Alrite the same thing happens to me but i get it because i have low blood pressure and when my heart starts racing i just exuast my self and then black out and its pretty easy to avoid just make sure u have eaten plenty, are hydrated and geting plenty of fresh air all ways helps.

[list=] well I am living proof and recent against what any of you have to say. I just had heart surgery (ablation) done last Monday. Before then I smoked weed at least once a week, which isn't alot for some. Anyway before I did have this done, I had no problems. Felt awesome after a bowl, vap, waterfall you name it, it all went well. Last week I smoked some on Friday ( maybe not the smartest thing, considering how close I was to my operation) I got high (waterfall) and I started thinking about my heart and then I started freaking out. Thought my heart was jusssssst pounding!! Well I went to he hospital, turns out my heart was beating 114, the average 16-50 male can beat that after a run. I will not be the one to say you won't die for some conditions. But I over thought the hell out of it and it turned out to be nothing.

Jesus Christ! Never in my life have I seen such a bunch of mis-informed half wits.

I've experienced almost all of what people are talking about. I smoke almost everyday and the most common thing i hear from people is how they get paranoid when they are high, which it does make you paranoid, but you need to just tell yourself that its cause you are high then you'll be fine. as for the heart beating faster; this happens to me almost everytime i smoke alot, its completely normal, and the only reason it feels like that is cause you are thinking about it. don't think about it, and when you start to, just take your mind off of it. alort of my friends get panic attacks when they are high, but its only if you're thinking about it. you just have to relax and think about positive things :-)

Hi! I've had many experiences involving panic attacks from smoking weed over the years. Been smoking for over 15 years too. Lately I must say my panic attacks have gotten worse. I experience the same symptoms being mentioned here: pains and numbness in my arms and hands, increased rapid heartbeat,shortness of breathe, dizziness,nausea and paranoid thoughts. I think alot of it has to do with the enviroment you're in and how much you've smoked in one sitting tho. Last Friday I was very worried about my roommate after a very bad argument we had.Have'nt been feeling well in my current place either. I smoked alot of weed in my bong to try to calm down but it brought me into an anxiety attack instead. I started feeling a terrible pain in my right arm. I freaked out and called 911 as I thought I was having a heart attack. The ambulance guys were able to calm me down and told me it was a panic attack,and although my heart was beating at 150,they told me not to worry that it was'nt a heart attack. I got taken to the ER anyways. Nurse looked at me like I was crazy when I said I thought I was having a heart attack. It was just a panic attack but still....very very scary. I think weed enchances your surroundings and if you smoke way too much in a bad place, you're more than likely going to have a bad trip and go through a panic attack.

I'm starting to smoke less and less after that bad experience.This never really happened in other places where I felt more safe. I don't think marijuana is fatal, but it does cause panic attacks. I learned drinking alot of Milk lowers this panic attack/paranoid feeling down.Unfortunately I did'nt have any milk in my fridge last Friday.

Drinking alot of fluids and eating food helps with these panic attacks actually. Also getting high with a friend helps too. My roommate has calmed me through many a panic attack. I think when you get too stoned and get into this paranoid state:just remember you're nothing bad is really going to happen, take some deep breathes, drink some milk and calm down.

I'm actually considering quitting marijuana soon but it's hard. It may not be physically addictive like heroin or alcohol but it is addictive mentally.

I think to avoid these panic attacks you gotta watch how much you smoke in one sitting. Also drinking fluids really helps like I said and being in a good enviroment. I also had those weird temperatures in my body while high too. I've felt that frozen feeling,like my whole body was cold. Helps to be turn up the heater and cuddle with someone when that happens. Shortness of breathe is the scariest feeling I felt while high tho. That's just a sign that I've smoked way too much in one sitting. Always give your lungs a break and don't over do it.

I think everyone that said something is right in their own way. yes pot makes you intently focused on what your doing/thinking which could be bad or good. im 18 ive don't judge me plz smoking since i was 10 so 8 years. their are some things ive concluded weed is great im an everyday user well was. see about a year ago i started have those same effects fast heart rate and not being able to get my mind off it thinking im about to die of a heart attack its f**king scary. well it wasn't that bad at first sometimes it happen others not so i continued to smoke. after a while i noticed it happened more and got worse and worse and then i started getting pains and my left arm would start getting numb shock waves of heat would go up and down my body and shortness of breath too. well then i noticed that not only was that happening but it started to carry over to my sobriety as well. so at the point im at now i cant take a single hit without feeling like im gonna die or at least noticing that my heart is umm... how do i put this like my heart is about to fail or my heart just dropped through a hole in chest and im just sitting there waiting to die. thats terrifying man im not saying im a p***y or anything if i could face 6 blunts i would believe me i love bud. anyway pot also messed up my head to sometimes its hard to gather my thoughts or to continuously keep my mind focused and i dont have adhd either. just writing this has taken me almost 2 hours and i dont even remember the topic fully and im sober thats BS straight up. my point is tho smoking pot has goods and bads its fun but, this also happens so i guess the only way to get around it is like the other guy said it only takes two hits to feel it more if you have smoked longer of course. one other dude said something about it being natural that has no relevance here if you think about it just because poison ivy is natural does not mean you want to rub it on your skin. so guys and gals here with the same problems plz if this happens dont smoke as much in a sitting that may help. if you have these problems try eating something that usually sobers you up a bit. also American skullcap is great for a calm mind you can get it at health food stores anywhere not so good on taste but worth it. try not to get work up about it that will only make things worse because then it could go from anxiety to a heart attack. not trying to scare people with this just trying to give as much info and answers as possible in the end is up to you to decide what you want to do.

