I am now nine weeks and have endo. Surprisingly, I have been experiencing almost no cramping or any of my other endo symptoms.

Hi I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and with twins!! I have had endometriosis prob. since high school. I haven't had any severe pain during early pregnancy but I also know that I deal with pain much better than most. I also have scleroderma so I deal with a lot. I think some women should focus on being happy while pregnant and forget about all the bad things or the pain. Ive been through alot before being pregnant and thank God that I actually got pregnant. I had laproscopic surgery to clean me out and unblock my fallopian tubes which is really when I found out that I had endo for sure. I always had a feeling I did. I got pregnant on "accident". I really didn't think surgery would make a difference in fertility. But I was def. wrong!! But I am super exited and happy and I think because of my great attitude towards life now, God has blessed me with two!! (I used to be really depressed and complain everyday about chronic issues and worrying about dying due to a terrible auto-immune disease that's rare, but I have changed my thinking drastically) I remember that last period I had before getting pregnant was so so bad. I actually was having contractions. Tons of low back pain and couldn't move around or walk but i managed to when I had to. I luckily have had no pain similar to that but I did have cramping early on and sharp pains but that to me is a breeze. Ive grown accustomed to pain in my body that certain things just don't phase me like Im sure it might with someone else. I still go to work. Just this past weekend I had severe stomach pain related to my scleroderma. Couldn't touch my lower stomach without it hurting. Had lots of trouble walking. Still went to work though and it eventually got better. My point is is that even if your find yourself in terrible pain sometimes, just remember that it actually could be alot worse. For instance, patients dying from cancer. And of course labor won't be fun, but with the right mind set, it eases that pain and some women have pain free labor. Its so easy to complain and getting worried about it only makes it that much worse. Your mind really is a powerful thing. you really can overcome a lot of pain if you focus on other things. Which is what I have to do sometimes because of so many issues that I know not many people really know what its like. Endometriosis is only one nuisance I deal with along with heart issues, joint and muscle pain, stomach pain, gerd, weakness, neurological symptoms, migraines, tight uncomfortable itchy skin, and other things. I know ive gone on and on but I get irritated by women who complain so much about little issues when they should feel blessed and happy to be pregnant. And if endometriosis is all you have to deal with, again feel blessed. If you can't learn to deal with it will you every be happy? Or are you going to complain about it the rest of your life? There's millions of people who deal with chronic pain or other more severe issues and without pain medicine. THe difference? SOme complain, others act like they're completely healthy. I work with a woman who's 40 and has had a kidney transplant and has had kidney failure still. She has had type 1 diabetes since a teen and deals with a lot but she is one of the happiest people I know. So endo? IS that really something to complain about? And I have had severe pain from it so I do know what it like. Cysts the size of golfballs and bleeding for 10 days and contractions. But at least it only comes around once a month. Better than everyday for life. Anyway, I guess since I am pregnant, Im ranting on, but I want women to realize that being pregnant is a miracle and a blessing. And those of you who are still trying, keep a positive attitude. It will happen. But don't focus on the enod, but on your pregnancy. You have a new life coming into the world soon, and your going to come second. No one likes to hear complainers. It depresses the people around you. Because they know there is nothing that they can do to help you so why make them feel bad?? Is that fair? Just having some support is all I need. I don't need anyone to truly understand and honestly, the way I see it, better me than my loved ones. Well good luck to all women out there and try to be happy especially if you are pregnant!! LIfe is a miracle and if you do believe in something greater than you def. know that it is!

Thank you for sharing your experiences -- many of these posts are extremely inspiring and show impressive strength and bravery. I'm a person of faith and will keep you in my prayers. I just had a laparascopy to treat endo and am hoping for the best. Thank you again for making me more aware. May angels attend each of you and may you be comforted and healed.

