this has happened to me when i haven't ate anything before smoking or when i am dehydrated. but I've smoked so many more times and have been fine if i just chill after smoking and making sure i have something in my stomach.

You were having a panic attack

Okok, so ive been smoking since high school these affect never happened till this year or last , i smoke then my heart thumps hard and sweat comes , but then a tight chest pain like my nerve system is acting abrupt , the vein in the pit of my arm swells or pressure in my brain behind the eye comes and then a TIGHT , TIGHT TIIIIIIGHT heart/ chest /back pain i have to take bear aspirin i was so worried , it didnt make sense so i kept tryng to smoke and now it happens to me EVERYTIME i let the drug go , ive done research tho, cause could be that weed thins the blood and your heart beats harder as a result , leaving your body tensing up hard ALSO your body works ona grid of nerves and electrical impulses from the brain and heart when high act up so its like there not in the same page , idk what to do to solve thus , and i was a BIG smoker

I am not a doctor or medical professional and yes if you feel you are in need of urgent medal care call 911 or go see a doctor. in my opinion most of the people in this chat are right. It is 80% mental if not more, when you freak out. There are a lot of factors at play, mainly how high you get, but also the strain you smoked the potency of the Weed and how your body reacts to it (which can change). Also any other medical issues you have or other substances you have used in conjunction with the weed can modify the effect of the cannabis. I had smoked for years with no problem and then out of nowhere I got this panicked feeling I had never had before and after my trial smoke today I am still not liking it. Not that I think weed is bad, quit the opposite. My Mom has used it most of her life for pain management. I know its mostly in my mind and the way my body reacts to it. Not because Weed is a crazy dangerous drug, at least not anymore than Alcohol or Nicotine. However it is a drug and does alter you perception of reality and physical state.

I smoked weed tonight myself and had a bad trip, in fact I am kinda stoned as I type. I had the same thing happen to me also 10 years ago. I stopped smoking because of that and after 10 years decided to give it another shot.

Unfortunately after I initially stopped smoking I replaced the weed with other more addictive and dangerous drugs and now drink heavily, to where it has effected my health.

Anyhow, I wanted to be able to smoke weed but have been afraid to for years, ironically I would do just about any drug but Weed at one point. So... I get my CA weed card and I buy some weed and a CBD-THC balance oil. That was recommended to see if Cannabis might work for me, not to really get faded but, I do suffer from health issues, and need help control symptoms that I have self medicated for with alcohol. I tried some of the oil and I catch a little head change but more just a mellow buzz. I think the CBD did help with Nausea and the like. I get brave and I break out my little bong I bought and put a tinny peace of the strain called "King Louise" it is an Indica so I thought it would be mellow.

To make a long story shorter, I get super stoned and of course what comes to my mind but that time when I smoked before and freaked out. I know I can handle my drugs but Psychedelics are another deal. They do have medicinal value but they Don't mesh with a certain set of people. If you have per disposition to Anxiety, as I do, its not a good idea to toke. Any thought you have while you are high will manifest in unforeseen and uncontrollable ways. No not like on "Reefer Madness" where you take one hit and jump off a building or become a rapist. It can be good like you feel Zen, at peace, having fun Laughing and partying...or scary, frightening and panicked. Also once the THC hits your brain it does increase your heart rate you might feel that come on as your senses are heightened and it scares you, your brain intoxicated by THC gets wound around this idea, your heart beats faster, you swear your having a heart attack you clutch your chest.....you get the picture.... Man,I had to talk myself down from running into a fire station at like 3am one night after I got High as a kite walking home swearing to myself I was about to drop dead. Luckily I didn't because if you go to the hospital and tell them your going to die from smoking weed they will most likley pump you full of Thorazine and toss you in a bed to sleep it off. There is no drug to counteract THC only manage the effects until it passes. Once you get faded your along for the "trip" as it were, good or bad. Better to just try and make it a good one. That is what I did tonight, I distracted my self with movies and food and typing this (LOL) and tried to keep to bad vibes out. Starting to come down and ass out. Finally.

