i had the the novasure done on the 2nd of april 2012 after yrs of problems i feel like they can get me back on my feet i do feel abit of back ache but other than that i do feel alot better in myself and i can only give it abit of time to work for me im small built anyway so im careful in what i eat i have 4 children so they keep me busy so im never sat down long enough i can only take what others have said but in my mind its fine for me

I just had the Nova Sure Done on March, 28 2012 and m leaking like a faucet. Its like water! Has anyone had the same issue? And if so how long did you have this issue? It has bee almost 2 weeks now and I feel like I am leaking all of the time. It's making me very self contious. Please let me know! Anything will help.

I have all the symptoms that you have. Your not alone. I have not had any periods but I am BLOATED all the time. Its awful. I would not have had this procedure done had i known.

I am really glad someone else can help me with this nova sure problem. I had my procedure done in the middle of febuary and I originaly went to the obgyn because instead of the 3-5 day once a month cycle i had i am having 2 cycles a month with extreme pain and severe bleeding. I had all the blood test and checks and was told I had some fibroids but to control the bleeding, pain, lethargy, the nova sure would be the thing for me, because im only 40, children are not an option for me, and i am a good candidate rather than have a hysterectomy, wich would put me in menopause to early. He explained the procedure and all the benefits. I have done everything he said to do, and when I call with a question like "why am I having heavy bleeding, lots of pain, extreme mood swings," his answer(actually the nurse calls) is well you have to give it time, or sometimes we get 100% of the uterus, and sometimes we get 30% or 50% we really cant tell, wich he DID NOT say in the beginning, I am at 3 months after my surgery, im tired of calling the doctor, yes I have one full cycle that last 7 days and a couple of weeks later 7 days of symptoms with spottting. I am really tired of all this...My husband is really tired of this...My emotions are all over the board, the pain is to much, im tired all the time, my back hurts. I dont know what to do..at least now i know im not alone...thank yall so much.. 

I had mine done March 2012, not a single cramp, watery discharde for about 4 weeks (which is the norm). Haven't had a period yet, slight bloating around what would be my period. Can't say I have had any problems listed on this page. I am waiting another month to see if I even get a period before I start really recommending this to my lady friends that experience what I used to.

i had mine done 1 month ago. the discahrge is normal. if the discharge is yellow or green and you have areally bad ordor then you need to go to your doctor. if you have a bad itch then use a vagianal powder. also wear a panty liner. also maybe find a new doctor.

cherryflavorwine wrote:

rittenden wrote:

I had this procedure done 2 years ago to correct heavy menstrual bleeding. I was put under for the procedure and only had to take 2 days off of work. For the first four months everything was fine - no period, no problems - but after that my period came back. It was a lot lighter than before (I used to have heavy bleeding for 6-10 days on an erratic schedule) and more regulated but there was always a foul-smelling discharge that I was assured would go away. It hasn't. Now I'm back to unpredictable periods (sometimes one every other week). I wish my gyn had listened to me and just taken it all out when I asked her to!

Rittenden, I wish my doctor had listen to me as well. I first went to he doctor in 2006 with this pain and heavy bleeding. She assured me that it would eventually go away and to drink plenty of cranberry juice, water, and take ibuprofen. Well, number one I didn't want to become an addict to ibuprofen and two your body becomes immune to some meds over a period of time. So in 2009 I went to another doctor to go ahead with the full hysterectomy, but instead she recommended the Novasure. I bled for a month and half lightly with a funky odor. I didn't have cycle for two years after that, but I did have unbearable pain in which I was put on lorcet, lortab, percecet, darvo, you name it I had it until I finally went to an older old school male doctor who took my infected uterus out that had been giving pain all that time. So I know what you mean when you say that you wish the doctor had listen to you at first.

My problem is that I'm allergic to most pain medications so when I get backaches, cramps, headaches, etc., I can't take anything for it. Also, my GP sent me to the gyn because my periods needed to be STOPPED not stalled. Before I had this done I asked for a hysterectomy and the gyn recommended the Novosure - I didn't agree to it until after I'd done a lot of research. Most of what I found was positive so I gave the go-ahead. Bad, bad idea. Now I have to find another GP and go through the whole process again. :(

hello. it has been 4 weeks since i had an novasure endometrial ablation and d&c. I am still having alot of discharge. does anyone know how long this is going to last?

Yes...I am light headed and dizzy with cramps, bloating, discharge, nausea., weak. All info says in and out with ability to return to work in 24 hours and no anesthesia - I was told by anesthesiologist that I had to have full on anesthesia due to the pain caused during the procedure. None of the info I was told or see online for NOVASURE is in tune with how I ACTUALLY feel - This is day 7 post op and I feel awful!!!
TG

If your doctor makes you feel like your wasting his time I would definitely get a new doctor.

Hi I too had this silly procedure, mine was done November 2011, had a period everymonth since, some last 2-3 days and can be light others are 7 days or more and can be very heavy. Feb this year I bloated up and looked 7 months pregnant, went back to the surgeon who said it could not be anything to do with the procedure but if not happy could have a hysterectomy. It all started again 4 weeks ago bloating still not gone down. Went to see different consultant who said I needed a hysterectomy and would be able to have this done by key hole. Was scheduled to have this on Saturday but my blood test have come back with very high white cells. Now I am due to see another consultant said it maybe marrow bone or lymphomas. Been worried sick but I don't have the symptoms to suggest this, after looking on this website it appears to be the Novosure procedure that causing this - so hoping it is an infection of the womb and can go ahead with the hysterectomy. Any one else had problems similar?

Okay - 2 weeks later - still having clear discharge - slight cramping - not so bad BUT my hormones are freaking out - that was never mentioned AT ALL as a side effect - I am driving my family crazy. This procedure in no way starts menopause so WHAT GIVES!!!!

I had the Novasure procedure done back in March 2006. I have 3 sons already, so I figured this is it. The recovery went rather well besides some cramping and watery discharge. However its 2012 and it seems that I'm back to having a regular period. At first it was really light spotting that a pantyliner could handle. Over a year now ,I'm back to buying Kotex pads and the periods are regular monthly visits. I wonder if something is wrong or if I could get pregnant.

I have been doing so much research the last 2 years and have seen so many different doctors concerning the horrible cramping I am having. I had the ablation done june of 2010 and have had no period but horrible pains in my abdomen as if I am dying. I have no insurance at this time and need answers. At one point I was so ill from the pain that I finally took some of my mothers vicodin and it didn't even phase the pain. I would love to know if there are more woman out there having the same problems.

I had the novasure feb 1, 2012. i had never even heard of it until the day before. i got a really bad infection afterward and nearly flooded. it took 2 rounds of antibiotics which were 1000 mg a piece 3 times a day for 7 days. i thought i would bleed forever, which was around 2 and half months. now i have to pee constantly and i am so tired. i have no energy like i used to. i hope it straightens out for all of us and good luck.