I have always liked those loose curls that many models have. I do have a lot of hair and very dense curls, and it is quite nice according to other people, but I would much prefer to have loose curls instead. Do you people have any suggestions on how to achieve this at home, hopefully using some method that takes less than three hours?

Use a straightener and 2 inch barrel curling iron. Straighten the top of your hair until you reach your ears. Then layer your hair into two sections a top and bottom, tie the top with a hair tie, then curl the bottom with two inch sections with each sections switch the way the curl goes, but when you curl your hair start from the top then twist out or in, depending of which one you did first,  so the hair ends up in the iron. then do the same with the top as you did the bottom when you are done hair spray it and run your fingers through it