this happend to me except i was walkn around doin things over and over again like omg i cant stop doin this my heart rate was wayyyy outta the normal

My experience and opinions, I am fairly well-researched on this topic and have decided to contribute to this thread, having read a lot of BS/incorrect posts.

I am 18 years old, 5ft 7, 140lbs. Currently at college in the UK.

The first heart/panic attack, whatever you'd like to call it, that I experienced, was after a large amount of caffeine (Mountain Dew), as well as several coffee's. After this, I never felt the same again, I was much more aware of my heartbeat whether I was stoned or not. I kept having 'palputations' and raised awareness for a long time, until I decided to go see the doctor about it, I had an ECG and the results came back fine. I have an irregular heartbeat, but that's about it (Fairly common).

I have smoked weed for around 2 years now, with a large increase over the past year (it has been stable for > 6 months now). I am not addicted and I feel no kind of 'need' for marijuana - however I do enjoy it very much. It made a significant difference to my life and helped me out of severe depression, I've also made many new friends and discovered a whole new group of people - mostly very chilled out, enjoyable characters. This will never change the fact that some people who smoke weed aren't desirable, who do nothing but smoke weed and have no ambitions in life. I do, however.

I workout at minimum 3x a week. I do my best to maintain a healthy diet. I avoid sugar at all costs and drink nothing that's fizzy (apart from the odd alcoholic beverage. I also avoid caffeine, I still drink Tea, however not as often. Do not go near energy drinks, they will rot your mind and body - I can guarantee this from first-hand experience, having gone through a 2 year CoD4 addiction.

As to the Marijuana/Tar content;

Quote:

Cannabis is the best natural expectorant to clear the human lungs of smog, dust, and the phlegm associated with tobacco use.

Marijuana smoke effectively dilates the airways of the lungs, the bronchi, opening them to allow more oxygen into the lungs. It is also the best natural dilator of the tiny airways of the lungs, the bronchial tubes—making cannabis the best overall bronchial dilator for 80% of the population (the remaining 20% sometimes show minor negative reactions).

(See section on asthma—a disease that closes these passages in spasms—UCLA Tashkin studies, 1969-95; U.S. Costa Rican, 1980-82; Jamaican studies 1968-74.)

Statistical evidence—showing up consistently as anomalies in matched populations—indicates that persons who smoke tobacco cigarettes are usually better off and will live longer if they smoke cannabis moderately, too. (Jamaican, Costa Rican studies.)

Millions of Americans have given up or avoided smoking tobacco products in favor of cannabis, which is not good news to the powerful tobacco lobby—Senator Jesse Helms and his cohorts. A turn of the century grandfather clause in U.S. tobacco law allows 400 to 6,000 additional chemicals to be added. Additions since then to the average tobacco cigarette are unknown, and the public in the U.S. has no right to know what they are.

Many joggers and marathon runners feel cannabis use cleans their lungs, allowing better endurance.

The evidence indicates cannabis use will probably increase these outlaw American marijuana-users’ lives by about one to two years—but they can lose their rights, property, children, state licenses, etc., just for using that safest of substances: cannabis.

This is only one source, you can research this subject for yourself and come to your own conclusion. I never force my views upon any person, for whatever reason. Smoke weed because you want to smoke weed. f**k what school teaches you and f**k what the government claims - they are the real m****s/manipulators.

I study at college 4 days a week, I'm constantly updating my portfolio with work and sourcing freelance work for myself. I also find time for gaming/socialising; but it's important that you keep your priorities in-check. I'd love to have the chance to dispell this illusion the government/society has cast over marijuana smokers. I've read back and forth, article after article and decided for myself that there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever. However, too much of a good thing IS a bad thing, just watch your amounts. I can go from smoking 3grams in a night with some friends to making 3 grams last 2 weeks for myself, personally I don't really like getting stoned on my own. It's more of a social thing, though the relief it can provide during a stressful time is quite amazing.

My first experience was horrible. As was my second and third. After my first I didn't touch weed for 7 months, at all. I made the mistake of putting 1gram in a joint on my first time (pure) of some 'killer weed' - which was infact killer. I was laid out on the couch for 30 minutes solid staring at (into) the back of a chair leg, seeing a spinning disc with an assortment of flashing colours/images (it was divided much like a circular paint pallette). I don't remember what I did after that, this was over 2-3 years ago.