I have had endo for about 15 years i am now 30. I have had 2 surgeries and have done lupron therapy. I was told the same this by doctors that it would be very difficult to get pregnant or even impossible so my husband and I decided to just go off the BC pill and see what happens since we thought it would take awhile. I got pregnant the NEXT month!! I was surprised but happy but have been having constant severe cramping but (no bleeding). Doctors really dont seem to know anything sometimes. I was told the same thing in the pregnancy would make my pain go away temporarily but it definately has not. It has actually intensified it. My doctors thought I had an ectopic or abdominal pregnancy or that I was miscarrying, but so far everything has been OK although I am only about 5 weeks. I sure hope the pain gets better!!!!!!!!!! I cant imagine dealing with this for 9 months. Don't get me wrong I am so happy it was possible but the pain is really tough. Good luck to all.

im also pregnant and have severe endometriosis, it does hurt like hell and i find the only real way to ease the pain is to try and walk, if not walk then try to stretch out as much as possible! i hope this helps x

hi, I'm 4 weeks in my pregnancy and im feel alot of pain. I had some spotings around 2-3 weeks in my pregnancy. the spotting stop however i'm still feeling the pain. I had a miscarriage on 14/2/07. At that time i was bleeding not spooting for 2 weeks and the doc told me it was normal. I glad thet the spotting stop this time. do you thing i should go to the doctor now for a check up of wait untill the baby's
heart starts beating (next 2 Weeks)

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis about a year ago and since then have been on the b/c pill called Yasmin.
This pill has been a blessing. All my symptoms stopped and it actually helped releive and PMS symptoms I would have normally gotten.

I just recently went of the pill to see about getting pregnant. It only took us one month and we were able to conceive.

I am about 5 weeks along and have noticed some significant bleeding. It only happened once and I have bled since. I don't know if this is a miscarriage or if this is from my endometriosis.

Is it common to bleed with endometriosis during pregnancy or am I just having wishful thoughts that maybe this pregnancy is still fine?

If anyone has any words of wisdom, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks. ? ?

I am 23 with endo for several years and have had 1 laparoscopy performed at 2 1/2 years ago. I took my first inj. of the Depo BC in March 2008 and starting to try to get prego shortly after that. I am now 6 weeks Prego. It took me 13 months to get prego. The pain 13 months ago was bad but after waiting that long to get prego I am in a lot of daily pain with the changes going on in my body. I would say that you should beable to have a baby it just depends if you are ready and if you are willing to wait for it. You never know Endo grows different for everyone you may not have a problem at all getting prego.

I am 36 years old and it is somewhat comforting to see that I am not alone in experiencing pain and suffering from endometriosis.

It has taken my partner and I five years to conceive and I am finally 16 weeks pregnant. I guess my age combined with severe endo, had a lot do with it taking so long.

I have had 3 surgeries (laporoscopies) to clear out a lot of the endometrial tissue and one of the surgeries was fairly major, where my organs had begun 'sticking' together in a large mass from the endo. It all had to be surgically separated. Because of the severity of this, I gather that I have probably had endo for at least 15 years.

It seems to be such a common problem amongst women, most people I speak to know of at least one or two other women who are affected.

Since finding out I had endo; I have tried to keep it under control, with the help of a very professional, specialist gynaecologist; Professor Peter Maher in East Melbourne. As there seems to yet be no real cure for endo, my advice is to please see a professional Doctor who specialises in the treatment of this unfortunate disease. I visited many GPs and other Doctors at public hospitals with my problems and I felt after a bunch of routine tests were performed; I would be turned away, saying everything seems ok. I was misdiagnosed in a public hospital - The Royal Melbourne & was told I was probably constipated when instaed I was internally bleeding due to a ruptured cyst. Once Id had a scan,I was rushed into emergency surgery & told they may have to remove an ovary...I absolutely REFUSED to allow this, knowing it would decrease my chances of falling pregnant even more so.

So, I also advise you to always ask questions, get a second opinion & try to avoid having any of your organs removed unnecessarily; many doctors seem quite happy & gung ho to using the knife when there are alternatives.

Dr Peter Professor Maher is a world renound specialist and expert on endometriosis; however he is highly sought after, so if you can not get in to see him, there are many other specialists in this field...they know the deal & should treat you with the respect you deserve.

I have also tried Chinese herbs which my Doctor was happy for me to try, believing in the ideal ' whatever works." I had to stop because it was getting costly to do both at the same time, however and excellent Chinese herbalist to see is Steven Clavey. He treats many women with endo.

Look after yourself & trust your instinct too!

Angel.

is there anything i can do to help me become pregnant i have both PCOS and endometriosis

I feel not so alone after reading many of the postings tonight. I have been feeling pretty desperate.
I am only 3 weeks pregnant and have endometriosis, diagnosed 15 years ago. I started getting awful pain at the same time my period should have started...but no bleeding. I have had an ultrsound saying that I have and interauterine pregnancy...so no ectopic...but I am having dull aching pain constantly with intermittent disabiling pain. I comes on suddenly and sharp in my abdomen and radiates into my back...I get pressure in my bottom like I am going to have diarrhea. I also get shakey and weak in my knees. At the longest the sharp pain has stayed for one hour. I have tried Tylenol, Ibuprofen, heat, ice, hot bathe, pacing. I am not constipated. This pain constatntly wakes me from my sleep. I haven't been able to sleep more than two hours at a time without being awoken by pain. I feel like my doctor thinks I'm a real wimp.
Has anyone found anything to help relieve the pain?????

