I was diagnosed with moderate endo in 1995 after having a 11cm(!)chocolate cyst removed. After 6 years of nursing I didn't want to take the drugs or more surgery(People I saw in my job usually had recurrance quite quickly). I thought my body has made this so it can get rid of it. I'd have vomiting strength pain and fainting with periods and chronic back pain.
I looked into herbs and diet. I took agnus castus to regulate hormone production. I took calendula tea 3 x day for its anti inflammatory, healing qualities.
I radically changed my diet. No caffiene, NO junk- refined carbs, additives, sugar.
I changed to soya milk(inhibits oestrogen) and ate massive amounts of essential fatty acids(oily fish 4xweek, ground linseeds, pumpkin, sunflower seeds) I took 2g day evening primrose oil. 1 dessertspoon hemp seed oil as salad dressing. Ate a diet heavily based around friut and vegetables, wholegrains, beans and lentils, minimal animal fat.
I dropped 5kg in weight from this.
My endo symtoms disappeared in 6 months.
12 years later I'm still well- except if I get into bad habits of diet for a couple of months(particulaly in the middle of winter) then I might get a bit of menstrual pain.
I know that this approach works, I'm now a Medical Herbalist and I see women regulaly with similar stuff and if they put in the work they ALL get better.

I am 7 weeks pregnant with endo. I have been spotting for two weeks now. Not heavy enough to even show up on a pad. However just from reading the post it seems that most women with endo spot during the pregnancy. Does anyone know why. I was worried had a u/s and everything was fine. Next u/s 9/14. Good Luck Everyone

Okay, I am pregnant six weeks along. I am 25 and have had two miscarriages. The doctor sent the baby off for testing and said there were no genetic problems, it just happened. We knew from the beginning that my hormones were not going up properly and the heart beat was low. I miscarried in March around 10 weeks. I have a great doctor and he was honest with me from the beginning. Well, I am pregnant now and went for my ultrasound at five weeks six days. He said my hormones were going up like they should. My progesterone was good at 20.3, but he wanted me to still take some vaginally just to play it safe, and he said the ultrasound looked great at that point. The heart beat was 109. I thought that was low, but he said it is not low at all in the fifth week, but it should go up by the sixth week. I also had a Pap Smear. He warned me I could spot. I began spotting the next day which was yesterday. I am also feeling a little crampy. I called them and they said it was from the pap. I also have a little yeast infection which I have heard can cause spotting. I have Endo and my doc said it isnt causing me to miscarry and i am fortunate to get pregnant three times. I am just nervous because I am spotting some and cramping some. Has anyone else spotted after a pap or after taking vaginal progesterone??? Doc said so far so good, but I am scared of this cramping and spotting. Anyone else have similar story??

Ok, I have endometriosis and have had two miscarriages. The Doc said my endo had nothing to do with it. The second pg they monitored me closely and told me from the beginning my hormones were not going up properly. Then the u/s showed the heart beat was 90 beats and low. We prepared that I would miscarry which I did four weeks later. So, Now I am pg again. The doc said my hormones went up properly, my progesterone was good at 20.3 although he still prescribed vaginal progesterone to play it safe. And then we had the ultrasound. He said it looked good this time. At 5weeks 6 days the heart beat was 109. I asked if that was low, he said not at all in the fifth week. I am scheduled to have ultra sounds once a week and he said next week the heart rate should go up. Ok, so I had a pap smear two days ago and he warned me of spotting, which the next day I was spotting brownish color and cramping some. I have cramped off and on from the beginning, but he said it was from my cyst. Is it really normal to spot after a pap smear. I still had a little bit today. Very faint. I also have a yeast infection and am using vaginal progesterone. Can this mess with your cervix and make you spot?
Any similar stories?

Any similar stories?

Any similar stories?

8-|

I AM SO SORRY, SOMEHOW I PUT MY POST ON HERE LIKE FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. I DIDNT MEAN TO DO THAT!! LOL!! OH BUT I DID CALL MY DOC B/C I AM STILL HAVING SLIGHT SPOTTING. SHE SAID VAGINAL PROGESTERONE WILL CAUSE SPOTTING AS WELL AS YEAST INFECTION.

Hi, I only have one ovary since i was six yrs. old. Recently i've been diagnosed with endometriosis. Been trying to get pregnant for 6 months. I have undergone surgery already and it's been 3 months but my doctor hasn't given me any meds to help me get pregnant. I want to know if there's still ways for me to get pregnant. ThANks.

I have endo tried meds to get preg. counted days heck stood on my head after sex.Ive had 5 lacro surgerys.Finally l was told ivf was my only hope.. due to the cost that was out of my reach.We basically gave up the trying.the last time I had surg. they did a d&c.Not to get preg just as a treatment.That was in may. I just found out I'm preg. no counting no drugs even unaware for the most part of ovulation.I really think that the d&c did it.I don't know if if would work for you but I truly believe it was the d&c.I really really tried for five years then after the d&c boom. Hope this helps a little or at least gives you hope.I had no hope then out of the blue.........

alright so im in the same boat, i have terrible pain, to the point i don't want to get out of bed, my husband wants to always take me to the hospital everytime i get to the point that i can't move, and nothing seems to want to help the pain. i've had two surgerys and also done lupron shots, this last surgery they cut my nerves to my anus and cervixs, but it didn't work. my doc told me the next step is to either get preg. or do lupron again, i didn't mind lupron to much just took bout 3 months to work and on top of that i was only on it for 6 months. the shot was suppose to work for 5 years but whatever. i can't do much of anything and it makes me soo depressed b/c my body isn't fit anymore. i hope that i'm preg. now but i don't want to stay in pain i just want it to stop.

