Do not do this! Last night was one of the worst nights of my entire life. I am a 16 year old girl, and i was smoking with my freinds down at he beach, i have been on zoloft for 3 months now and haven't smoked since i had started it. I took about 15 hits of the bowl and finally started to freak out. My heart began racing and my whole entire body went numb, i couldn't feel my tounge inside my mouth, my face, nothing. All i could feel was the pulse inside my body. I decided i needed to get up and focus on walking or doing something else to get my mind off of what was happening, it only got worse. As we left the beach i was one of the first to go up to the main road and i stopped in the middle of the street to wait for my "friends" to come up from the beach except when all of them began walking towards me i didn't know any of them. All of their faces turned into faces of other people that i know and i had no idea where i was. I started to have a panic attack that lasted 4 hours. I tried falling asleep but every time i did i would wake up sweating and not recognizing anyone around me and couldn't understand where i was or what had happened. Pleaseee do not do this, it is the next morning and i still cannot feel my tounge hit the roof of my mouth, be smart.

THE FACT IS...... THAT SOME PEOPLE REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THE COMBO AND FOR ANYONE TO SAY THAT IT IS GOOD OR BAD IS IRRESPONSIBLE. IF YOUR GOING TO TRY IT START IN LOW DOSES AND THEN YOU CAN GRADUALLY INCREASE IF YOU WANT TO.

TRUE TRUE TRUE

Same happened to me, Heart was racing like mad, hot n cold flushes, head spins, numb face, loss of appitite and uncontrollable butterflies, nervousness.

I really do hope this isn't perminent.

I took only one 100mg Zoloft and the next day had a bong and i havn't been the same since, its been 5 day so far.

but the effects are subsiding slowly.

wow marijuana is completely harmless... YOU had the panic attack...

what is the % of 14 year olds that actually know what zoloft is

idk bout u, but ive never had a bad "trip" on x.

I've been a regular smoker of marijuana and cigarettes for about 4 years...i started Zoloft for anxiety about a month or 2 ago. Unfortunately I had to go off of it before I had time to see if it worked for anxiety. This was caused by an extremely adverse reaction with pot within the first week. So I'll put it simply for anyone who wants to know. I drank exactly one beer and smoked a blunt with 5 people, and when I got up off the couch and walked upstairs I had a severe panic attack and passed out nearly 3 times. I went white, I had trouble seeing/breathing, I felt dizzy, lightheaded, weak....terrible. Extremely scary. Everybodys different so tell your doctor if your a regular potsmoker before you go on Zoloft.

I am a regular weed smoker, and have been for the past 6 years. but i have recently began taking zoloft (50 mg a day). I am thankful for this space cause I have been able to find some really lucid and well substantiated responses about the interaction between these two substances. I am a lil annoyed however at those who have really conservative views on weed and who try manipulate people's ignorance about some of these drugs' side effects to promote their conservative agendas. If you are going to come up with alarmist and outraged responses to this issue, you should note that you are a tight ass first. If weed has never been your drug of choice, and you have only been an occasional smoker due to peer pressure but never really liked it and almost always made you feel paranoid, you should let people know before you misinform them about the consequences of their habits.
Many people have to deal with feelings of depression and they have the right to try to help themselves through antidepressants, but if it is also possible to enjoy the beautiful bliss pot gives you if you. I dont think they should be mutually exclusive. Unfortunately, since weed is still illegal in the US, it is impossible to really know what the interaction with zoloft might be, because there are no clinical studies available. I feel every true pot lover should give it a try, and try to share his/her experiences in the most honest and straightforward way. I personally feel alcohol is much worse at creating paranoia and anxiety than weed. And to those radical conservatives: please grow up. You should not try to scare people away from pot just because you are scared about it yourself.

I have been on Zoloft for the past 8 years and I have been smoking pot for the past 7 years. I also am a college student. Zoloft makes you more likely to get drunk and isnt good to mix with alcohol. You're best off not taking your pill if you're gonna get shitfaced. Otherwise mixing zoloft and weed is fine. I've never had a bad reaction.

If the person was "psychologically well-adjusted" person, he probably wouldn't be on Zoloft in the first place!

Has it ever occurred to anyone, that maybe the reason you are on zoloft to begin with is because you smoke dope? If you want to be cured from anxiety or depression stay away from dope and alcohol which are natural depressants. If you want to get advice about what is good for you/ bad for you or what you can have and can't have. Speak with your General Practitioner (DR) they are the professionals in this field and can provide you with accurate advice.

It has been proven in medical studies that Dope is the leading cause in mental illness, which includes:
Depression
Anxiety
Bipolar disorders
Schizophrenia

They are just a few of the mental illnesses that dope can lead to and in some cases it is irreversable and is a life time illness!

So, I guess what you need to ask yourself is, "Do you want to get better?". If you do and need any assistance staying away from alcohol and/or other drugs call on of the following services which are available Australia wide:

Beyond Blue
1300224636

Poison Information Line
131126

I hope this helps and remember, if you are a young person replying about medication mixed with other drugs and are not a professional, keep your thoughts to yourself as you could be doing more harm than good!

well i take zoloft everyday as do i smoke about 3 blunts minimum a day. it does nothing bad and i've done it prolly 200+ times. so overall you need to know how to handle pot. because if you don't it will take anxiety to extreme lengths

Thankyou SO much! This was the most helpful and useful knowledge I have read so far, I am prescribed to take 100mg Zoloft daily. Its only been a week. I am also a 21 year old female and experienced habitual marijuana smoker for the past 7 years. I At times can become paranoid but I've always been a paranoid person, I get jittery but there are trends noticed in my life where I always get jittery because the weather changes. I talk a lot more but I've always been a talker even as a child, still shy at times because of my insecurities that everyone has or have had in their life..etc what Im getting to is that I feel normal and by normal I mean myself. Im not bland or becoming a robot like I used to think happened to people when they were put on anti depressants. Truly Im just the girl I was before the random aggression, depression and bitterness naturally triggered by a couple traumatic events in past, except better. I can come to terms with my past. I've noticed my thought process becoming more positive as well becoming a patient person towards my dear boyfriend and other close relationships in my life :) Maybe Im too happy but I remember always having this innocence about myself, staying young at heart, always laughing and smiling, yet still aware that the world isn't just and bad things do happen. I feel grounded, yet high lol It's groovy SO far Im enjoying the blend I know it's super early and Im not 100% sure how I will react later on this weed/zoloft mix on but for now im just enjoying my life. A possible side affect as well as patterns I've experienced in my life before any anti depressant could be more paranoia, and insomniac tendencies, loss of appetite and timidness. Over all Im ok with it because I still have my weird yet good thoughts like everyone else, im becoming happier with myself and surroundings yet still want to improve all aspects of my life, im not nearly as reclusive, and most importantly It hasn't curved my creative edge Im actually more motivated to better my art to capitalize on it! I'm excited to live again .. peace and love and I hope this helped someone <3 Im a dork lol

From personal experiances, you just feel more f***d up.
no heart attack's no pain , no b*****t like that.
just twice as calm.

good weed, zoloft, and good time *thumbs up*
keep on smoking, S.W.E.D : D

My wife takes a low dose (50mg) of Zoloft every night and smokes weed all day every day. She's never had any problems with the combination.