I am 69 yrs young and I had a TT in May 2017 and I am now 8 months Post op and I am having severe pain around my belly button and the area feels so hard It is so so painful and my PS said it has NOTHING to do with my surgery...I do not believe this as I have had every test and scans done and my health is excellent but this pain will NOT go away Its hard for me to stand or walk without my muscles aching and to even touch the area still feels numb its been 8 month I can not live like this Please someone Help me..One person told me to go to physical therapy for treatment but it did not even help they put a gel on my stomach just like they do for a sonagram it was a waste of money each treatment was over 175 for 10 minutes
HELP PLEASE

Kati,
I had a tummy tuck 4 months ago.
I, too, have similar problems as you have explained. I feel my tummy tuck is way too tight. I wonder if the tummy tuck can affect my intestines? I have been dealing with bloating, and never ending cycle of diarrhea and constipation. I do not have a sense of well being. A half hour after i eat anything, it passes right through me. I asked my surgeon if the tummy tuck can cause the symptoms i suffer from. He responded that the tummy tuck usually doesnt cause my symptoms. I am so frustrated. Have any advice?Thank you for sharing your story. It made me feel i am not alone.

Kati,
I wrote you a note but neglected to sign my name.
My name is Joyce

Try linzess. You aren't emptying your bowels due to tightness..this will help

I have similar issues. Bloating and constipation. TT a year ago. Only started after procedure. Constipation is bad. I have been trying to keep up with what foods make it worse. So glad to know I’m not crazy. I was starting to think so many other things. But my food is not digested the same as before. It has to be due to the procedure.

Hello everyone. I had my to done for my 50th B-Day. I have had constipation for about 6mo. I am 6mo post surgery. I have bloating and numbness. I don't know when I am going to have bowel movements as my normal urge and sensation are not the same. I just have a real sharp stabbing pain deep in my gut. I have the bad bloating too. I am still experiencing numbness to areas of my stomach, just above belly button to the incision site above my pubic area and in general center af abdominal cavity. I see my PS today. I hope to get some answers but he said same, not related to him. I went to improve my looks outside and left feeling bad inside.

Hello ladies! On July 12, 2018 I had a tummy tuck. I was 51 then and had diastasis pretty bad. Lots of people thought I was pregnant. The diastasis was high, above the belly button. Anyway, initially I was happy. My stomach looked flatter, I could wear more fitted tops, I looked way better. However, now as time has gone on I’ve noticed bloating. I’m rounder looking in the belly. In the mornings i seem to look my best but as the day goes on I bloat. A few months ago my plastic surgeon said that I had to either 1) lose weight, 2) exercise to strengthen muscles, or 3) try a colon cleanse. He also mentioned that it must be natural to me. In other words, the way that I am before the diastasis and surgery. After reading all of your posts I have come to realize that it’s NOT ME but rather the surgery did “something!” I don’t know how, or what but I’m very disappointed.