HI,

I am 22 years old and have endo I have and it for over 7 years. I was on the pill for the whole time. I just went off the pill a month ago and now I am pregnant. I am in horrible pain tho. Hopefully it will go away soon.

I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant and I've been calling out of work a lot because of the nausea and pain, I'll go to work with the flu, so this is severe. I haven't been bleeding at all. I pretty much have to lay in bed and drink water all day, I can't even think about food. I have Endometriosis and I've had it for about 5 years. My period just started being somewhat regular, (only as far as timing is concerned though.) I just had an Ultrasound at 6 weeks and the pregnancy IS in the Uterus, (which is extremely retroverted, btw). That made me feel better, but it wasn't until later that day that I began having the severe nausea and the pain became worse. At times I will feel the pain and nausea worsening, then I start to feel dizzy and hot, then I pass out. My doctor does not seem very concerned... I AM! I'm completely worried and miserable. If there is anyone who can relate to this, I am open to any kind of feedback.

How did they stage your endometriosis? I was told flat out, this is what you have and there is really nothing we can do for you- I didn't even know endometriosis had stages

After reading some of the things on here, I would like to point out a few things. I am, by no means, a physician, but I have dealt with Endometriosis so long that I do consider myself something of an expert. For those of you who are having trouble getting your doctor to understand what you're going through, and for those of you who have doctors who have never been acquainted with the suffering that accompanies Endo, it is probably a good idea to bring a pamphlet on Endo to them. Also, bring up these key points:

1. Endo can be mild, moderate, or severe. Some women who only have a spot of Endo (such as myself) have EXPLICITLY painful periods, while some women saturated with it may feel nothing at all. I would faint from the pain of my periods at the tender age of 15, although my Endo was not what doctor's considered severe. Thankfully, my mother knew all about it, as she had suffered the same illness, and the doctor she took me to was in total agreement that the severity of the pain was normal with ANY degree of Endo. 

2. Remember to bring to your doc's attention the fact that, Congrats!, you're pregnant despite having Endo, which is known widely for causing infertility. Now, you want to make sure the pregnancy stays healthy. Tell your doc you need to be considered a high-risk pregnancy (if they don't understand, as mentioned earlier, bring a pamphlet, or have the phone number of a doc who specializes in Endo so that they can consult) and that you need to be constantly monitored with numerous ultrasounds and extra visits. 

3. Remind your doc that, when you're in  pain, your blood pressure increases, as well as your heart rate, sometimes causing tachycardia. Blatantly ask them if it is safer to experience a heart rate of over 100 beats per minute (due to pain), or if it's safer to take something for it. I have carried 2 beautiful, healthy children to full term, and from my personal experience, my OB was able to try me on different narcotic pain medication due to the Endo pain in the first pregnancy, and large kidney stones during the second. I am in no way stating this is proven to be safe--I'm simply telling you my experience and recommending that, if pain  is so severe you cannot live a normal life, you need to talk seriously with your doc. 

4. Again, please, PLEASE talk to your doctor first before taking any medications or trying to treat yourself. If you don't like their answer, consult another physician. You deserve to have a doctor who is understanding and concerned regarding your pregnancy, especially when you suffer from Endo. 

Hello Ladies, As many of you have shared your stories and concerns... I would like to make mention that endo. CANNOT be diagnosed through an ultrasound or any other way except surgery. I am 25 years old and was diagnosed 4 years ago after seeing several different doctors who all believed that is what I had, but could not diagnose me until surgery showed endo. I am no physician but I have seen several specialists regarding endo and recently was put on vissane which is a VERY new medicine specifically for endo. pain. Like many of you, I had pain so bad I called in to work and miss my volunteer practices. I went to my doctor who mentioned possibly another surgery however every time you have surgery, your increasing your chance of scare tissue which is what increases time to get pregnant and my doctor advised me they only like to do surgery when absolutely necessary because I want children. I have the mirena IUD in which works wonders as I do not get a period, although some of my friends have it and they still get their period. In conjunction with the mirena, I am now on vissane and it works wonders! my doctor said that this is working the best way it could for dealing with my pain and that I will stay on the vissane and mirena until wanting children. Every doctor I have seen (over 5) have told me children earlier than later would be best for me and my fiance but obviously if you are not in that position, there are other options. My new family doctor also told me many of the women he sees who have endo. have additional fertility problems and without the endo. they would still have fertility problems so each case is different and good luck ladies!

Hi I am 21 years old and was diagnosed with endometriosis at 19 years old. I had the first laproscopy found out I have a very severe case of it. they removed a lot of scar tissue and even had to straighten out my colon because the endometriosis was in my other organs already. The doctor told me that usuallly you dont see such a severe case in someone so young. He told me to think about having a baby now because I may not be able to bare a child after the age of 25. My second surgury he removed a ruptured cyst on my ovary and several other cysts on each of my ovaries. He also scraped some more endo scar tissue from my uterus. My third surgery I had mor endo scar tissue removed and he also clipped some nerves in my abdomen so that it might relieve some pain. He finally told me that I have to get pregnant now because the next time I come in I would most likely have to have a hysterectomy. I havnt taken any kind of birth control or any kind of protection since i found out I had endometriosis. I was trying to get pregnant this whole time and finally a miracle happened and now I am 7 months pregnant. It took almost three years to concieve but it finally happened so dont give up. I know you get depressed and wonder if you can ever have a baby but It seems if you just relax and dont think about thats when it just happens. The doctor told me this is my miracle because he was afraid that I would never be able to have a child. For thosse of you in pain right now with the pregnancy i know it hurts but you are going to hurt you might even be miserable some days and then feel better than you ever have some days. Just be thankful your having a baby and remember your growing a being inside of you and its worth the pain.

I have endo...It took me over a year to get pregnant. I was a very painful year going off Lupron then birth control pills. I had an ectopic pregnancy after the first 3 months of trying. After a year I was signed up for In-vitro but as a last ditch effort tried an at home ovulation predictor (the clear blue easy one) and got pregnant. I can feel the scars and adhesions and burning all the way through and I'm now 18 weeks, little cramping though. I'm working with my gastroenterologist for comfort of my ibs due to endo...but that's about all I can do. I'm on 2 medicines that taken together have never been tested on pregnant mothers. Its scary and painful. I'm having a hard time understanding that if pregnancy doesn't cure endo, how does a hysterectomy. Lots of extra info I know. But if you can get pregnant great and if you have a pain free pregnancy even better. Wish you the best of luck.

I had the exact same thing happ[en to me just last month. I was wondering if you had anymore info on this?? My dr has no idea why I had so much bleeding. I still have blood in my uterus and a cyst. I would love to know if you had any luck. Thanks.

Hi I was just wondering if you have had any luck staying pregnant. I just had the exact same thing happen to me last month. My dr has no idea why so much blood. I still have blood in my uterus and cyst. He says we can try again but I really don't want to until I know why and how to correct it. Thanks

Any luck yet? I had the same thing happen to me. I still have blood in my uterus and the cyst . Dr told me to start trying again. but I don't want to bc they don't know why or how to fix it. I got to 7 weeks and just start bleeding clots. Then end up having surgery twice then to loose the baby. They thought at first it was a eptopic but it wasn't. Dr has never seen this before. I feel so hopeless. Just want answers somehow:))) Hope you have had some luch and what injection would they put you on???