I too have had the same problem as you. I have a heart murmur and smoked weed for the first time. We were on a back road and ran to my friends house. I started to think I was having a heart attack. We called an ambulance and when the paramedics got to his house my heart beat was 130. I went to the hospital to find out i was find and was just paranoid as anything.

Yeah happend to me too, but didn't stop me.

This is normal.... It's just that ur Brain took large amounts of thc and not enough oxygen...next time just lay back close your eyes and think of something u like and take big breaths

I wanted to give your post an up-rating sir.
However, even though you do seem to be educated, and know what you are talking about, I'm guessing you were a little high whilst writing, or that one of the worst effects of weed has taken hold without your notice.
If taken as an essay or something similar, which I'd have like to have seen you write, this doesn't read cohesively enough, nor is it comprehensive. You began by articulating your thoughts on the point, and halfway through got bored. I do it myself, you had a point but couldn't really be bothered to make it as best as you could, thus your conclusion sounds too opinionated and flippant, with not enough support. I believed you until you stopped caring!
I am aware you were regailing us with your experiences rather than writing a report, but I also assume you did mean to instruct those with less experience. What you have done sir is illustrate one of the worst negatives of smoking marijuana. You do not have the clarity to know exactly what you think, furthermore you barely know why you think it, but you do have some lazy opinions and a self-satisfied sense that even if the person reading what you wrote doesn't quite get it, that you know what you meant, so that's all that matters. They must just not be as smart as you.
Weed melts your brain, puts holes in it so important things get lost in the recesses, or fall out completely. It makes you socialise on a more base level as you lose passion for other people's interests as you become more self involved. Paranoia effects daily life as well as brain process, aside from just being worried about what happens externally, your paranoia creeps into what you think yourself, to the point where you don't even believe yourself. Am I thinking the right thing? Does that make sense? Should I listen to my own advice or am I crazy?
Taking recreational drugs has only recreational benefits, if you enjoy it, you enjoy it, much as those who play sports enjoy playing, whether an effect is sought after and contrived, or whether it is a natural by product of one activity or other, there should never be more focus, legitimacy or importance places on something like weed, than just something one likes to partake in. If your lifestyle can accept that, then enjoy yourself responsibly. If, like most people, your life would not accomodate you being a "stoner", functional or not, then you should eliminate any tampering with the drug.

I exprience the cold version last night, for the second time in my life. both of them happened when I smoke the weed from "not my own stash". so it is possible that wasn't just weed. anyway. my left hand went cold like hell and i started to freak out. I lost the feeling in my left hand, or i thought so. after four hours that i still had that bloody feeling. ( I ate sugar, salt, water... you know how it works)  but it didn't get better. well it did. but not so much. then i masturbate! and after that i felt better. 

Hey every dude in this post thread,

I have been through the same boat like you guys are. I am 27 years old female.  I have smoked pot for 3 years off and on until last year of 2011, i was sightly smoked quite heavy and had experinced really sereve painc/anxiety attacks.  It not a cool thing to smoke weed because it very dangerous and my heartbeat was at 180 per beat for 3 hours. I could have of die suddenly of that heart attack.  I have tell myself i no longer want to smoke it but was tempted to smoke a bit but still got pounding heart beat.  As i try it one more agian, i get really freaked out and felt that God had tell me to quit it for good and enough with this kind of weed. So far, ever snice, i havent smoked and my anxiety and painic has been gone after 10 long torment months.   This pot isnt very cool and i recommeded you all dont ever touch this agian not at even one bit! I have repented and turned myself to LORD after denying myself to Him.  Jesus is the Way, The Truth,The Life (John 14:6) and (1 Peter 5:7) - Casting out all of your cares *anxiety* upon Him for He careth you.  Run to Jesus and cling to Him. He will give you rest when you are heavy and laden in burden!

i'm done with weed,...im 47, been smoking it it moderately for 20+ yrs,...the past 10yrs its turned on me,..i luved weed,..waking & baking was nessesary to have a cool day,...when i was young 15-20,..i used to ask older dudes if they had any, or would they like to smoke,...i remember a weird reply with some dudes...""nah,..i get too paranoid,..cant smoke it anymore,..it messes me up......i was like whaaat????,.....taking a small,..and i mean very small hit..(where you barely see smoke)..seems to be ok,..but, hardly worth it...i'm back to basics,..a couple of beers,..and thats it,..cause alcohol..if abused, seems worse than weed.....a month ago after playing paddle ball, a friend lit a joint,..i took 2 moderate drags,....in a nut shell,..an 1/2hr later i was in the hospital w/a heart rate of 110 bpm... & blood preesure 140/110....not horrific but not good.....all in all ive had 6-8 emergency room visits,..its embarrising.....i'm heart broken...& done....just how it is........hope i helped.....thanx.....