on a off topic note if you take xanex or any other benzodiazepines non perception wise mind you it can be very bad you could suffer from derealization(<=please look this up if you do) and massive amounts of other physical illnesses. so plz before you take/do something look it up and make sure you know what it is and does so you dont end up like other people i know. you can possibly die from it.

im only 18 so i only know so much unfortunately but, I hope with this i have helped someone or someone you know from something that could have been stopped or prevented. plz feel free to post this elsewhere the more people that see this the more it can help thank you and be safe everyone.

weed shouldnt give u a heart attack unless ur reely paranoid

What most of the people have been saying, mary jane causes paranoia and anxiety if your not in the right state of mind, thats why most people freak out there first time blazin, because there nervous and dont know what to expect. I have had my fare share of heart attack like experiences from smoking ganja but it is because i psyched myself out. I havnt smoked in months and i really miss the good times/feelings ive had while stoned. I stopped because of the heart racing and paranoia and thats why im on these forums, trying to convince myself to start tokin again haha but i smoked for years with no problems and after doing ecsasy for a few months is when i first had the chest pain feeling from smoking, now that i havnt rolled in over a year i think ill be fine. Just remember to relax, watch a movie, have sex, or maybe just get a blowjob to not get your heart racing, and eat some food, youll be fine brutha

I smoked weed for about three years daily and never had a panic attack. Then got into some Chinese energy practices and meditation, and ended up not getting the urge to smoke anymore...so i stopped. Then about a year ago (2 years with no weed), I tried a weed brownie...and had the strangest experience of my life. I had a strange loss of "sense of self". I had trouble "holding on" to who I was, where I was, etc. My heart felt like it was going to explode (although I was told by my girlfriend that it actually wasn't beating Insanely fast). I also got EXTREMELY hot and decided to take a cold shower. I remember looking around that bathroom and not recognizing anything. It was the weirdest feeling, but also a bit frightening. I ended up taking a long walk outside and hugging some trees, which although looked a little nutty lol, really really helping to ground me :-)

Remaining calm is the answer. Laugh at how ridiculous you look freaking out ;-) and go for a nice walk. If you're too stoned to walk down the street then just walk a few circles in the back yard. Oh yea....sex (partner or no partner) can really help as well. It'll redirect Every panic thought in your head to One centralized joyous region lol.

It can trigger a heart attack like anything else that raises your heartrate such as exercise if you're cardiovascular system is already damaged. My dad had a heart attack at 46 immediately following smoking a lot of weed. His heart and arteries were already damaged from the ~30 years of smoking pot daily though, just the same as anything that raises carbon monoxide in the bloodstream such as smoking cigarettes or breathing any other kind of smoke for prolonged periods of time.

It basically causes your blood to rush around your body to the tissues, skin etc. (hence why your eyes might go red). This lowers your blood pressure which can cause your heart to race and increases the risk of a heart attack.

yea ive smoke bud for a long time. ive been on binges with it, ive combined it with other stuff, ive eaten it,ive drinken it, all that...i had actually quit smoking on a few seperate occascions, for a moderate amount of time too. once for about 2 years, which was about 8 years ago LOL, and just recently for almost 6 months to get a job but ive been smoking on a regular in between these time periods allotttttt. so now that ive been at my job for about 6 months and am doin well here once again i have picked up my one and true love Mary Jane =).. even now after not smoking for 6 months i dont as high as ive been in the past but still i find myself pretty screwed up. i also experience heart racing, paranoia, pains in my left arm and left side of my body etc...this is all cuz im soo stoned and so are you lol nothing else. its all a mental game, when ur really high, and lucky for you your opponent is YOU so to speak lol...jus smoke with a clear mind and calm nerves and you'll be fine im sure of it.paranoia and heart racing and ALL THAT c**p dosent mean you have underlying medical conditions, cuz if u did u should probably be dead, and look, ur not. keep smokin, keep tokin and stay high. god bless america..

i smoked weed more than 10 days ago ..when ever i go in open air ,,i get very anxious and have an irregular heart beat my heart paces ..to a really fast pace .at some times it is so tired that i felt it would stop ...i consulted the doctor..he gave me anxizine and a multivitamin perhaps now with the medicine everything is ok but when i stop it i feel that i would have a heart attack because the pressure is there from such a long time ....i want to get normal just like before i started using drugs...

I had pretty much word for word the same experience as the first guy, even went hospital coz it gt so bad, bt gt discharged as they said nothing was actually wrong with me as they took EEGs n checked my heart fr blood tests n blood pressure, n went home n slept, bt wen I woke up, I feel normal, bt my chest still kinda hurts n my heart rate is stil a little high? Shall I go bck to hospital? Or does it take awhile for it to get out of some peoples system?

i thought i was the only person to have that happen to me as well. i woke up one day and decided to wake and bake - so i went outside had a really small bowl left. put it in my pipe and started to smoke it. i was sitting down on these stairs and all of a sudden i fell back and couldnt get up and started to shake. my heart felt really heavy and as i got up i hit my head and fell down real quick. i some how got back up and forgot about my pipe so i went to grab it and went back to my house and fell right onto my couch. i was sweating really bad. i thought i was going to die :/ but after a while i calmed myself down and have been ok ever since. i now dont smoke weed - after 3-4 years of smoking it! as much as i love marijuana i dont think its worth it anymore. but then again you never no because it really is addicting. and some people would disagree but weed is a "drug" and yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah "its a plant" so what - its still a drug.