I am 48, had my tuck in 2011 and have exactly the same problems as all of you. Lower abdominal bloat that gets increasingly worse as the day goes on. Dairy kills me. Wheat kills me. I live on GasX and lactaid. I wake up fine and go to bed feeling like there is an ever expanding balloon running around my intestines. I love the result, but clearly this is an unaddressed problem.

Finally stumbled onto this thread!  I am 10 wks. post tt (TRAM actually) to reconstruct breasts following double mastectomy.  Tummy is flat if I lay on my back, but moments after standing, I feel my intestines moving and then the bulge right under my belly button.  I am still taking iron with stool softener and Myralax daily, and am still a bit constipated!  I am not feeling very confident about things improving much after reading all these posts!  Why don't the doctors tell us these things are likely to happen?  Very disappointed and wish I just had simple implants!

Same here. 48. Had tuck in 2011. Normal in morning, enormous by nightfall. Dairy, wheat and sugar destroy me.

Same here! TT w/abdominal tightening and lipo 1 year ago (jan 2014) and now live on constant stool softeners, heart burn, indigestion and gas relief remedies . Never had these problems before, started right after my surgery. I have tenderness/hard lump around my belly button- still cannot wear jeans and be comfortable 1 year later-- CRAZY! I'm the same size, but 4 pounds heavier. My measurements are the same as they were before surgery. PS says same thing " must of had an underlying condition before surgery". He wants to revise my TT and take more skin/lipo . I so badly want my stomach to be flat, but worried I'll have more problems ! Oh and the strangest thing, MY PANTS will not stay up now! It's like I have no Hips? I walk around all day pulling up my pants when I walk ( happens even with "skinny jeans" ) so annoying on top of constant pain, bloating, and constipation

I agree with you 100% and plastic surgeons won't admit it! I would not have chosen surgery if I knew I'd have all the GI problems -- but that's how they make their $$$$$$

I also am having similar symptoms post abdominoplasty for bilateral breast reconstruction. I don't have answers and am also undergoing testing to find a cause. But I do have an educated guess and a suggestion for everyone here. Have a B12 level drawn. If it is elevated, you can surmise you might have 'SIBO' or small bowel bacterial overgrowth. It makes sense related to the undeniable fact and normal consequence to have numbness/paralysis in certain areas post operative, which may or may not regenerate nerve endings. Therefore all of us have a 'sort of illeus' validated by typical symptomology. Issue is this means change in diet realizing that the small bowel will not evacuate as well. So far all my other tests are negative, which I expected. The test to do hoever is a HBT or hydrogen breath test.

How are you a fitness instructor and needed a tt. And I surprise they would give you a tummy tuck considering you said you want to have more children

You can be fit but still have loose skin. This is an uneducated response.

I am 2 months post tummy tuck and regret the surgery every day. I have abdominal cramping pain similar to a contraction throughout the day on the left side especially of my abdomen. Stretching helps very little. I don't want to live on muscle relaxers or pain medication.

Docs don't tell us because then they wouldn't make the $$. My PS gave me the impression that after 4-6 weeks, I would be "back to normal". I'm 2 months post tummy tuck and uncomfortable constantly. contraction of abdominal muscles hurts terribly (sharp pain) and I cannot imagine I can stay on muscle relaxers or pain medication forever. His comment, "drink a glass of wine and take a muscle relaxer and it will be alright".

• Pay attention to what you’ve been eating when the bloating occurs. This way, you can find out if a certain type of food (dairy, grain, etc.) is triggering it.
  • Slow down your eating pace and chew thoroughly.
  • Avoid spicy foods and others that can trigger acid reflux.
  • Reduce the sodium in your diet.
  • Increase the number of probiotics or fiber in your diet.
  • Avoid foods that are known to produce gas, such as Brussels sprouts, turnips, and beans.
  • Avoid chewing gum, smoking, or using straws. All of these activities can lead to swallowed air.
  • Drink more water. This advice only applies if you don’t drink much water normally. If you do, then increasing the amount could cause bloating rather than relieve it.

I had tt 5 months ago and just started having acid reflux, never had this before. I eat and where my incision is feels tight but I don't get that full feeling. I have even vomit a couple of times. Does the digestive system slow down? Sometimes it feels like I had gastric bypass. I am glad I had my done the extra skin I had was so ugly and I was not comfort with my body. I just glad to know I am not alone.

I having all there problems. Going to doc soon only thing help some is lemon boil lemon and honey tea. Help pass air in My stomach and woke up it was down. But I am going to doc this week.

How are you doing now? Did you find anything out ?

Your definitely not alone