I've had this experience and it scared the c**p out of me.  I started smoking when I was 14 and had no problems at first.  About 2 years later, at 16, I smoked a lot of weed one night and had a full blown panic attack.  I thought I was dying and had all the symptoms of a heart attack (which, of course, a panic attack often mimics).  My friends tried to convince me to go to the hospital, which I seriously considered but refused.  I tried several times after that to smoke and had the same experience so I flat out quit for 20 years.  I discovered over that period that I'm just prone to anxiety--with or without weed, so 2 years ago, at 50, I decided to try smoking again.  I was surprised that I got really high really fast and almost had another attack, but was able to calm myself down with techniques I've learned over the years.  I talked at length to a good friend of mine who is a grower.  He gave me 4 samples of different weed--1 Indica, 1 Sativa, and 2 Indica/Sativa mixes.  He said that he thought the variety of pot a person smoked makes a real difference and suggested that I do my own control experiment.  I tried each separately a week apart and this is what I discovered.  The Indica gave me a serious body buzz which definitely contributed to the anxiety and heart palpitations.  The mixes a mild body buzz, which was manageable under certain circumstances.  The Sativa was hardly any body buzz and was really enjoyable.  I have come to the conclusion that the type of weed you smoke really does make a difference.  I can smoke a good Sativa without any negative side affects as long as I don't go overboard.  I actually gave away the Indica--it's not for me.   

funny... my girls daughters talking about weed now...shes out of it & depressed,.....i'm good,...i gonna play the role, if someone has it,..i'll have that miniscule toke i was talking about.....ski season is almost here...so they'll be plenty around,...i'll just go real easy.....but thanx for the tip on the sativa.....take care....

What exactly do you know? I'm a very experienced smoker who has decided to quit to prevent heart failure. I have smoked £20 to £30 of chronic a day for 14 years and slowing your heart on a regular basis over a long period of time WILL, eventually kill you. Your heart can not cope with continuous strain without vigorous cardiac exercise. Want heart failure? carry on you dense thick twat.

AHello, Im 45, and have smoked cannabis in many forms for 27 years. I have also had a level 4 heart attack, just over 2 years ago. I quit cigarettes 3 and a half years ago. I was a moderate smoker, meaning 3-5 sessions a day, approx. 2-3 grams a day. Since the attack my consumption has been halved. Cannabis has always been enjoyable to me. Medicinal in many ways also. I now try to live as well as possible. Minus the weed, of course. As recently as 11 days ago I experienced many of the same symptoms described in the previous posts. Hot sweats, deep chills, dizziness, elevated heart rate and blood pressure, upset stomach, chest pressure and burning, and irregular palpatations. These symptoms would come and go. After 2 days, and approx. 8-9 episodes, I went to the hospital. The symptoms I was experiencing were diagnosed as unstable angina. Blood work and ecgs ( echocardiogram ) were inconclusive. Only after an angiogram procedure was the problem discovered. I have more arterial blockage. 2 sites are considered significant, more than 70%blocked. Treatment for me is double bypass surgery. Coupled with the dammage done from the first heart attack, and the relative risk of the surgery, my chances for survival are approx. 75%. The message here is, do not dismiss your own personnal symptoms as just paranoia. Quite often we put our selves in a state of denial, when faced with unpleasant or unwanted situations. If you have any concerns about your heart health always seek proper medical diagnosis. Do not take advice or diagnosis from uneducated posts. There are many symptoms which are manifested in just as many ways. Everyone is unique, and your situation will very rarely be exactly the same as others. Be safe.

am i to understand that some people are subject be cause of body chemistry to weed and coming to the conclusion that weed along with their body condition the two don't mix... ??? what about the lungs of smokers of weed is there any info on how many people have died because of smoking??? and how many may that be??? I would surely like to know because I am in doubt nor have I heard that it is concluded that weed kills over time smoking either in moderation or overly used. please advise. thank you

Dude it's completely normal when you smoke weed. It makes your blood flow to your skin(makes you hot & your eyes re)
But when your blood isn't at the organs your heart has to work much harder to keep your blood flowing.

It happened to me last night, and in fact, it always happen to me every time I smoke Marihuana. I am diagnosed to have a heart problem, so I concluded that Marijuana is really bad for a person who suffers heart problem. But last night was totally terrifying because it almost killed me. I felt like my system is shutting down, I felt dizzy and my sight begins to blur. I'm always aware that my heart beats irregularly every time I smoke weed. I think I just got over-dosed, despite I only smoked 5 puffs of it ( I cant' consume a stick), because my dosage is very low.