From my experience with zoloft and marijuana was pretty fun. I had no adverse effects from the mixture of those two drugs. although i had a little paranoia, i didn't have a racing heart or felt as if i was gonna die. I would probably to do it again.

I told my doctor I smoke herb pretty consistant. She that that was okay just watch the alcohol. I still drink once in a while and notice I feel crappy the next day. As for smoking on Zoloft I would say I have had no bad experiances yet and have been on the two drugs together for about 5 months.

Guest wrote:

NOOOOO! I was prescribed Zoloft a week ago and I was rushed to the hospital after smoking pot marijuana this weekend! I thought I was going to die it was so bad. I had a severe panic attack that made my heart race. DO NOT MIX these drugs!

this same thing happened to my brother the other day

ok i dont know it all ive just seen this post an deside i well put in my two cents worth. i dont know much about zoloft but so for ive been checking up on weed. about 2 1/2 months ago i had a bad panic attack because i was smoking weed an drinking monster energy drink. i was rushed to the hospital thinking i was going to die, not knowing what it was the dr told me that weed can cause anxiety/ panic attacks, what made it worst, was the energy drink, im not saying that it would effect everyone who smokes, because everyone is differant in there own way but for me it was the weed, while others can smoke a hole day an nothing happens

Last year I got back into my pot smoking habit, which turned into an everyday thing. I was also taking 100mg. of Zoloft a day. I NEVER noticed a difference from when I smoked years ago without zoloft vs. smoking with zoloft.
I'm sure the body chemistry is different with everyone. Some people don't take to zoloft well.
If you just started taking it, you might want to wait a few weeks to make sure it works well for you. After that, you will probably be fine smoking pot. (except for the fact that it's illegal and you could go to jail) :-)
I also drink alcohol with the zoloft and have the same results as my past non-zoloft days.

I've always had an an occasional panic attack (once a year or so) since I was in college. I'm 32 now. This winter, it developed into almost daily panic attacks and a constant feeling of dizziness and chest pains. I went to the doctor, am 100% healthy, and was prescribed Zoloft (which seems to be working fairly well. Been on 50mg for four months. Also see a shrink.

I used to LOVE to smoke pot, but now it triggers panic attacks. It bothered me before I started Zoloft, and it bothers me now. I think that pot and panic disorders don't go together very well (at least for me). Makes me too aware of bodily sensations.

ive been smoking pot once a week and taking 75 mgs of zoloft every day for the past year. At first the pot didnt make the high too intense, but recently the last two times i smoked my highs have gotten to be the most intense experiences ever. My pulse goes through the roof and my entire body goes numb. Im not really scarred of it but im definitly quitting smoking until im off zoloft.

I started taking Zoloft a few months ago for severe depression. My current dosage is at 150mg, but is increasing soon. From personal experiance, I would say never to mix pot and this prescription. I have smoked pot for a while now, but in the past few weeks I have had a few very bad reactions to the mixture. I am assuming that it is from the Zoloft, at least, becasue it takes 6-8 weeks for the medicine to take full effect.

Each time I have had a bad reaction I am convinced that my boyfriend had drugged me. I was sure that he and his friends had laced something into the weed and were trying to date rape me, even though these boys had been my friends for years and I completely trusted them. I lost control of my motor skills and had decided that I was a reincarnated version of myself. It was the scariest thing I have ever experianced in my entire life and I will not smoke while taking this antidepessant again.

Heres my 2 cents regarding smoking weed and taking Zoloft- I have been a daily smoker for over 20 years (I am 42). I recently started taking Zoloft for depression after a friends death. I am quite certain that smoking weed adds to depression. I do not think it is physically addictive but I am aware of the jones one has when the bag runs dry. For whatever its worth, stop the excuses ( I need it to sleep, it doesnt lead to other drugs, everyone smokes weed, etc etc,) and throw away the pipe. I am also pretty sure weed messes with your seretonin (sp?) levels which Zoloft helps to restore. That said, dont bother smoking weed if you are taking Zoloft...you are obviously trying to get better so dont mess it up by smoking weed. Trust me on this 1.

I've been on 50 mg zoloft for only two weeks. Last night, I went through two or three bowls with some friends, and it felt the same as any other high. It might have been a bit more intense. After I came down, we decided to go for another bowl. This time, I lost my vision, there was loud ringing, some paranoia, and it was a horrible panic attack. I was sure I was going to die. I began to pass out, but I managed to stay with it. That all lasted for only a minute or two, and afterwards, the high was a different experience. I felt more out of my body than usual. I'm not sure if this can be attributed to an interaction, especially since it's only 50 mg, but since my friends were fine, and everything felt so different, I don't think it could have been just the pot.

i been smoking marijuana and taking zoloft 100mg everyday since jun 2007, i've had maybe 5 episodes where it seemed like i smoked a super doobie lol made me wanna quit.... now i just wait like an hour before bedtime and smoke. nice dreams.

the guest who said that u felt like u were going to die u probably felt that because u have extreme anxiety and zoloft kicks in in about a month

I've been taking Zoloft daily since I was 6, I am now 15 taking 200mg Zoloft/day and have been smoking up to 30g's of marijuana/week. I can safely and strongly say that there is no problem in mixing the two drugs.
Hope that helped.

but i took some mad hits and it was really scary i was losing control

After reading these posts and using what I know about both drugs, and my experience last night, I've come up with this. It seems as though if you have been using one drug or the other for a long period (more than a year) and introduce the other, you'll be okay. But if you are new to either and introduce the other you'll have bad effects.

I've been smoking on and off for about two years and I started on Zoloft less than six months ago. Last night I smoked for the first time since starting Zoloft, it was awful. My heart rate sped up and was racing for about two hours. I was actually worried about the effects on my heart because of the speed it was going at. I didn't have a panic attack (because Zoloft works well for me) but it was scary.

So in conclusion, be careful. Please, take care of your body. I know I wont be smoking again while on Zoloft, and probably ever again because of that experience. If you want to mix the two, take it easy and wait to see how your body reacts. Overall stay calm and don't hesitate to call help if needed.