I was in A and E last night with severe pains in my stomach, also had a bloating feeling after tests and x rays they said I had a infected stomach wall. :'(

DEAR jlo, I have the same problem..so frustrating.

I am male 40 yrs old. I have the same problem but i am in tremendous pain with idegestion after i eat or lie down. By stomach also bloats and i look 6 monts pregnant. When i am in bed i am constantly waking up in agaony with idegestion in the chest area and throat. my stools are terrible as i can only manage a small stool when i pass. Need some help so im bookin an appointment today with my GP.

I am 35, 5'6", 135 lbs and have been experiencing bloating after pretty much every meal (no pain with it and not much gas...I just look like I'm pregnant and I feel very full after eating).  It seems worse now, though I've had this for many many years.  I am vegetarian and cut out dairy (for the most part) because it is much worse with dairy.  I eat really healthy overall.

I went to a ND and I take probiotics and dig. enzymes which helps.  I got tested for food allergies and a few came back (dairy, yeast, almonds, coffee, sesame seeds).  I avoid these foods for the most part but I will get bloated after I eat a healthy meal that I am not allergic to.

I recently got referred to a GI specialist and he said I might be swallowing air.  How does one swallow air, I have no idea... I am negative for celiacs and h.plyori.  I am supposed to get a colonoscopy done in the next few weeks, but I am not optimistic.

Any tips?

Guest wrote:

I have a problem with my stomach bloating after every mea and drink. And I have sever constipation,,Iv'e suffered with this for so long if it is any body out there that have experience this and found a cure for yourselves please respond to this letter. thanks..

yes they have to remove part of my stomach

Quote:

Did you ever get a answer from gp? Your symptoms almost mirror mine.

I am a 17 year old girl, and in very good shape. I am roughly 5'7 and about 135 lb. Over the past week, I have started to develop problems when I try to eat. This all started with me experiencing a complete loss of appetite, and a bloated feeling. When I try to eat, I feel uncomfortably full after a few bites. I eat healthy, and am usually able to eat large amounts of food, without feeling full or gaining weight, so naturally this is an alarming change. I have lost 7 lb over the past 5 days, and am concerned. I have an appointment with my doctor, but I would just like some peace of mind. Does anybody have any idea what could be going on in my body?

for the past month or 2 our family has been sick, and because of this every time I try to eat ANYTHING my stomach HURTS and i dont really wanna eat because of this, HELP PLEASE

Quote:

I'm 18, no where near as healthy as anyone else who has posted on here, but I have the same symptoms. No gas though. Just stomach swelling after eating. My doctor says it's just because of how thin I am, that any amount of food looks enormous in my small stature. I don't believe it though because it's very uncomfortable. I also look pregnant after eating, so naturally I refuse to be seen, because I'm not. I've tried almost everything over the counter for bloating. No luck. This has been going on for almost 6 years now.

Hi! I have the exact symptoms as you. I am 26 and 106lbs 5'1. I have been struggling with stomach distention for years and have recently just started seeing someone about it. My first doctor said I had low, lower abdominal muscles so whatever I eat my muscles don't hold my intestines in. Now I have been through so many tests and they all come back negative and I am beyond frusterated. I can't wear tight shirts without sucking in and some mornings I wake up when its flat and then the rest of the day it sticks out :( no one can help!!!

cut out dairy and gluten... all dairy and all gluten, you will need to check the ingredients in everything. you can replace dairy with almond milk, and use gluten free grains such as buckwheat, quinoa, millett, rice(brown basmati), i would not be medicating..it won't cure, you will get worse as the root of the issue is not solved. find a good naturo path(holistic) practitioner. :) all the best

louisj23 wrote:

This post is VERY similar to many others I have seen but slightly different so I thought I should post.
This did happen to me 2 years ago but was associated with severe cramps.
I am in very good health, 35 yrs, 12% body fat, 5'6", 150lbs,eat extremely healthy (daily consists of egg whites, yogurt, protein shakes, chicken/meat/fish, chili, brown rice, sweet potato, salad or other green veggies and that's really it). Exercise regularly.
After eating or even drinking anything especially towards the evening stomach becomes extremely swollen to the point where I look preggers and stomach is solid. It is actually more comfortable for me to push it out. No cramps or pain though. Gas is there (oral and flatulence) yet is not painful in anyway.
EX: tonight I had a salad with 1-2 Tbl lite ceasar dressing, 1/2 cup brown rice and 6 steak tips medium size and that was an hour and a half ago and I still look like I am in my third trimester.
Bacterial? Viral?
Thank you for reading

I have had the exact same symptoms my entire life and I am 48, 5'8 and 135lbs. I eat healthy, stay away from meats and too much milk products because these two items especially make me look like I am also in my 3rd trimester! I think I'm going to be one of those skinny old ladies who look prego. I had a colonoscopy 5 years ago and was told I have IBS with severe constipation. I have been on myrilax for 5 years and really watch what I eat and drink lots of water. I've tried several medications to relax the stomach muscles. Nothing makes a difference. My Dr. told me to try a probiotic supplement, maybe a bacterial issue. So off I go for the 30th time to try something different. I'll be 70 before I figure it out.

i have the same problem but fresh lemon squeezed into some cola relieves pressure better than prilosec.antacids seem to make me sick feeling.

Reponse to LauraMcC and jluch:

Have either of you found out what's wrong? I'm 39 and currently 145lbs/5'9". My problem started when I had C-Diff a year ago and I've looked 5-6 months pregnant ever since. I lost all muscle tone in my abs thanks to that swelling. I can't even suck in my gut anymore, but some mornings i look normal - until i eat or drink even the smallest amount. I dont have a gas issue, cut wheat in 2008, and have been generally dairy free my entire life. One of my doctors said i just need to do ab workouts for a long time and i'll be fine. She may be right, just wish i knew.

Quote:

I have now been on Align, an over the counter pro-biotic for 1 month and so far it has helped enough that I do not bloat up near as much. Though I have also cut out dairy as well. This is what my new Doctor recommended because she feels that it may be bacterial.
Looks like she may have been right.
This may not be for everyone but for me, my entire life has been about what not to eat or drink to keep my stomach happy.
Aha the belly beast has been beaten.

Guest wrote:

I have same problems .... but notice that potatoes, rice, sugar, yogurt, milk.... all cause the mose severe swelling. What's funny is that when I eat potatoes, I get very foul smelling gas, and my intestines swell up (indicated by pencil thin poop).

Its possible that this all started from use of powerful anti-biotic "Cipro", but I eat the yogurt to replace the good bacteria in my intestines, I get the stomach bloating problem.

Tried Lactaid for lactose intolerance. did not help with the other sugars, though.

I have done a 3 month long colon cleanse, drink aloe juice etc. Nothing helps except consuming digestive enzymes after eating. I use the ones from Market America- get it from a friend. Mix with water and drink after a meal... tastes like lemonade.

I still want to know what is causing the problems. What organs break down sugar?

My daughter has the same issues and has been dealing with it for over 2 years.
Have you made progress?