Ba ha ha ha

Some of the replies on here are pretty old but I stumbled upon it and hopefully can help someone else who has this problem. I didn't eat anything this past Saturday, I think I had a sandwich earlier in the day but then I got completely sloshed later that night. (Off of only 7 beers mind you, normally that wouldn't make me puke but I learned my lesson not to drink on an empty stomach). I woke up Sunday morning and threw up green sh*t about 6 times(I'm assuming it was the bile). After eating some food and sitting still for a little bit I felt fine, but late Sunday night I noticed it started to hurt when I would swallow and by the middle of the day today (Monday) it was excruciating. My throat and roof of my mouth in the back burned and throbbed, the base of my tongue felt bruised and all of my back teeth ached. Basically your whole mouth feels like it's dying, I even looked in the mirror fully expecting to see burns in the back of my mouth. I talked to a doctor and he said to get GAVISCON, you can get it at any drug store near the antacids. Get the liquid kind in the bottle, ***extra strength*** and try that. I took an ice pack to my neck and that helped a bit as well, took 3 ibuprofen (try taking them with food so you don't get nauseous, last thing you need is to puke again), and try breathing in through your mouth and out through your nose, that helped it not to burn as much for me. The ibuprofen made the aching in my teeth go away for the most part and I might try putting some vapor rub on to calm the burning down. Hope this helps.

I just had this happen to me. Worst. Pain. Ever. I threw up numerous times on Sunday and could feel a burning sensation each time I did, but didn't think anything of it. My mouth and throat felt fine until I tried to eat and barely managed to get a bite of toast down. The next day the roof of my mouth was intensely throbbing, completely raw with white areas around it. Also, had intense jaw pains and toothaches. It is now Wednesday and the pain has definitely lessened, so it gets better.

My suggestions for anyone going through this:
Mylanta (swish in your mouth twice a day, or swallow)
Suck on ice chips
Use oragel to numb the pain (only a couple times a day)
Theraflu for sore throats (warm, not hot)
Brush your teeth a lot to keep bacteria from growing
Rinse with baking soda, salt, and water mixture
Take tablespoons of honey
Drink a lot of milk
Get a liquidy probiotic yogurt if you're having trouble eating
When you can start to eat again, eat cheddar broccoli soups, or milk based soups (warm, not hot)
STAY HYDRATED

We'll I puked 6 times

This sounds exactly like my experience , how long did the toothache last?

This person is awesome.

So glad I've found this post but I'm in absolutely agony !!! It's 23:45pm in the U.K. January 29 2018. Same story.
I got very drunk on saturday on an empty stomach I started to vomit violently after about 6 hours on the alcohol for about 3 hours on and off pure green slime. drank as much water as I could at the time but it wouldn't stay down.
It's now Monday I can hardly breathe talk eat or sleep I have excruciating pain on the left hand side of my mouth I have called 111 for help and advice at 7pm they haven't got back to me I am panicking I don't know what is wrong with me or how long this will last. Have gargles salt water, drank warm honey and lemon, drank bicarbonate soda and water lots of tea and milk and only ate mash potato today and laughing cow triangles taking lots of tablets !!!
NOTHING HAS HELPED I am going doctors in morningbut I go to the phillipines for one month next week I am worried this is going to interfere!?!
I hate alcohol

Hi, how are you now? My other half did exactly the same last night. I called 111 and a Clinician called me back almost straight away. They said he needed to go to hospital but he refused, despite having a massively swollen epiglottis and unable to swallow properly. He's scared me. 12hrs on he is still in bed, has vomitted countless times. How long did it take you to recover and what did you do please? Thank you.

I threw up for almost 5-6 hours, couldn't hold down water for anything had to sip it and then that would come up. Milk is good to coat your belly and throat. I tried to eat some soup for dinner last night and it felt like I was eating Lava. Stay away from spicy foods I tried to just eat now and the pain is still there. Take Care and I have to cut down on the drinking big time because this is the 1st time this has happened to me.

with due respect can i have any remedys.

you can stick your finger into your throat as if to induce vominiting. there you will feel a thin “flap” if you clear under and on top of, using your finger, the pain in your throat (as if there’s something still stuck) will lessen or completely disappear

Thats a great preventative to the problem. And like u said very obvious. But not much of a solution for when the problem has already or is currently happening. We are passed preventing it. The burning throat is here. We are looking for a solution to rix it. Lol

35 yo irish/german drinker since 12.

This happens to me every time i throw up. What I've found is to just bear through the pain of so many bites of whatever food you want. Spicy or pasty doesn't matter. It hurts like a b***h but eventually the inflammation and pain will subside. If you can't tolerate the pain that long(which i wouldn't blame you) then stick to yogurt for a few days. It hurts for 5-10 minutes but it does work and you will be able to eat whatever you want from then on.

Know it may sound crazy but it works. At least for me. Burnt my mouth from drinking too heavy because my cat died just last night and now im eating spicy mexican food no problem.

I love this thread...currently suffering from all the symptoms right now

I've dealt with this before and am going through it again 2 days out from drinking 3 quarters of a half gallon of vodka. On Friday, I vomited at least 15 times and all I could do was try to keep myself comfortable. I found laying on my side was best while keeping head and shoulders slightly elevated. I used a cup to expel most of my saliva, since it's acidic. I took small sips of cold, but not ice cold water down. I limited my exposure to bright light and tried not to change the focal length of my eyes too much. I managed to keep about a half of a spring water bottle down.Take deep breaths to minimize the vomiting reflex and pain in chest. Yesterday I managed to get for bottles of water down. My body wanted more, but I didn't push it. I expelled my saliva and focused on staying in a comfortable position. Small quantities of food were kept down..crackers, hard boiled eggs and gelato. Sleep is still fragmented today, but I will continue focusing on hydration...also replacing electrolytes and getting small bites of mild food down. This whole process sucks.