yeah i experienced it too, u just gotta go outside and keep moving around and breath very deep and it will go away

A lot of you guys are ignorant and mis-informed. I just had a heart attack at 40 years old and smoking cigarettes and marijuana are the 2 main reasons it happened. Google "marijuana heart attack" and "smoking heart attack" and you'll soon see what I mean. If you're young hey it's meant to b enjoyed but if your getting older and finding it hard to breath, you should quit smoking anything if you want to live to be a healthy old age~! Peace!

hey dude i can tell a hell of a funny story when this happen to me, I thought for sure i was a goner, and almost gave myself away , but luckly i chilled out and i got over it. let me tell you as a long time pot smoker and hell of athlete all my life doing tri and half marathons and not to mention former marine , nothing is wrong with you chill out pot can enhance what ever moody your already in , it was great ready this , i can relate

boy i just want to talk boy plzzzz dont kill him plzzz i can help boy you know i like the fat oness not cowss but dogs

I have CHF, well controlled due to the fact I quit drinking, smoking & illegal drugs. I also suffer from chonic pain. I have been on precriction pain killers for many years & I would really like to get off the opiates. I have considered trying marijuana but have heard that because I have CHF that smoking marijuana could cause serious complications & possibly death. Can anyone out there give me some insight on this.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Im new to bongs, and i dont like them. Now i just usually smoke tobacco out of my bong. My symptoms are a bit worst. I feel the paranoia and the hotness and my heart actually beats fast like im on coke, then slow like im on herion... Then my head feels like its bleeding, and i can hear like pouring in my head and stomach, etc. Even when im sober i still feel my heart isnt how its suppose to be. The actual problem i actually learned from a T.V show (ironicly enough, it was trailer park boys) one of the characters said "geez, smoking this bong you just dont know how screwed up you be getting" and i thought about it, hes right even if he didnt intentionally mean to teach me something. With a water bong you take super hits, and if you dont pace yourself, its all going to hit you at once. My advice would be just not to smoke out of them, or try to smoke out of them in more positive places.. if not possible just smoke out of them with a less power strain

Hope i helped you out ;

What you described was the exact same thing that happened to me when i smoked weed laced with cocaine (not intentionally), my whole chest was beating, i could literally see it beat, right after i smoked the joints i looked at my friend and he started laughing because he thought i was just being an ass (i used to joke around 24/7 when i smoked with my friends) but then he was like "Dude what the f**k are you doing?", i couldn't hear anything except this really loud ringing in my ears like something just blew up next to my head, and everything went blurry in my peripheral vision while everything in my direct line of vision was clearer than ever before. Later that night both my friends were talking in their sleep and ive still never heard them talk in their sleep since, and while i was going to bed i heard a noise that sounded like it was 5 feet away and it sounded real as anything else except thhat it was the sound of a laser gun or something, i sat there praying to god thanking him for everything he's given me and thanked him for giving me a warning to stop smoking weed (my best friend that came over every day started selling weed and he sold 1/2 oz to an oz a day from my house so he smoked me out whenever i felt like getting stoned, which was all day). I'm not a religious person... If that tells you how bad i was trippin and how scared for my life i was. But yea the ringing in your ears from smoking cocaine is referred to by crackheads as getting your bell rung. It's shellshock caused by the cocaine

im 15 soon to be 16 we have weed, crack, ciggs, pills, you name it going around our school. Alot of the students are big under-the-table drug dealers (keep in mind its a vocational school so no one is really going anywhere in life regardless), everyday your offered to put 5 on it and me being spontaneous and wanting to try i did, so my first time was late September when school was just getting in settled (need be this is my second year as a freshman but different school) it was 5 of us on one "L" with 2 dime bags and roll so i don't know if the effect of the high is different when theres more people on one joint. about a month ago in march i smoke yet again after a long period of time and it was only 3 on one "L" this time the high was scary my heart race was sky high and my vision blurred, colors weren't the colors they were supposed to be and when i got home i had nervous twitches and blacked out only once almost landing myself in the ER. about 3 days ago though i smoke again to see if that last incident was a tippy or we just bought some bad sh*t, it wasn't a tippy and the bud couldn't have been bad cause we brought from another person the effects were worse my legs would give out i would go into panic states my heart was faster and yet again once i got home i didn't black out just once this time but about 3 and once during class. i know for sure thats not normal and maybe its my body rejecting or reacting to the drug but i know i will never touch bud again only cigarettes and maybe not even that but if you have had an experience as close as to mine reply. : )