My Suggestion if you continue to have these issues, don't smoke weed anymore. If that is not an option then experiment with different strains or other natural cannabis products. If you have panic attacks for sure stay away from spice. It is a synthetic cannabis, basically the crystal meth of weed. Good luck and I hope you find your answer, I'm still looking for mine, and trust me its not other drugs or Drinking.

that happened to me actually I got high with some of my guys and I was okay for about 20minutes and then I started hearing voices and felt like spirits were trynna take over my body and I thought I was gonna die cause I couldn't really feel my a pulse from my heart I don't know if this is paranoia or should I stop smokin because that wasn't the first time the second time was even worse but I've smoked before and never had this problem someone please help me !!!!!

That's how I'm feeling right now lol and I'm pacing try to warm up lol. I've read that weed lowers your bp and you get cold and your heart rate increases.

You didn't almost die dummy. You had a panick attack bc your stressed from life and you got to high. If your heart was at 170 for a long time it would cause damage and it's not good to get a heart rate that high. But you weren't gonna die unless you already had existing heart issues.

You're getting older and more stressed. Panic attack. 5mg Valium will cure that.

My name is Ana... See ok I've been smoking for awhile but I used to take medication the medication was dexamethasone and after a while I started smoking nothing happend. Like probably a month ago or few weeks I smoked with my Fiancè and afterwards we decided to lay down he fell asleep and I started to feel oozy. I felt super slow my heart started pounding like crazy and I got really shaky.. I grabbed my fiancé and asked for help he took me out the room and my Motherinlaw told me i was an anxiety attack I was having. It was just strange I was shaking scared body felt warm inside going away coming back Heart racing like crazy and felt like I was going to die... That was the first time that has ever happened to me and today around 3 something ok the afternoon my fiancé an drew myself smoked again and when I passed him the blunt I started feeling weird.. My body got warm inside and I got up to go to the restroom and my heart was racing like crazy but I knew what was happening. I didn't blackout I didn't faint nothing and this time I wasn't shaky. What do you think this is? The first time it happens I recognized everything around me like I can tell you my address my name everything literally everything only problem was shaky and heart racing and today it was just heart racing... Is this something I should look into? Like what should I do about this? This is the firsts time I speak about it because it scares me.

I used to smoke weed, but the only reason I quit recently is 'cause how bad it f**ks with my anxiety. Legit felt like I was on my death bed last time and my heart rate was through the roof. I was blacking out and sh*t, lost an entire 5 hours of time, it felt like.
And mind you, I only took one hit.
Someone had to give me freaking Xanax to calm my anxiety while I was high.

Here's a list of my symptoms that day:
-Inability to move, couldn't feel my body
- loud ringing in my ears
- felt hot and cold at the same time
- heart rate was excessively high
- I legit could not control any of my actions
- hallucinated a bunch
If I could describe what dying feels like to you, no exaggeration, I probably could just off of this experience. I even felt highthe next day.
I DO have anxiety, but I didn't realize it was this bad.
Can anyone give me constructive advice on what actually happened?

Thank you this is what I needed to hear . Non bias truth

I get cold after smoking, too.

Bruh. I've been smoking for almost one year now. It's not regular but I smoke up quite often. I first started smoking up with my friends, we used to have alot of fun and I had no feeling of paranoia. Then I started Smoking alone. In the begging it was like very very mello and I had fun watching movies playing games. Recently I started noticing that my heart rate gets really fast. The thing is, weed makes your heart beat fast everytime you smoke. Its up to you that how you react. If you keep thinking about it you'll get paranoid. I did too. Just play some chill songs and distract yourself. If you get a little too scared just start taking Deep deep breaths and you'll be fine in no time. Then you can grab your munchies and watch movies etc. The paranoia is just in your mind. Just try not to think about it and take deep breaths to regulate your heart rate.

This will be the only reply on the page. No is the answer.

THE reason why it feels like that, is because your body is still under stress after a hard experience. Give it time and don’t think about it. Exercise, or go outside and enjoy nature. You don’t need medication. The issue is all mental, i am talking from my experience. I went theu weed withdrawals for months. Had anxiety everyday and felt i lost my mind. I couldn’t even go outside my door without panicking. But you have to face fear head on!!! Sometimes, this vould be a blessing in disguise. Weed is maybe no longer for you brotha.be safe