I had this Novasure ablation done 18 months ago.  I was near death when this was finally an option, after 8 months of a gyne messing with birth control pills. I had a hemoglobin of 6, which given the average rate of blood loss, I probably had 2 months to live.  Did I mention I work in healthcare???  I seriously recommend this procedure sooner than later for anyone in a similar situation.  I had another gyne involved as a 2nd opinion after that 8 months, and I know this procedure saved my life.  I have a history of thyroid cancer, and that usually sends most patients into an early menopause.  I was 42 when I had the ablation.

Right now I am trying to determine if the joint pain I am having; randomly being in an elbow, knee, shoulder, back, and lightheadedness is from having this lining removed, or if its from the thyroid issues.  Plus, I did gain 20 lbs during this recovery of the iron deficiency.  Never missed a day of work, but I did sleep 12-16 hours a day for a year! Now that my daughter is a resident OB/gyne, I am hoping to have better answers in the near future than what I've been given by other doctors regarding these concerns with a new and improved generation of physicians on board

I had the Novasure procedure done 4 weeks ago. Sunday I started my period with cramping. I feel this procedure is not successful and if I had to choose again I would have just done a hysterectomy instead. I would not recommend this procedure to any of my friends and was hesitant of doing it to begin with. As I spoke to my sister in law that had the procedure done a year ago and she stated it did not work for her. Although, I am hoping it gets better I do not expect it to. Very disappointed client!

I had the novasure procedure 03/10/11 and I'm still having a period every month. It's a lot lighter than it was before. I used to pass huge clots and bleed heavy for the entire time every month. I would also have really bad back cramps. My friend had it done and her period stopped and she hasn't had any side affects at all. She had it done about 4 years ago. My period's are a lot better, and I'm happy with that part. I was hoping they would stop, but it's only been a few months so maybe they will. A couple of months ago, I started having a headache almost every day. The past few weeks, I've had a very painful headache every day. It really scared me yesterday when I woke up because it was so painful. It felt like someone was stabbing a knife into my head. I have always had occassional headaches & it seemed like I have more when I'm stressed. I have 6 kids at home. The youngest is 5 months old today. I returned to work full-time after 8 weeks of maternity leave. I just thought these painful headaches are being caused by stress. Then, a co-worker said it could be a side affect of novasure. I return to the Dr next month for my follow up visit, so I'm definitely going to ask him about the headaches. Now I'm really wondering if the headaches are a side affect since other people are experiencing them.

I had the Novasure done yesterday. After the procedure I had extreme cramping felt like labor and no pain medicine worked for me. Today I am spotting and cramping laid up on the couch.  Has anyone else experienced this??

I had my Nova-sure procedure done on May 4th, 2011.  Nothing but headaches and honestly I wished I had never had it done.  Less than 2 weeks after in-office procedure I had severe bleeding.  I've had three ultrasounds in a month to check on things because I also have fibroids.  My periods have slowed down in terms of flow, but last month it lasted ten days.  
Also since the procedure I've experienced pain and cramping and frequent urination.
When i brought up the frequent urination to my pcp, she told me that it was just bladder spasms more than likely caused from the procedure.
Now my ob/gyn is sending me to a specialist out of town. 
This has been a bad experience and also a costly one!

I had novasure ablation done 3 and a half weeks ago. I am wishing I would have researched it a lilttle more then I did. I know two people that had it done and where extremely happy. So instead of putting up with the bleeding that was out of control every month I went for it. I would not say I regret it but I do wish I was more informed of the healing process. I am still having a little discharge. Sometimes watery sometimes bloody red and sometimes bloody brown. Time will tell what my periods will become because right now I think I am still healing from the process. One thing I am concerned about is my mood. I never had postpartum depression with my kids but am feeling like I am having it right now. I find myself down in the dumps and trying to be happy when not and I have nothing to be unhappy about. Other then normal everyday issues that I never let bother me before. I have not read that anyone eles has these issues so maybe I am just going through a slumpy time. I do hate when summer is over.:) Otherwise other then  few cramps and the fealing of being bloated from time to time I have not experienced many side affects. If anyone else feels like me I would like to hear your story.:)