I know what you mean. Ive smoked for 10 years and been fine then just lately ive been getting huge panick attacks everytime i smoke. I feel like my heart is beating through my chest and i get really dizzy and my body starts twitching. I cannot think straight and i always feel fatigued. Ive quit smoking the amount i used to, aroundd 5 bowls a day out of a bong down to like one hit and it still gets me bad. I just need to stop for awhile or mabey for good. I could really see how marijuana could trigger a heart attack if your not that healthy. Be very careful with this stuff. Ive had a great time with weed when i was younger but now im starting to see the reality of marijuana abuse. its true this stuff can cause serious problems.. i never would of beleived it if it didnt happen to me cause i always thought there was a conspiracy to keep us having marijuana although i see now why it should not be used by everyone.

Last night I was really bored and decided to smoke a bowl of my bong and then lay down and watch a movie. I only smoked one bowl but was feeling pretty high. After about 15 minutes of watching the movie it felt like my heart was beating irregularly and parts of my body would twitch. I started to get really dizzy and started loosing my vision. I thought i was going to die. I got really really hot and felt like i was going to black out. I also had a loud ringing and pressure in my ears. I decided to go outside since I was so hot and it seemed to help for a little, but then the symptoms set in again. After about 15 minutes i felt better, but my heart still felt like it was beating irregularly. 

My questions are has anyone ever experienced this before? Should I be concerned? Should I see a doctor?
________________________________________

Hey dude. I feel you on this one. Once I took "Atomics" (some sort of weed) this is legal and it's expensive. But listen. I took really really little of that and I had exact symptoms as you had. I was like OMG am I going to die? My friend smoked with me,so he had same symptoms as me. We went to his place and chilled. Sometimes I felt asleep and stopped breathing (that happend to me after that a lot of times) but it passed after 30 min. I swear to never smoke anything after that,but how time pass I smoked again,but never that,I smoked weed only. Always when I smoke I think of heart problems,do I have them or anything,and I don't feel very comfortable smoking sometimes,but you know it's great to get high. I'm 16 years old,and when I smoke weed my heart always beats fast,I hate that! Now I stopped smoking for some time,I'm going to have my heart tested,test my healt and all because I don't feel very well after all that weed smoking. If they say to me that I'm fine that I don't have any heart problems I'm going to smoke pot again,but if not,I will never touch weed again :( . I must say that I smoked only 3-4 cigarettes in my life,and because of cigarettes my heart always hurts me. So just go and get your heart tested you know,and start with little weed. No need to get high,just get comfortable,and in time increase your weed level and get high as f**k! I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that. Take care man. Peace!
P.S. I'm from Croatia,so sorry if I have some grammatical mistakes :)

Hi all. I've had similar issues. I started smoking pot when I was 15, only started smoking it regularly by 19 and by 20 I was smoking it daily.

Honestly I'm used to smoking several joints a day, I'm a big time addict. Well usually I'm fine but this has happened a couple times over the last few months, usually it happens at night and it's over by the next day. This time it's been just like that except today when I smoked it came back during the day!

I've been reading here and I think it's a panic attack of some kind but my heart really physically hurts. I'm overweight too and I don't exercise a lot. I understand I'll likely get a lecture for that but one of the first posts in this thread better describes my problem and that person is listed as "guest". I was hoping to go they would be able to respond if they still read this thread (though they post it in 2009...)

Basically I get very cold like the person mentioned, my heart hurts, often times my left arm goes numb. I'm only 26 years old... I'm not sure if it's heart pain caused by indigestion or the weed but today when it happened it happened right after I smoked and up until that point I had been fine for several hours in between episodes.

I get really cold and my palms and feet sweat, I can't get enough clothing and blankets on. The last few times it's happened I have been able to control the cold but the first time it happened I shivered big time. It's a similar feeling I've had when I smoked pot laced with PCP but this is nothing like that, the pot gives me a pretty standard but still strong buzz. The taste is a little different but it doesn't smell or taste chemical. I'm wondering if it's the weed or if I'm having panic attacks or what.

