It could very well be low stomach acid. It makes it harder to break down protein and causes slow digestion/imflammation/bloating. Using Betaine HCl has helped my bloating a lot. Typically, conventional doctors prescribe antacid for digestive problems and it simply makes the situation worse because it's a *lack* of gastric acid that needs to be compensated... Also, if you've had low stomach acid issues for long enough, you may have developed Candida, which exacerbates symptoms and may require taking anti-fungals.
Good luck!

Actually, C Diff is a bacteria that easily becomes immune to antibiotics, so when you take an antibiotic for a while, sometimes people will get a secondary, opportunistic C Diff infection that is cured by switching drugs. Usually, though, it is accompanied by diarrhea...so if you are not on antibiotics and are not experiencing diarrhea, it is probably not C Diff

I have low stomach acid, which causes food to sit there and fement and cause gas and makes me feel full. I take HCL for it, and never antiacids meds, as they would kill me physically. Dr.'s are totally messed up and hurt me by giving me anti-acids for this at first. I'm going to go to a naturopath from now on!

Bloats after eating anything and it takes 1-2 hours to get the gas out. Its been like this since i was a child i am now 32. Will digestive enzymes help?

I would get your gall bladder checked. Many of your symptoms point to that.

I'm 18, no where near as healthy as anyone else who has posted on here, but I have the same symptoms. No gas though. Just stomach swelling after eating. My doctor says it's just because of how thin I am, that any amount of food looks enormous in my small stature. I don't believe it though because it's very uncomfortable. I also look pregnant after eating, so naturally I refuse to be seen, because I'm not. I've tried almost everything over the counter for bloating. No luck. This has been going on for almost 6 years now.

I'm a 52 year old female with the same problems as some of you mentioned above. I eat very healthy and I'm in very good shape. I'm 5'0, weigh 125 pounds. Exercise daily, but over the last year, I started to develope this bloating, after eating or drinking a little of nothing. I had a sald, stomach blew up, one day I ate some carrots, same thing, I had a salad, same thing, no pain, but an extremely large amount of bloating and gas(burping). Please let me know what you think this could be. I'm going to make a doctors appointment and try to check it out. It's very abnormal to feel this way for no reason, it has to be something that's causing this.

I have just started having similar syptoms. A month ago after I had started to eat a meal(chinese food). My stomach swelled up and I had extreme pressure in my stomach. It felt like I was pregnant and in labor. This lasted all night until the next day. Well the same thing happened yesterday evening, but this time it was mexican food. I'm a vegetarian and try to eat good, but I do not always have the time to do so. Both times I just ate alittle food and suddenly I felt like I had over ate. At first I thought it was constipation, but now I think it must be something else.

You would do much better to research sites that actually give you the answers. Mayoclinic is one that comes to mind. There are a variety of things that could these symptoms. I've been suffering with the same. Food allergies was one thing I was looking at. IT IS IMPORTANT for WOMEN to note: IF this bloating is PERSISTANT, if you also have constipation PLEASE see your doctor and ask about an ultrasound specifically done to check for OVARIAN cancer. PLEASE don't just sit here and wait for someone to respond with an answer here. Do the searching on sites that tell you exactly what might be causing this. OVARIAN cancer is one of more life threatening so should not be ignored if the symptoms are PERSISTANT... this could mean the bloating goes down some but always comes back.. Do the searching, educate yourself.

If you are lucky, it is not cancer and maybe as simple as changing your diet and going for a vigorous walk to get the bowels going..no other excercise I can think of works as well as a good walk.

I have the same problems. stomach swelling after I eat or drink & I feel like i have over eaten to the point og gluttony. But I haven't. & sometimes my stomach is so swollen i looke like I am 9 months pg. This started after my 2nd back surgrey when I had gotten sick durning the swine flu thing & my dr didn't want to take any chances. So he put me on these high powerful antibo..that really made me sick while taking them. & I have been sick with my stomach everysince then. They checked me for H-ploria can't spell it. & I already have my gallbladder out. I am taking a Pro-biotic right now. Started 3 days ago from the advice of my son. If there is any difference I'll post. good luck everyone, & God Bless.

I have been experiancing the bloating stomach, headaches and lower abdominal pain. I am 39 5'7' 145 and have been told by a good that it sounds like wheat intolorance or Celiac disease. I am surprised that this did not come up in this conversation. The symptoms of Celiac and wheat intolorance are •Headache•Bloated stomach•Diarrhea•feeling Tired•Skin rashes.So please get checked for allergies.

Mine does this after eatting offending foods with the interstitial cystitis diagnoses. It does not always affect the bladder but the first sign will be aboutt 20 minutes after eating an offending food, I will swell up like the original poster mentioned. I try to chase it with Prelief and a bladder pain medicine to bring down the discomfort. For me the acids in tomatoes, and any other citric acid food or beverage will do me in. I have to avoid spicy ingredients like curries. I have to avoid almost all carbonated beverages and full caff. coffees. I can tolerate some decaff coffees. Sitting for long periods on car rides or at my computer desk area, will add stress and trigger more food reactions. Stress will make my offending foods trigger faster/longer reactions.

anonymous wrote:

cipro is a cause of something called c difficile
you might want to have your stool checked by your doctor.. just to make sure you don't have it

Cipro does not cause c difficle, it does however set your bowels up to be bring target of the disease. I had it. C Difficile is bad bacteria that are floating around hospitals, after taking an antibiotic for awhile, like Cipro or worse Clindamycin the intestines are cleaned out of all good bacteria and the bad stuff being C-Difficile can take hold. I had it for 8 months. It causes very frequent BM's that smell like death. I lost 40 lbs with the C Diff. Now that it has gone I am left with the bloating that you all speak of, and pain. Pain for not reason every day.

Anyone try kefir to increase the good bacteria after taking heavy doses of antibiotics?

louisj23 wrote:

This post is VERY similar to many others I have seen but slightly different so I thought I should post.
This did happen to me 2 years ago but was associated with severe cramps.
I am in very good health, 35 yrs, 12% body fat, 5'6", 150lbs,eat extremely healthy (daily consists of egg whites, yogurt, protein shakes, chicken/meat/fish, chili, brown rice, sweet potato, salad or other green veggies and that's really it). Exercise regularly.
After eating or even drinking anything especially towards the evening stomach becomes extremely swollen to the point where I look preggers and stomach is solid. It is actually more comfortable for me to push it out. No cramps or pain though. Gas is there (oral and flatulence) yet is not painful in anyway.
EX: tonight I had a salad with 1-2 Tbl lite ceasar dressing, 1/2 cup brown rice and 6 steak tips medium size and that was an hour and a half ago and I still look like I am in my third trimester.
Bacterial? Viral?
Thank you for reading

I have suffered for several years with this problem and my diet is excellent. Have you looked at the possibility of severe candida? You don't need to suffer with thrush to have a yeast problem. This could explain the swelling directly after eating food. I am going down this route now as all other attempts to cure the problem have failed. There are some good sites that offer dietary advice. Good luck