Hi i also have endimitrosis im 20 years old getting married April 12 and just found out im pregnant. So i was wondering what to expect i've had terrible periods since i was 12 that got worse and ive had already 2 surgeries none of which worked. I was told there was no way for me to get pregnant and i DID :-P im so happy but im also terrified what shoud i expect.

Well, I am not sure what to tell you but that I am also pregnant and have all signs/symptoms of endo. I was supposed to have a lap. this week but found out I was preg. 3 weeks ago. I am 7 weeks preg. and have been in constant cramping pain! I hope it will go away for the 2nd trimester but I am not sure!
I noticed some ppl. asking this question years ago- if you are still out there- how did it go?

I am not pregnant but have been trying for several months now. I have had endometriosis for the last 15 year. I was on Depo Lupron for 8 years and I am now trying to get pregnant. Being off all of the medication and trying not to take any at all has been very hard and extremely painful. I have tried it all, but if you can afford it try acupunture. It is quite incredible. It doesn't get rid of all of my pain but it brings me from a 10 down to a 4. Meaning I can carry on somewhat of a normal life.
I am now on Clomid and tried IUI and I am not pregnant yet. Endometriosis and getting pregnant are such mind games. Good luck to all of you who are pregnant I wish you the best and I hope to add my story someday soon!

Hi I am 21 and 33 weeks pregnant. I had horrible pain during intercourse and up to a week after. I believe you woman have it worse mine was pretty much just during intercourse, but when it was hit it would make me jump it felt like I was just stabbed. Now that I am pregnant it seems to be getting worse. I do not feel it during intercourse anymore, but it is the same pain I know it is the same thing. I use to have to dig in the side of my left hip to explain where the pain was to the doctor, but now I can just poke the side of my pregnant belly and it is more sensative than ever. I have been check for everything else before pregnancy and nothing so Endo is what it has to be they say. But can't be 100% unless surgery is done. I mention it to the doctor and they say that Endo is going to go away during pregnancy and dismiss it. They say it is probably my ligiments streching, but no I know what that feels like on the other side its not the same. I just hope that nothing will go wrong with my pregnancy. My baby boy is due soon. Good Luck to all of you I feel fortunate that I can have children. I just wanted to share my story.

Hi! I am 33 and 6 wks pregnant. I had a lap when I was 19 yrs old, pretty bad endo. Got pregnant within two weeks of going off the pills when I was 24. I had a very healthy, pain-free pregnancy and a healthy baby girl. So, I can say that it is possible! My endo has slowly came back and I had another laperoscopy scheduled when I found out that I was pregnant again. This time seems to be a little different though, I have had some cramping, pretty bad a times and I'm just hoping that everything will go well. The Dr says that the cramping is very normal. I've had no bleeding. I'm crossing my fingers!!

I was diagnosed with endometriosis almost 10 years ago and have had 4 surgeries since to remove cysts and blood out of my culdesac. I was doing great up to 20 weeks pregnant and am now having lots of pain at 23 weeks. I am taking tylenol 3 for pain control, prescribed by my doctor and specialist. If I was further long in the pregnancy they would deliver early. Having pain is extremly bad for you and the baby! I refused pain medication at first but was advised by specialist, surgens, and my family doctor to accept the pain medication. Smoking cigarettes is actually worse for the baby than taking pain medication and just look at the majority of women who smoke and their baby is born ok.

I had severe pain from the time that I started my period at the age of 11. When I was 23 I found out that I was pregnant and I had my daughter. A couple months later I had to be rushed to the hospital for severe pain and I thought I was pregnant again, turn out after cat-scans and 2 ultrasounds I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. I had a surgery to remove ovarian cyst and scar tissue. Now 3 years after my surgery and 3 years of continous birth control pills, I have stopped all birth control to try to get pregnant again. Any suggestions?? :D
I went to my doctor today for a consultation and he said if I had one pregnancy without trying I shouldn't have any problem and if I dont get pregnant within 6months come see him again. I HAD SEVERE ENDOMETRIOSIS! MY DOCTOR SAID HE HADN'T SEEN A CASE BEFORE MINE BEFORE AND I HAD A VERY HEALTHY PREGNANCY!!

Well my story is much like everyone else's.
Ive had endo for 15 years and had so many different treatments and surgery's over the years.
We started trying for a baby almost 2 years ago and after a year or so we got prescribed Clomid.That didnt work either!!!
We just had our first ICSI/IVF and im pleased to say im pregnant!!! YEY!!
Im still taking the progesterone pessaries as per my ICSI/IVF protocol, But im only just pg as my LM Period was 06/07/08.
Ive been awoken tonight by doubling stomach pains much like my normal endo period pains( which is due 2moro) and after reading your posts im thinking the pain is caused by the endo perhaps bleeding inside beings its the 1st month of pg and it was still growing before i got pg so has to cause pain?????
God please let everything be ok, ive never managed to get pg before & after going through injecting god knows how many hormones into myself for over month i really hope my endo doesnt stop our dreams.......