I recieved a novasure back in 09 and at the time I thought that It was the best decision I could have made at the time. I was bleeding 20 days at a time, having migrines and my energy level was at zero. It is now 2011 and starting in Oct 10 I started having unbelievable pains in my right side. It started when my period started back up and the pains only lasted a few days like a normal cramp. Well the past three months the pain had last for the complete seven days I was on my menstral cycle. I wasn't bleeding hard just spotting. I went to the er had a mri done they said it was just a kidney stone but the mri did not see one, So I went back to my dr last week and explained to him the agony that I have been in.  The cronic pain in my lower left side that was so bad I could not sleep, eat, or walk. So they did an ultra sound. Showed that I have a 2 centimeter fluid and blood clot in my uterus. He told me that the novasure caused the scar tissue to grow around my cervic so therefor my blood from my period has no where to go. So now I am schduled to have a hysterectomy because there is nothing else the dr can do to help with the pain that I have been in.

I had the novasure surgery done in June 2007. I only cramp one or two days a month with a little bloating and of course the attitude that goes with it. Other than that, I have had great success with this surgery. I have had no side affects and not having a period every month has been awesome. I did however, have a friend that had the same surgery and still had to have a hysterectomy. It is not for everyone, but I am very pleased in the results.

I  got on this sight today out of frustration, I had the ablasion process done 3-4 weeks, I had also had a hernia repair, the laprosopy, and uteroscopy, I really had considered getting a hysterectomy because with my ovarian cyst issues to I didn't think this would be the answer and didn't want to go through surgery twice. After they had gotten in and seen all the edometriosis on the outside of my uterus and ovaries, guess what they now believe I would be a great candidate for a hysterectomy, possibly leaving right ovary in. However, it took me quite a bit to feel better and heal up after surgery, felt like I had about four good days. My daughter started her period, I'm always two days behind her. Sure enough, I started feeling nausea, didn't have any bleeding, just a bit when I urinated, but cramps kicked in very heavy  again even without bleeding, and several days later now, I have intense abdominal pain, pain in my back, stomach pain, nausea, it hurts when I need a bowl movement. My ob/gyn wanted to see how I did after three months, but as I sit here in pain and frustration, I feel like I went through the procedure for nothing, and wished they would've just listened to me. I'm miserable, and I am sorry for anyone else that is enduring pain still and after the procedure, but I am one of them, and thought I was losing it until I found others that are having same problems.

I had mine done in Oct. 2011. It's been great as far as the periods, I haven't had 1 & don't have the cramping. But I've noticed weight gain but at the same time I have no appetite so I'm not really eating much so I don't know how to explain the weight gain. If I was told about these possibly being side effects I may have thought twice before doing this. But it has helped the problem it was meant to help :)

I work out 5 days a week and am still gaining weight also. I had my procedure done 4 months ago, and have gained about 20 pounds. I haven't had a period, but I am bloated all the time, my breasts are tender 2 weeks out of the month, and I feel like I am going to pee my pants alot! Does anybody have an answer to any of this? I feel like an emotional meltdown is on the way!

I am pretty certain the procedure did not work for me. I have been getting a monthly period with little or no change. I am very disappointed but not ready for a hystertocomy. So for now I pay the big doctor bills and hope the periods lessen with time. :(  I had the procdure 4 months ago. :(

I had the procedure in July 2009. I can say that the heavy clotting did stop initially. I never stopped having a monthly period but it was lighter than before. Over time though I am back to spotting, bleeding and clotting for at least 20 days per month. I never stopped having PMS at all. In fact my back hurts more now monthly than it ever did. I am now scheduled to have a hysterectomy January 10, 2012. I can't wait to finally be done with this pain and flow. I hope everything works out for you.

Hello, I had my novisure procedure done in March 3rd 2010, I had only one period. Since then I had been experience cramping every month for couple of week. I think this happen because my hormone are whack and it close for me to have a period. Now December 2011, I am still having this problem but I had pick up some extra pounds. I had ask my doctor regarding this...he told me because I am a obese woman,  this is the reason why I exprerience hormonal issues. I also had develop a blood clot 2 years prior this procedure may that was due to my heavy bleeding. The way I Am cramping I rather had deal with the heavy bleeding for those first 2 days of my cycle.  

Well 4 mos after my post my pain became so severe it felt like I was in labor for 4-5 days a month. I had a hysterectomy in Aug and now I feel great and have no pain. I wish I had never had the ablation.