick in, so if you fck with it, it could take a while before you're getting the full effect of the medication again)

I take Zoloft and smoke pot regularly. I've had NO reactions and actually, I feel better in the days following! Sure everyone is different, but maybe you guys should check whats mixed in your pot before you smoke it!

I'm used to many drugs and I used to be a daily pot smoker. When I began taking zoloft I continued smoking, the less possible as recommended by my doctor. I smoke all day long at every four days and feel good. Zoloft without taking any drugs as been pretty bad to me in a way I felt sleepy and out of any physical balance, nausea etc... Seroquel and Zoloft as got equivalent to an acid trip for me on the first times I took them. I don't think these medications are really good and I consider them as chemical drugs. The moral of this is that you can smoke and take such medications, but the less possible as this can just get you sleepier and get you bad hangovers... I sincerely doubt cannabis can be worst than those weird chemical mixtures, but the combination of drugs is to avoid the most possible. ;-)

I've been smoking weed for about 10 months. I smoke almost every day. I've been on zoloft for about a week and I feel better than I have in months. Although, I am lethargic from time to time and find sitting still difficult.