Dude that's so jokes I was drinking crown and absolute last night and the same sh*t happened to me

It just happen to me drinking with out eating throw up in the morning now I can't swallow the roof of my mouth is f**k up it hurts like hell be 3 days trying to light foods nothing cold it makes it worst advile helps a lot throwing up bile is the worst thing. In the world stop drinking................

This is an old post but thought I'd reply in case anyone is reading this now. As someone else said, at first your throat will be so sore that most things will inflame it. The stomach acid will have made your throat raw. So water and milk and other fluids like herbal teas are good for the first day or so. No food. Absolutely no caffeinated drinks so no coffee and no carbonated/fizzy drinks like soda either. The following are really good to help your throat to heal I've found:

Apple cider vinegar. Dilute 1 tablespoon (the big spoon. lol) in a glass of cold water and sip. Doesn't taste bad and the apple cider vinegar is known to sooth a sore throat (Google it - it is used to treat things like strep throat cause of its anti-inflammatory properties and will also settle an upset stomach by helping with acidity in your stomach).

Make your own ginger tea. Grate some fresh ginger (v. cheap in supermarkets and stores). Use more than you think - like about a tablespoon grated. Ideally use a tea infuser, but you can just mix it in freshly grated with boiling water. Add turmeric if you want (both ginger and turmeric are great anti-inflammatories for your throat). I just stick in the dried stuff. Add honey (v. soothing for your throat and improves taste).
Let it brew with some sort of lid on in the cup for 10 - 15 minutes and drink.

Gargle with salt water - a couple of teaspoons of salt mixed in with water - seems to deaden pain in your throat.

I don't usually buy into the majority of home remedies, but the above I've used to deal with a raw throat from stomach acid - I have a condition called acid reflux which can cause vomiting - and they really do help. Also used them when I was pregnant and puking my guts up! TMI I know. Good luck!

When you start eating again go for things like yoghurt and soup. All your food should have the texture of baby food.

I love that this thread is still going after well over year!

I'm on day three of my sore throat and gums, and the roof of my mouth is SO SWOLLEN. I made the mistake of eating, thinking it would just go away. I'm now sipping on milk and hoping that this is the day I take better care of myself.

Binge drinking is a very dangerous sport.

Hey guys! Literally went through this a week ago on my trip with some friends cross country. Drank entirely way too much and finally at three in the morning everything came back up in toilet.

Right after I puked, I immediately noticed that my throat had a burning sensation, but no excruciating pain. During the five days afterwards, I continuously kept eating whatever I wanted and did not give my throat the proper time to heal, which came back to haunt me.

Once I got back home, I noticed my left tonsil was completely swollen and it was difficult to even swallow my own saliva. Yet again, I thought time and eating smooth-liquid foods would do the trick for curing it. Two days later, no progress.

Then I had the worst idea and started taking Ibuprofen to make the swelling go down. It worked suprisely enough at first, so I ate some solid foods for dinner. Worse decision I made (pretty sure this is the reason it became worse).

Woke up the following morning, to my left tonsil being swollen even more and my uvula beginning to enlarge. At this point I could hardly swallow anything and it became difficult for me to breathe out of my mouth. Immediately set an appointment with a clinic the following day.

I was given a steroid shot in the butt, followed with anti-inflammatory pills and antibiotics.

I would recommend taking it easy and learning from my mistake. If your throat hurts just slightly from puking the night before, I would give it the time it needs to heal. If the swelling or pain is still there after three to four days, go to a doctor, do not wait! I was told that if the swelling continued for the next 24 hours I would need immediate medical attention after I was given medication. The swelling has gone down thankfully. Hope this dreadful story will help the next person that encounters this experience. Cheers!

In the toilet*

Best answer thank u

If you haven't tried honey then you need to...mix it with water...but before you drink it(warm or cold) coat the back of you're throat with a tablespoon or two of honey. It is backed by medicinal evidence to help burns and not just that but it's also antibacterial which makes it ok to use even if you're inclined to throat infections or viruses.

I know this is an old post but hoping I could get some advice!
I was violently sick about a week ago and the sore throats sensation is still there, husky sounded voice and burning sensation! Plz help will this go away soon?

I've had this from getting sick for 12-14 hours after a two day bender of wine and cider on an empty stomach , it has to be the worst pain i have ever gone through, by day 3 i couldn't take much more and went to the doctor and after 4 days of medication i could eat my 1st meal, I never usually write on anything like this but my advice is go to doctor straight away!!!! I know the feeling and it's the worst,for any 1 going through it now i hope that u recover as quick as possible but get to the doctor asap because in my opinion home remedies won't cure it!

Omg thank you

I drunk some alcohol an i threw up last night too hard an today my tonsils hurt an can't swallow

Your welcome

Your welcome hope u feeling better

How u feeling now?