I had the Novasure done almost 4 years ago and it was the best decision I could have ever made in my life. The day I had it done, when I was in recovery, my doctor came in to let me know that I had a fibroid the size of a quarter but it didn't have a blood source but she removed it along with doing the Novasure. I had NO side effects! I went to an awards ceremony at my university the very next day and accepted an award. I have not had a period since (THANK GOD!). I have not gained any weight at all...it's just like I have my life back just without bleeding to death, dealing with tampons and pads, and having to worry about if I'm leaking every 5 seconds of the day. My doctor is a God send truly and I love her for what she did for me...my sex drive went through the roof as well! ;-) 

I had the Nova Sure procedure done along with tying my tubes.  I have had bleeding every 2 months and it lasts for thirty days or more.  This is the worst thing that I could have done.  My doctor seems to think that I'm overweight which contributes to the bleeding every month.  I've actually been losing weight because my thyroid is being regulated.  She also thinks that I eat too much chicken and the hormones from the chicken are causing growths in my uterus and recommends that I now have a Hysterectomy... I'm so frustrated and annoyed.  If I wanted to have a sex life I couldn't because I'm always bleeding.  Has this happened to any one?????

SOunds like you are eating too much:-)

I also had cramping. I had an out patient procedure done. Thankfully I was in between jobs and was able to take a week off before I started my new job to rest. I had an orange like discharge for about 2 weeks. It was the iodine coming out and I also went in the 1st day of my period. I had cramping for about 4 days and then it stopped. I still get a monthly period and although it is very light around the 4th or 5th day is when I get very crampy. That is the only drawback. I have noticed that I am more on edge and cranky lately. I had the procedure done in 2009 and I don't know if I am happy with it or not at this point. Sometimes I spot for like 10 days out of the month and now I notice that I have vaginal bleeding after a bowel movement. Time for a visit to the doc to see what she says.

I hope things get better for you and eventually you are happy with your decision.

Yeah, I had the procedure done 4 years ago...the aches and discharge will go away soon. It took several weeks for mine to stop too. I thought it didnt take and went back to the Dr. Internal surgery takes longer to heal. Hang in there, it will stop soon.

I also had this done 6 wks ago.

I have nothing good to say about this procedure, but I have severe cramps ever sense I had it done. my back is still hurting and everything that could have went wrong did. I have not been the same sense.I hope no one has to feel like

I do now..sorry for the bad info. but just letting you know. and I was also told to wait 4 wks before having intercourse. and I did wait.. I have not bled at all. in these last 6 wks sense the surgery. and thats the only thing I can say that is good. but I deal with this cramping daily still. so I really don't know what to even do for my own self. sorry.....

I do, although my periods almost stopped (last about 1-2 days) I look like I'm 6 months pregnant and have really bad headaches and cramps and worse PMS then before procedure. I helps with heavy bleeding though but comes with constant aggravating side effects.

I had this done as well ....just last firday ,And my but right side is still numb ,,,,And diarreha as well to Is this ok or what ? Other than that im still bleeding a little to ...But i just had this done last friday ,,So we will see what happens ,Wish me luck

I had the Nova Sure procedure, plus a D&C with Hysteroscopy done yesterday under general and I feel GREAT! I am 46 years old and have been having some heavy bleeding for a few years.  This site has shared so many horror stories about the procedure and the after effects. I am sorry that these women had such bad experiences, but reading their stories made me so scared and stressed for weeks... I had the procedure at a Surgical Center at 7:45 AM and I left at 9:30 AM. I had very mild cramping and very little discharge. I have had no problems with urinating or having a bowel movement. I rested yesterday and today and I plan to go to work tomorrow. I just wanted to write so that other women know that this procedure is not bad at all. At least for me it has not been. Only time will tell and I am praying that all will continue to go well. If you are thinking of having this procedure, I would suggest to have general anesthesia so that you feel no pain. Good luck to all of you... Don't let the horror stories on here scare you like they did to me... Praising the Lord for a great procedure and praying for a great recovery in the long run!   

Were you pregnant? I cannot believe your doctor did not a blood test. Can you say "sue his/her ass!!"??? I mean, really?

tammyp wrote:

anonymous wrote:

i am considering getting this procedure done.Can anyone tell me if they regret having this done or have you had any severe side effects?

I had the surgery almost 3 years ago spotted a few days after thats it I have little cramps but not every month,I couldn't leave my house before I bled so bad,I would reccomend the surgery,its wonderful to have my life back! :D

Seems to me that by reading all the posts the lady's have made, that it's going to depend on the individual person. I had the procedure done in December 2011, and so far it's been great for me. You always wounder if what youve done has changed your body, and I quess it's safe to assume anything that's done to change how your body works as a well oiled machine will have its concequences. So---- you need to decide weather it is work the risk. Good luck! and I hope it all works out.

I had this procedure done 2 years ago to correct heavy menstrual bleeding. I was put under for the procedure and only had to take 2 days off of work. For the first four months everything was fine - no period, no problems - but after that my period came back. It was a lot lighter than before (I used to have heavy bleeding for 6-10 days on an erratic schedule) and more regulated but there was always a foul-smelling discharge that I was assured would go away. It hasn't. Now I'm back to unpredictable periods (sometimes one every other week). I wish my gyn had listened to me and just taken it all out when I asked her to!

Rittenden, I wish my doctor had listen to me as well. I first went to he doctor in 2006 with this pain and heavy bleeding. She assured me that it would eventually go away and to drink plenty of cranberry juice, water, and take ibuprofen. Well, number one I didn't want to become an addict to ibuprofen and two your body becomes immune to some meds over a period of time. So in 2009 I went to another doctor to go ahead with the full hysterectomy, but instead she recommended the Novasure. I bled for a month and half lightly with a funky odor. I didn't have cycle for two years after that, but I did have unbearable pain in which I was put on lorcet, lortab, percecet, darvo, you name it I had it until I finally went to an older old school male doctor who took my infected uterus out that had been giving pain all that time. So I know what you mean when you say that you wish the doctor had listen to you at first.

Had the Novasure done in August. I bleed for a month after and have got a monthly period ever since. No change in the heavy flow and the craps are worse, I regret my decsion to do this as it did not work and now I have bills to pay on a surgery that did not work. The next step is a hystertocomy and I dont knwo how i feel about it, I do not want to go into early menapause. I know leaving the ovaries you are not supposed to but this procedure was supposed to work to and it did not so what to do. :(

I had the procedure December 2010.  Since, I have had no period and no weight gain.  I read that a lot of women are suffering from weight gain.  I do however, which I think is normal, get the monthly cramps, bloating, and sore boobs as if I were getting my period.  I think that part is normal.  This is the best thing I have ever done.  I feel bad that all women have not hadthe same great results.