i am 7 weeks had endo for few years after my last child. dihydracodiene very good but such strong pain killer no good when pregs. i asked midwife and got told to take paracetamol to which i replied if that had of worked i wouldn't have gone on dihydracodiene. all i can say is as much rest as poss, nice warm baths but none are 100%. it is poss that it may ease off during pregnancy or go completely but no guarentee. really soz i know exactly how you feel i feel awful nearly all day every day. pain worth while in end.good luck. x

hi! you sound exactly like me! i have moderate to severe enometriosis, my husband and i were going to try having children after my needles were done to help maintain it all and clear it up a bit. when i got my periods back normally about 4 months in i couldn't stand the pain anymore!! my specialist had told me that being pregnant is pretty much a 9 month cure, and we were planning on trying but i ended up pregnant from the get-go, so we are very greatful for that. im in a lot of pain still and i was scared incase of miscarriage so i watch for any bleeding. ive had an ultrasound and everything is okay with the baby. im hoping that this pain will lighten up abit as im not ovulating, it must just take a little more time, since im only on my 10th week. and i have the exact morning sickess right before i found out! it was pretty steady for about a month and a half then off and on and still going through that... i feel for ya!
hopefully you will be feeling much better in a bit!!!
good luck with everything. isn't it nice to not be alone in this situation??

you've probably passed that point when you had the most pain, when you posted your message it was june or july 29. i was going to say, keep your feet off the ground (although useless docs never seem to have the courage to suggest anything for definite) it helped me in great deal. i had the same thing, bleeding and aweful cramping in the first couple of weeks. i still have occasional pain (in my 9th week now) but no bleeding and the pain is not constant. i am going to say this though, i have not seen a doc here in US (changed about 3 docs by now and going to change again) who could diagnose me. my cousin who lives in Turkey got diagnosed by going through multiple blood tests. in the end they came up with two possibilities then eliminated one and diagnosed her with endo without surgery. they put her on birth control pills for three months, at the end of three months she felt better, got off the pill and got pregnant. her doc wanted to c section on her to clean up the endo tissues during her delivery. which she agreed and she was a mom and pain free after that. i understand docs are afraid of lawsuits and want to make sure when they dianose they are right...i agree with that.. but the medical system really bad enough to make you suffer for months and months before you get diagnosed. it is sad. im complaining i know but i've read so many stories like yours and i cannot believe that women can be desperate to find treatment in US. i think we need to keep pushing the issue, keep pushing our doctors to do the diagnosis better and definitely faster.

Hi im 18, I've Just found out im pregnant and I've got Endo.. So i would just like to know if this is something i need to worry about during pregnancy..should i tell my GP? and will it change anything with my pregnancy?.. Will Endo make me High risk?.. Please Help?

Thanks Jade

Hi there, I am 32 years old and last year found that I have Endometriosis,, I one Lap surgery, My geno told me that if I want baby I will have to go for the IVF, otherwise its difficult. However; I wasn't in peace and then I did some research and found that a good vegitarian diet and yoga will resolve the Endo problem, the following site has all the information regarding diet,,
http://www.endo-resolved.com/index.html

I am pregnant now and sometimes I have little bit pain, but the diet halps me and I hope it will help you as well....Good Luck.....

I discovered I have Endo early this year after visiting infertility doctor, a year's trying.

Now I'm 9 weeks pregnant, Endo is about 9 cm, and I'm now experiencing severe pain. More than I've ever experienced, which is usually during menstrual cycle.

Good thing is baby is okay. Doctor said it's okay to take OC Tylenol, and prescribed me Vicodin too for severe pains. Tylenol doesn't help too much.. I'm wondering if I will have this continued pain throughout the pregnancy...?

DR also said she had a patient with 10 cm Endo, gave birth, had to do C-Section cuz of breached baby, but then found her Endo had completely disappeared. She could see where it was before on the wall but the mass was gone. Hopefully, same will happen to me and this pain will be only for first trimester especially since I'll be on my second trimester few more weeks, referencing this article: http://www.endometriosis.org/endometriosis_pregnancy_breastfeeding.html

Greatly appreciate you guys sharing, good to know I'm not alone, please update your status too.

To all who have voiced their concerns and pain...I know exactly what you're going through! I have dealt with severe endometriosis for 10 years now, i am 23. Until a year ago it was said that I would never have a child and I almost had a hysterectomy. You can get pregnant, however, I suffered three miscarriages and my pregnancy, now 34 weeks is unbearable! You think endometrial pain is bad just wait! Unfortunately at this time, there is no cure or real treatment for endometriosis. Birth control can help reduce the hormones, but I have found that being on a certain one only last for about 6 months before I have to change to another. Lupon injections can sometimes be effective but they make you extremely sick and did not work for me. Progestrerine treatments have also been known to be effective, but I developed an allergic reaction. However, I found relief with a special diet and exercise, that's how I got pregnant in the first place. The book is published by Vanderbilt University and it is truly ensightful and it works!
I have been on bed rest now for 7 1/2 weeks and hopefully will be induced in 13 days. Hopefully this has helped somewhat for those out there....this is a horrible life dehabilitating disease.