I had my procedure done in 07 just left my doctor because of cycle for two weeks now, my doctor said i had a novasure ablation that failed, now he said surgery would work. after hearing the horrible stories I never knew I had a procedure like this...

I am 55 and had the novasure done in July of 09. within 2 months I had my period again and it has gotten worse ever since, horrible cramping. bladder leaking. pain and bleeding after BMs, headaches, pain radiating out of my lower back so bad I could hardly get off the toilet. Bleeding/spotting for two weeks at a time. Appt scheduled with a new doctor this week. :(

Get another Doctor,,,,, no doctor sure make you feel that way.

I had external ultrasound. Then vaginal ultrasound. Then MRI next is gyno appt and hysterectomy. Adenomyosis caused by nova sure ablation.

Hi I had one in April and agree with all youve said above. But did you gain weight around your tummy? I feel like I'm bloated all the time and have definitely some sort of mini explosion going on around my middle ? Help!

Any surgery causes scarring, but that is exactly the purpose of the ablation, it causes the uterus to build up scar tissue so you no longer shed the lining, therefore supposedly stopping your menses. Unfortunately, you will continue to have the bloat or "puffy belly" . I know, since I had the surgery 2 years ago, and have the unflat belly and still have periods. No matter how much diet and exercise you do, it will not go away unless you remove your uterus.

I had the Nova Sure operation Jan. 2012 and I feel great. No periods, no cramping and no discharge. BUT, I have discovered that I'm sweating alot more than I used to. I will be 40 this year and while it may be a bit early for menopause, I feel like I'm constantly rubbing my forehead and upper lip due to sweat.

This is not a side effect I can find anywhere but it didn't happen until after the procedure. Sorry to hear alot of the problems people are having with the surgery. But it was the best thing for me. The funny thing is my doctor asked if I had any questions before I went under...and I said no but I have a request. She said yes? I told her to double burn the b****...ha and I think she did. I haven't had any periods after the first week of recovery.

Good luck to all and I would reccommend this to any woman who has stomach issues.

Yes, I can no longer wear my tight jeans, have been wearing elastic waists and even a few maternity shorts. Always uncomfortable too.

I had the ablation 5 years ago. Had spotting 1time since having the procedure. My sex drive was also increased until 2 years after. Then intercourse started getting more and more painful to the point that I no longer want to have sex. The dr told me I was just dry but her suggestion of using a moisture aid doesn't help at all. I think there is more to it then dryness. Going back again to see what else it could be.

Hysterectomy is scheduled for July . YIPPEE

I had the procedure three years ago and before that lost 40 #s .I asked if it would cause weight gain and Dr.said no.... but ive gained 25 back and its seems like a loosing battle.I wouldn't of had it if known.:(

coretta69 wrote:

Guest wrote:

I had the Novasure procedure done in my doctor's office in June of 2009. It was fast, the pain lasted less than a minute, and healing took about a month. Would definately recommend it---it gave me my life back. I was having very heavy periods for a couple years that were getting to be about 15 days apart and lasting 8 days. One month I had my period three times. I was very drained all the time and because of the heavy flow didn't want to go anywhere during my period. Now I have been able to get back to my busy schedule and even take on more and I can even exercise again!

Haven't had a period at all since then until recently. Cramping and PMS was rare until January when I noticed a pink discharge. February there was a little more, and yesterday I seemed to have gotten my period again, this time enough to fill a pantyliner. I called the doctor's office and they want me to come in tomorrow.

It might be an entirely different problem but I was wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen?

My new gyno says if you bleed after the ablation at all it failed. Hysterectomy scheduled august 7th. :(

I just had Nova Sure last Wednesday. It was a quick procedure. I was told there was not cutting with this procedure. When I came to in recovery the nurse said the doctor had to give me one stitch. I guess he couldn't get into my uterus. That worried me a lot. Then the cramping was awful. It felt like back labor and contractions. Ibuprofin didn't help. I suffered for 5-6 hours with this severe pain.
Then I got a bladder infection a couple days after. I also have very bad bloating and pain. I am going to make appointment with my doctor to see if this is all normal. It doesn't say anything about my symptoms in the Nova Sure brochure.
I wish I wouldn't have done it, but it's only been a week.

I had the procedure about 3 weeks ago. I only experienced sever cramping right after but 800 motrin and a heating pad took care of that. Since then (and presently), the spotting is driving me insane. It's only panty liner bad - but I'm constantly changing them. The Dr says that this is normal, but there is no indication on how long I should have to endure.

I'm with you..I'm 45 yrs old and was told today by my obgyn (male) that this is the best option for my situation, I have very heavy bleeding, blood clots, I stayed on my period for a whole month and very big blood clots come when they feel like it. I wear a sanitary napkin everyday because i never know when a clot will drop. I'm sooo scared to get this surgery because of what i'm reading, but i'm close to suicide with all this bleeding. I want to thank everybody for their stories. I have to pray on this but as of right now i'm very afraid.