Another time I was in a tent with several others, we smoked 3 joints and hotboxed it to the point of no return.. I stepped outside and felt normal. We walked down through the field to a stile, this is where sh*t really starting going dodge. Around 7 of us stood there (I remember who exactly, I can name them). I remember asking myself ''Why are we stood here???'', ''What are we doing here, why aren't we moving???'', at which point I realised I was asking everyone else too. I literally, no word of a lie, spent that whole night teleporting around the area we were in, one minute I was sat on the wall with one friend, the next I was stood down a path with another and it was blowing my tiny mind into pieces. To this day nobody has believed my experience when I have repeated it (nor the spinning disc hallucination), but I will never ever forget, it opened doors in my mind that I never knew were there.

After my girlfriend (whom I truly loved) broke my heart by ending the relationship without any reason, I started going down a long dark corridor towards depression, it got worse and worse, levelling out at certain points, then declining more. It got to the point where I woke up and the first thing I thought about was killing myself. This is not something I'd like to repeat; not to mention it would take a week or two to write out. She ended the relationship just before my GCSE exams, I started smoking weed after I had finished them, gone to 6th form and then left the 6th form (mainly due to depression) just before december 2010. It was a way to space out, free my mind from the issues it was bombarded with constantly. Music was more enjoyable. Food tasted amazing. Every sip of fanta was like receiving a gift from Chuck Norris.

It took me over 364 days to overcome my depression. I tried talking to my parents. I tried telling my friends. I searched online for help. I went to the doctors and I saw a psychiatrist. They refused me medication out of fear of a suicide attempt. I did it myself, with the help of weed, it helped to restore my drained confidence (due to xbox + ex-girlfriend) and it slowed everything down enough for me to get a grip again. I'm not an average 18 year old, most people would say that I'm still very young, but over the past 3 years I have learned an incredible amount. I know exactly what I want to do in life; live, experience everything the world has to offer.

My parents still nag at me for smoking weed, I've tried sitting down and talking to them about it, arguing both sides in an attempt to create a neutral agreement on the subject. They just don't get it, I think a lot of people just 'don't get it', life to them is a 9-5 job and doing what you've been told to do your whole life. 'Drugs are bad', 'drugs will kill you'. I bet them same people have 0 f*****g idea about how bad sugar is for you, I mean look at the size of America (no offense), some of you are consuming an amount of sugar euqal to more than your weight, every year. This will kill you sooner than both smoking (debatable, my opinion) and smoking marijuana (definitely). Alcohol is also a poison, so much worse than Marijuana, but is still sold legally to 18+ year olds *cough* 14+ year olds *cough* - which I find shocking.

Then again, I'm only 18 and once-dropped-out of college, what the f**k does my opinion matter? Either way, I couldn't care less. Humans are a greedy, selfish and manipulative race and will no doubt meet their solemn demise at the end of fuckery lane.

I could go on for hours, going into great amounts of detail, but I've already sailed far enough into the off-topic ocean. I hope this post offers an insight to at least one of you. In conclusion;

Your heart discomfort is most likely Anxiety brought on by increased heart awareness - this can be an endless circle (first-hand experience). Just be positive, if you had a serious heart problem then I can promise you would know about it - heart pain is like no other (as I have been told).

Eat healthily. Cut sugar out of your diet where possible, enjoy the benefits of this; fruit, milk and other natural sugars will taste sweeter and be much more enjoyable. Drink plenty of water (at minimum 1l a day). Avoid all carbonated drinks - you're really not missing much without them. Trust me.

Stay active.
Once you cut your sugar intake, you will lose weight much easier. Also, a fat cell is much easier to turn into a muscle cell, get some weights and start working out. Do pushups/situps on your floor if you can't afford weights/gym membership. I do pullups on my doorframe every morning/evening. I also like to do 1-2 hours of boxing/cardio each week, at minimum.

Be open-minded. Don't believe everything that the government tells you, or the media. Find motivation, drag it up by it's neck and pin it against the wall - keep it that way. Do what you enjoy, don't do it for the money. Chill the f**k out. Be nice to people, go out of your way for people and maybe one day they will learn to do the same.

I hope it was worth the time you took to read this.

You just greened out, No you won't die, the most that can happen is passing out for a few hours, but it just means you smoked to much in a small amoust of time

I have went to the hospital from smoking pot nothing else added just pot. I had a heart attack and a seizure at the same time.the doctors said I had odeed. After a couple of months I took one hit from a bong and started shaking again. Pot is dangerous and addicting.

Dude I had almost the same experience, well i tried out the special brownies and at first i didn't feel anything for the first 30mins then when i started getting the high i started to get really f*****g paranoid i was like what the f**k is this. Then i started to get really hot and my hands were shaking, my heartbeat was going too fast and then i started to get really cold i put a cover on me and i was still cold. I really thought i was having a heart attack then I felt like i was blacking out it was really crazy. To calm myself up I told my self this was going to end soon and I also decided to play call of duty. For the record 2 days later I got an after-high right in guitar center I had the same effects it was truly horrible this time i was with my mom so even worse. Since then i haven't smoked :l today I was actually going to smoke but now i'm really thinking about it. ( Hopefully it wont give me the same effects).