I dont know what to say. I have read most of these messages and feel terrible for everyone of us women who have endometriosis. I am also relived to find out that I am not alone. I can relate to most of these messages however, my story has a few twists and turns. I had a laperoscopy when I was young and come to find out lots of cysts. Later on after life had kicked me around, I re married and six months afterwards was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer. It wasn't a small tumor that I had in my left kidney it was tumors with Cycsts embedded aroudn and inside the kidney. It was completely removed and I did not need medication nor kimo for it. It was found by accident due to the fact that I was really supposed to get checked for problems in my abodmen lots of pain everytime I ate or had intercourse. It was caught on time but after that every type of problem began to appare in my body. I still was not feeling good so I went to a Gastro where I then had a colgneoscopy done. There the found out I had IBS so I was put on Zoloff which helped temperarly yet, still I didn't not understand why I was getting so bloated and so sick everytime I would get my period. I then went to my GYNO and due to my history it was determind that we do a laperoscopy again. After that surgery I was told I had Endmeteriosis but not in the uterus nor the ovaries around my cologne, bladder and maybe some next to my only kidney. If someone could only understand what I would go through every month during my periods. My IBS would flair because of my endometriosis put pressure on my bladder and my only kidney. Not only was I suffering from pain but depression kicked in beyond belief. NOTHING was working for me..I had tried everything but also didnt want to try somethings because my body regects anything that is not normal to it. Then I started getting major Pelvic pains, I mean I felt like I was older than what my age really is 34. My GYNO could do anymore for me and honestly felt helpless and then asked me if I was ever going to get pregnant? I really didnt want to get pregnant because I had suffered a great deal from my last marrage with depression and being sick but knew that my present husband really wanted at least one child. My GYNO said, "that during pregnancy endometeriosis becomes doormant and after wards it may or may not come back. I was like WOW, that sounds great but I really had to think everything through for a while...long while especially since my health has been really kicked around. Finally, I mentally prepared to go ahead and have a baby. I was able to do so since my endo is outside of my uterus so for me to get pregnant wasnt so complicated. Well, I just want to say for those of you who are pregnant with Endo or are planning to get pregnant just note that my pregnancy has been MISREABLE!!!!! I wish I could kick myself for going down this route. Eventhough everything is great with the baby, I tell you that I have had everything under the sun but the worsed part is the PELVIC/PUBIC bone pain. I can hardly walk and sleeping is a nightmare. My Pelvic/Pubic bone feels like it is being hammered and stretching every minute. The pain is similar to the pelvic pain I was getting before getting pregnant just 100 times worse. Eventhough they say this is normal...I dont believe it. I know for a fact that this is my Endometeriosis KILLING ME and adding more to the symptoms of being pregnant. Honestly, I pray that after the baby comes out that maybe my endo will subside, but who knows??? In addition to the pelvic pain I have terrible back pain because during my Kidney surgery, I was given an epidural with Morphen running through the same spot. I had suffered a great deal from the back pains after my surgery more so than the surgery itself...and now while being pregnant I cant begin to tell you the amount of pain. I just want to say that if you are considering having a baby because your GYNO said it is for the best please remember that may not be completely true. I dont know what level of endo I have and a hysterectomy wont work for me because the endo is out of my uterus and ovaries. The only thing that somewhat helps is to excersize and eat right but other than that hoplessness. I dont know if my situation may help anyone feel that they are not alone especially if they have all these synptoms as I do, but something is better than nothing. I do pray that doctors can find a better alternative for us so that we can move on with our lives.

We are around 5 weeks pregnant and were in the ER last night for bleeding and cramping. Although both have been mild to moderate, we're afraid we've already lost the baby. It helps to read your posts and as I'm reading them to my husband he's saying, "they sound like you". Alhtough I'm sorry for you all, it is much relief to know I am not alone out there. I have no idea what this cramping is and as we speak is getting worse. I'll go to the doctor on monday and see what they say.

I had the same problem. I have had cramping my entire pregnancy, and I went to my doctor a week ago and was given Phenergan oral tabs. Then I started spotting and mod cramping which made me go to the ER last Sat. I followed up with my doctor today, and he is ruling out an ectopic pregnancy. My hormone levels have been doubling, so that is something I would recommend checking every 2-3 days. Also, a transvaginal ultrasound can help rule out ectopic pregnancy. But the most interesting this was when my doctor asked if I ever suspected I had endo. Funny thing is that I left my old doctor because she blew off my questions. I have always had heavy periods, and I feel so sick at that time. I can barely bend over, and antacids dont help. Laying on my stomach or taking Advil (anti-inflammatory) helps. But now that I am pregnant I feel better knowing there are other women out there with my symptoms, and I have hope I am not having an ectopic pregnancy or having a miscarriage.

I found out a few years ago I had endo after suffering the worst cramps all throughout my teenage years and bad side pains. I've already been on 1 round of Lupron and 1 laproscopy. I'm about to head for round 2 of Lupron and hopefully no surgery. Currently on bc pills and hoping to wait another 2-3 yrs for babies.

I'm about to be 24 and not ready for kiddos yet as I'm a newlywed.. i also don't want to miss my chance. Any advice? How long did it take for you all to conceive?

.

Don't fear. If you truly have endometriosis, the pain should ease up and possibly disappear at least during the pregnancy. The hormones that fuel the endometriosis growth and life of the implants are decreased during pregnancy. I was told by my OB/GYN that 9-months of pregnancy will do naturally what a 6-month treatment of Lupron would do but better. Stay positive. I have heard testimonies where women who have had babies find that their endo is in complete remission following birth. Try a candida diet and exercise. They have really helped me.