The poster on the first page described how it feels too a tee. You feel like you're having severe heart problems, you become freezing cold must get under a blanket immediately or feel like you're going to die.

I love marijuana and don't want to quit, I'm an addict but if it's going to kill me maybe I'll need to stop. I just don't know what to do. I've been to the doctor/hospital because of it before and while they did some tests x-rays and all that came up clean. (This was in the last year)

It isn't like I'm coughing up blood or anything, I've been smoking pot daily for at least 6 years and this only started happening in the last year. If anyone has experienced this please let me know what the deal is. I'm paranoid and thinking it might be laced pot. Then again though I don't get the effects of anything but weed aside from this "panic attack/mild heart attack".

I had an episode last night after I took two puffs of a joint, my dealer sold me what he told was Kush (I smoke every wekend and sometimes I start since Thursday) I was talking to some friends, I wasnt even talking. Suddenly I had a pain in my left arm and the left side of my chest and I started freaking out (my friends didnt smoke just me) They took my blood pressure and I had 73/47 wich is pretty low, I fainted and they gave a shot of cuban coffee and thats what brought alive, I really thought I was going to die, after that I had another strong pain in the same places I tried to remain calm and the pain got away but both of my arms got numb... by the time the parademics got to the house I was better but still white as dead and shaking all over my body, they took my blood pressure and I was fine again my sugar was kind of low but not that much I had 86 (remeber I took the coffee shot) off course I didnt told them I smoked I just told them I didnt eat anything in the day and this was at 11:00 pm at night, I think they believed me and advise me to eat.

I got so scared I think I am not going to smoke anymore. I dont know if it was because I was doing exercises in the day or because I was really eating healthy and not fatty foods or if it was the "kush" I just know that I almost died I felt that my life was over and that was it I started to think what if I die, how many things I havent done yet, how much pain my mother was going to go through, she will probably kill herslef since I am all she has, so for that and everything else I AM NOT SMOKING ANY MORE WEED!!!! and I advice you do the same!

I have this same problem and it's not that cool. I even went to see my doctor about it. He gave me an EKG and said my heart is healthy, and I should not be concerned, but if smoking makes my heart feel uncomfortable than I should probability stop smoking. I still smoke once in a while. And each time I smoke, even a small puff will increase my heart rate to about 150 bpm. This has made my high feel not as cool as it used to.

I have learn a way to combat this a little. My advice is go buy a watch with a heart rate sensor on it. This way, you can check your heart rate when you smoke. If you find that your heart rate is around 140-150 bmp then lay down flat on your stomach either on the ground or on your bed, and breathe in this rhythm:

* Inhale for 10 seconds and hold that breath for 5 seconds.
* Exhale completely.
* Inhale for 5 seconds and hold that breath for 3 seconds.
* Exhale completely.

So basically your breathing should be like this. Inhale, hold, exhale. Inhale, hold, exhale. The amount of time you inhale and hold is up to you. If you can take deep breaths then you can inhale and hold for longer.

Repeat this breathing sequence over and over again. After about 5 mins, check your heart rate on your heart rate sensor again. Your heart rate should decrease to about 90 - 120 bpm. This is a normal range.

Another method is lay flat on your stomach and hold your breathe for as long as you can, exhale. Repeat this process and it should also slow down your heart rate.

If your heart rate increases again. Repeat the process until your heart rate stays in the normal 90-120 bpm range. Once you do this a few times, you'll feel more confidant that you can control your heart rate and smoking will become enjoyable again. Hope you find this helpful.

I smoked weed for 9 years until recently. I started to get a racing heart which was stupidly fast, like nothing iv ever experienced before. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. I'm quite a healthy person apart from smoking weed and drinking of a weekend. After my heart racing experience I continued to get pains In my heart and quite bad palpitations. Eventually I went to the hospital where several chest xrays showed my heart was ok. I still get pains in my heart now even though I have quit smoking weed. I wish I could still smoke it because most of my friends do and I enjoyed it, Its just not worth the risk for me

Dude I just had a great bj sesh and was really blazed out mind u I had been drinking at a work function since 6pm and its now 5am but yo for real it been over 15 mins and I'm still breathing heavy. I smoke everyday and am highly sexually active n hit the gym four days a wk. what gives??