Bro, Your super ignorant, have you been under a damn rock or something?!?!?! i suggest you do way more research on whats dangerous and whats not. i do not care if a cigarette is filtered or unfiltered it will NEVER be safer than ANY FORM OF SMOKING WEED. EVER. or eating for that matter. your list is way messed up man. i think your brain is way messed up from all those cigarettes. this upsets me when people honestly believe that smoking tobacco is just as dangerous or less dangerous, the fact is THEY ARE WRONG. thats not me saying it, its the god damn LAST 30 40 50 YEARS OF RESEARCH SPEAKING!!!! come on people.!!!

I think I got it worse than anybody on this forum, this was by far the scariest thing I've ever experienced with weed. 

I am 22 years old I had been smoking every night since 19 years old. Here is my story:

First of all, 3 days ago I got a mini one of these, I was just chillin wit my bro watching a movie just like every night, so we rolled and smoked...5 mins later I'm laying down watchin the movie, all the sudden I got a hot rush to my head, I got dizzy and my vision was all blurry, heart beat increased to like 140 bpm, I started to panic like WTF!?! I told my bro what was happening (pretty embarrassing) he told me to start breathing in through my nose and out my mouth which kinda worked and eventually the big panic went away, but then came on the shaking, I was shaking for a good 5 minutes, then after this it went away like nuthin ever happen. This was by far the scariest thing I've ever experienced in my life - I literally thought that's it, I'm gonna die. 

After that I thought OMG there is no way I wanna experience this again so I quit smoking for like 2 days (which was soooo difficult) but then on the third day, my bro offered me to roll a joint, I was like nahh man forget that, there is no way I am touching weed again...After a few minutes of convincing me I fell for it...I thought F*** it let smoke, it wont happen again right? wrong. 

So we smoked it. 5 mintues later my hearts racing like mad, again 124-131 bpm, at first I ignored it and thought it will pass like last time, I didn't get the dizzyness so much at the start, 4 ugly hours later my heart is exactly the same! 124-130 so by this point I'm pretty much going insane like wtf is happening to me...to be honest I was really calm about it during the hours before I started to think OMG. This was like 2am my bro's worried like wtf is going on with him, but then I tell him to go bed and I'll just try to sleep it off. I go to bed and my heart's just pounding away, I can feel it like crazy so I thought if I don't do anything I'm probably gonna die. So I got my bro to call an ambulance. Ambulance came and one of the paramedics said he had a similar thing happen to him, so I immedietly asked do you know what caused it...he said I had a cigarette...obviously he didn't have a cigarette and had a joint, but I immedietly thought this guy knows what's goin on. So I got in the ambulance (couldn't believe this was happening) got me on those machines that test your heart beat etc...I was still the same 124-131 bpm the paramedic asked me if I smoked anythin, I was like yeh a little cigarette, he asked was it a little bit of something else to I was like yeh. So I get to the hospital, still talking to paramedics all the sudden I nearly pass out (brain rinsing feeling soo strange!) which sent me into even more shock heart beat musta jumped to like 150 bpm at that point. 

Going through all this I am made to wait in the waiting room, I ask the paramedic like so what am I supposed to do just sit here and wait till I die or pass out???? he was like yeh expressing how dumb this hospital is. So I sat there with my heart going 124-131 for 1.5 hours!!!!!!! eventually I get to a doctor he sticks on the machine, and still my heart is 124-131 bpm (4 hours later since it started) doc says I'm not experiencing a heart attack, which was good, he said it's just that your heart is beating too fast, I said get me a blood test done this is too scary, so I had that done all came back fine, he gave me a TEMAZAPAM (quite addictive, it helps you sleep and remain calm etc) tablet which immedietly lowered the heart rate back to normal (70 bpm) I just had a high blood pressure from that point heart was back to normal like it always was. Doc said it could have been caused by stress (which I have a lot of due to running a business) but I doubt it was that because it happen after I smoked the joint, maybe the smoke triggered the stress/panic attack. God Knows. 

So I get back home around 6am go bed and wake at 1pm my blood pressure still pretty high but my heart rate back to normal, during this day my head is really pounding (mainly due to the pressure) my right ear is kinda blocked off (weird). I layed in bed all day gettin cared for like some sick patient (felt really depressing as I couldn't believe this was happening to me) so night comes, I go bed everything is fine at this point, my blood pressure is normal and my heart rate is all good, but I couldnt sleep all night :( probably because I was exhausted (sometimes this stuff happens). 