I really need some help and am hoping someone can. I was diagnosed with endometriosis after a laporoscopy in February. I had excruciating back pain for years and had been on birth control, but it just wasn't enough. My surgeon told me to go back on bc after the surgery, but the pain persisted. She then put me on seasonique to have a "mock" menopause, but the side effects were so great that I stopped taking them. That was June 5. On June 6 I had a normal period. My husband and I are wanting to start a family, so I thought I'd just try and go off the pills. We had sex during my supposed ovulation period and today this horrible, doubled over pain started in my back again. It's June 22, so I know this can't be due to ovulation. I'm assuming that I'm not pregnant and that these are signs of a period starting. Will I ever be able to try and conceive without horrible pain? This is unbearable and I've been to 8 doctors over the past year and feel that nobody is listening. I just want to be a mom and I don't want to go through all of this pain. HELP!

My doc is wonderful and knows everything about endo. I wonder where some of you are so you can come to see her in Kansas City! I am 6 weeks preggo today and I have horrible cramps, just like I was on my period all of the time. I got pregnant with IVF as the endo kept me from being able to naturally. I am glad that I am not the only one as I read these post, but I am still looking for relief. Any Suggestions?

hi, am 7 weeks pregnant and have been diagnosed with endo since 5 years... i live in terrible pain... drs told me that the pregnancy's atmosphere in the body will cure everything... but seems to be the opposite. i wake up3 to 4 times at night from pain... all my life is affected by this pain... even in my wedding day i had it :-( i really need a cure please... someone give us a cure
i tried all kinds of pain relief meds before i knew am pregnant and non of them worked... 8-|
thanks

I'm 22 years old and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) in 2006. Who knows how long I had them to begin with. I always had painful irregular periods, lower back pain, and abdominal pain. My family doctor saw me a couple times and couldn't come up with an answer so she referred me to an OBGYN at a local hospital. In '06 I had cryo therapy where they go in vaginally and try to freeze off the cysts that they can. I had this procedure done 3 times and it kept coming back every time even worse than what it had been before. I then had a laparoscopy that helped for a little while. Before and after the surgery i was having pelvic exams every 3 months. When I was scheduled for my annual exam I found out my doctor had "retired" without notice to any patients. To this day I have no idea what ever happened to her. Then I got in touch with my current doctor through a friend of my aunt's. She has been so much more informative and helpful than my last 2 doctors. I started Lupron injections in Feb and stopped them after June. The Lupron has helped a lot but the injections do make you sick for up to 2 weeks after you get one but the more injections you have the less symptoms you end up having. The Lupron does put you into a menopausal state so that the Endometriosis doesn't have any estrogen to feed on and continue to grow. I had headaches, mood swings, hot flashes, headaches, light headed-ness, dizzyness, loss of sex drive, and vaginal dryness. All of these things suck but at least I could get out of bed...at least I wasn't in excruciating pain every moment of every day because of the Endo. I just had my first Depo shot at the start of this month (July) and I'm still having some side effects but not as bad with this. I have the dizzy, light headed feeling still and headaches. The Depo also causes vaginal dryness....yay for those of us with significant others. I saw my doctor today and she told me that the best time for me to get pregnant would be in the next five years. If I decide to wait my chances of becoming pregnant decrease and I will have to start taking Lupron injections again and possibly have another Laparoscopy. I'm not finished with college yet and neither is my fiance...plus we live in an apt. not a house so I can't imagine having a baby right now or anytime soon. If it has to be in the next five years for us to have a shot then we will make it happen. I just wish that there was something all of us could do so that this didn't have to run our lives....so that we didn't have to be given timelines. As for other medications I take a daily multi-vitamin, calcium (since I'm in a menopausal state), & Glucophage (normally used for diabetes but is known for reducing the size of PCOS and Endo cysts) 500mg 3x daily.

If anyone has any questions or comments or good info feel free to get ahold of me.
I pray for strength and hope for all of us.