I must mention that during all this I was recovering from a flu or virus or somethin it was nearly gone on the day I smoked, I just had a little runny nose (like it's not even there) and I cough like once every hour lol (as I say it's nearly gone) this had lasted 2 weeks before (it may have been the cause of all this) but I will never know for sure. 

Like I said I have smoked weed for a long time now and it never happen before until now. I have even smoked when I had a cold and blocked nose before and nuthin ever happen, I've smoked like 5 times a day before and still nuthin, this was just an innocent joint before a movie, just like every night. 

To conclude this ridiculously long reply I can tell you I loved smoking weed, I kept telling everyone how weed made me feel good etc...Smoking before bed was part of my daily routine, but after this experience, it's simply not worth going through this again as it's the most scariest thing, this second experience has confirmed my suspicions and I will NEVER touch weed or cigarettes or any kind of smoke ever again, It's simply not worth going through this nightmare again...

One thing none of you have mentioned is, have you taken any pills or medication, or were any of you recovering from a flu? or cold or whatever, some of this sorta info may lead us to some answers...If we all had a flu that could be the answer...I was told by the doc my water levels were pretty low (for some reason I rarely drank water or any fluids) was this the case with any of you? Please get this info out so we can understand what the hell this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wanna smoke again some time in my life at least!

NOTE: 

I know the difference between getting stoned and this attack or whatever. I have been stoned to the point where I'm like omdz I'm soo gonna die lol, but it was nothing like this, it went on forever and the dizzyness has never happen before. So those of you saying it happens all the time or it's normal....IT'S NOT. I did NOT green out or smoke too much, this simply is not the case. 

look bro dont smoke weed and maybe you wouldnt have a problem ?

thanks so much ive had the exact same symptoms as you and you helped me out a lot

I've smoked pot for over 35 years and I have had a heart attack. You will know the difference. I sure as hell did!

It's been a week since it happend, I haven't slept properly since, I have been prescribed "Propranolol" and "Temazapam" to help me sleep. Propranolol helps a little during the day, temazapam puts me to sleep for about 1-2 hours max then I wake up :(((( this sh*t is sooo scary, what caused this was high blood pressure that night. If you have a high blood pressure DO NOT smoke weed by any means, it can kill you! 

I've been having high blood pressure since it all happen, going to see the doc again tomorrow. 

Ok so like i said in my past comment I had stop weed due to the scary results i've been getting since i started smoking. Well a week ago I tried weed once again I decided to smoke while playing xbox and keep myself drinking a lot of water and food everything started going just fine my hearbeat wasn't as bad i got a little paranoid at first but it went away in like 3mins. Anyways that was a hell of a good high but then few hours later I got this horribbbleeee headache like ou guys cat imagine i searched it up and apparently i had smoked a seed lol
 but then about 4 days ago i did it again and this time i freaked out i was like walking around my house for some reason i was talking c**p to myself? and then my heartbeat started racing i turned the xbox on to see if it would help but i think it made it worse so i thought laying down would help it actually worsen the feeling because i could hear and feel my hearbeat and it was horrible so i just started to play guitar and told my self to calm down. Lol
 i did it again last night and im currently sick so i stopped drinking theraflu and i did weed my nose was really stuffed and my throat hurt like a b***h but it actually unstuffed it. 
Ok for you guys that got extremely paranoid recently and stopped all you have to do is DO NOT smoke too much right away since i had stopped smoking for 6months 2-3puffs out of a blunt was enough to get me real trippy.
Another thing have water bottles near you and salty food so when you feel your hearbeat going fast drink water you'll piss every 10mins lol
And actually ive noticed that now that i started ive been kinda losing the fear of getting paranoid so i guess the more you do it (nt everyday atleast every 3days) you begin to get used to it
:-) HAppy tokin guys 

I had something similar happen. I took a hit out of a gravity bong....too big of a hit actually. My heart rate increased and I started flipping the f**k out. Anyways, a few hours went by and in that span, I took like 4 cold showers. Finally, I started to come down and when I did, I felt awesome. 

Here's the deal...Everyone goes throught these things. It's almost like a right to passage. It shouldnt hurt you if you are a young healthy adult. On the safe side, I think that you should probably get your heart checked out. Just to ease your mind. But I wouldnt think too much into it because it happens. And I smoked on a regular when I had my spazz moment. 

yes is normal happens to me to just inhale exhale right away wait a while and do it again thats if u do deside to smoke

but if u aready have been experiencin this symtoms just dont smoke weed at all