As a guy w/ more partners than I should have had, I guess, I think most girls are asymectrical. the thing is as bilateral beings any part you have two of are not going to be the same. Breast eyes each side of your nose. Or if you are male like me one testical will be bigger than the other and the pennis hangs only to one side w/ comforft. Also, I like large labia minor and if one is bigger than the other ok thats the one I suck on. The point is Don't worry be happy and if it bothers you stop putting your make-up mirror down there and if some guy don't like them, dump him

I'm 37, & I have been self conscious about my labia since I was a teenager. I first noticed it at about 12, & I was afraid I had done something to myself because I masturbated too much!

Anyway, worse than the embarassment of the way mine looks, it causes me pain! The longer labia gets pinched between my outer labia. I have to "tuck it in" to keep it from hurting. If I'm particularly moist for some reason it won't stay, & it really causes me discomfort. The end that sticks out is very sensitive, & I can't tolerate any pulling, sucking, etc. to it. I am sick of this problem. I wonder if my insurance company would pay for it if it causes me this much pain.

Sorry if a large labia causes some women discomfort. To a man though...its EXTREMELY SEXY!

You can add me to the list of women with a large (right side) labia minora. I hated it when I was in my teenage years, as well, worrying about not being normal, if I somehow caused it by playing with myself, etc.

I learned, as you are doing now, it IS normal and not a big deal to most men, even a turn-on for some.

BUT - I'd have to disagree with the man that posted saying that if one sticks out (as in this case) that'll be the one he sucks on. Pfffffft... I've guided every person between my legs to the other, lol. Sorry, but with the larger one hanging out and I'm guessing from the rubbing on my clothing, but whatever the case, it's not as sensitve as the smaller one so I always direct for more attention to that one instead.

Hey. I'm 16, and I have had the same issue dealing with the inner labia being longer than the outer labia. Only one side of mine is like that, but I never thought anything of it. I always thought it was supposed to be like that, until one of my friends turned on porn while we were having a sleepover. I didn't say anything, because I was kindof embarrassed about it. I always thought that I'd end up waiting to have sex until I was married, because I didn't want to have sex with a boyfriend, who would just break up with me because of it. I figured if I was marrying the guy, it wouldn't make a difference to him, I mean, I'm having sex with him, isn't that enough? It's not like I have an std, and that's the one and only time you should ever have doubts about sleeping with someone for fear of what they will think. Anyway, I lost my virginity to my very best friend earlier this year, and thought it was stupid, since we weren't dating at the time, and I always beat myself up over it, but now we're dating, and have been. I'm happier than ever, and he has no idea how insecure I am about this issue, and has never said a word to me about it. It's fine! Love your body the way it is, and when you find a good guy, he will too!

-Alicia

To the person who wrote this about the boyfriend who had pics of his ex's vulva and thought they were better..... the guy is a jerk. (sorry) As long as you aren't in pain, I'd leave it the way it is. It may be an annoyance or uncomfortable, but we men can find our genitals uncomfortable in certain situations. There are alot of men who find the larger labia very attractive. Men see that bulge in your clothing as a turn on. Your body is a work of art. Each different and unique in its own way. Be confident with your body. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I hope this was helpful.

super thanks for this thread, also 15 and have spent a while totally panicking about this. I have an 'outy' so to speak, one a fair bit longer than the other, and it also has a sort of granuly texture as someone said.

Just relieved to know I'm not diseased tbh! And I won't be getting surgery, be proud of what you've got eh? If anyone I'm with doesn't like it, it's their problem!

I never thought I'd find so much info. about this "problem". I, too, have been embarrassed by this since I was about 11 (I suppose when puberty began). Before then I had tidy little girl's labia, which looked like everyone else's. My main issue is that the skin over my clitoris shows at the front even when I'm standing with my legs together. One of my labia is also much enlarged since childbirth, although I always thought this was due to tearing and stitching. It can occasionally be uncomfortable, especially if clothing is too tight, so I sympathise with any ladies who have discomfort from this. I also thought I'd caused this damage myself! I have never talked with anyone about it, even my husband - and he had certainly never complained or commented either. I had read the odd article in women's magazines about it being perfectly normal but it certainly didn't seem normal to me. I figured if it was terribly abnormal, someone would have mentioned it during examinations or childbirth. I suppose the main problem is that if we are exposed to other women's private parts, which is very rare unless you look at porn, they are always of the "perfect" variety - the same as female models in magazines etc. As an older woman, I now dread my pubic hair becoming thin with age and exposing my ugly bits! I have always had thick pubic hair which has covered this area - I would not dream of shaving and find the current fashion for this quite horrifying!

So, I have been totally wanting to ask someone about this for....ever.
But I am scared.

I have one labia that is much bigger then the other. I am 15, adn not sexually active.
I have something of an itch in my vagina. I ONLY, and I mean ONLY ever feel it when I am walking. Never when I am sitting or sleeping. So I don't think it is a Yeast Infection. And sometimes I don't feel it AT ALL.
So here are my thoughts:
1. Is it a Yeast Infection? I haven't noticed any wierd discharge....
2. I think it is my Larger Labia rubbing against my clothing. Is that possible?
3. Could it just be Psychological? I don't know...
PLEASE HELP ME.

my inner labias are slightly large and stick out and you can see them between my legs when im standing up with my legs closed, this is so embarrassing i evern hide my vagina from my partner of a year.. im seriously considering surgery for this :-( im so embarrassed about it, its so horrible to look at..

To all of the ladies on this topic who are feeling concerned and embarrassed, my advice is don't be.

As a male in my early twenties, I've had sex with a few girls, some of whom had larger inner labias, some of whom did not.

It really makes no difference to guys, trust me on that. We're just delighted to be enjoying a woman's body. I find performing oral sex on women to be highly enjoyable, and if I am with a girl with a large inner labia, then I will enjoy it just as much. I often lick and suck the inner labia and my partners always enjoyed that, it all adds to the fun.

So don't be worried or ashamed, and don't deprive yourself the joy of sex over something unimportant. Life is too short to let fear stop you living.

I'm 14 about to turn 15. Ive had seen during this past year the right side of my vigina is larger then left side, i don't know why it's like this %-) because i've haven't had sex yet but have done everything except for sex. I want to tell my mom but im also scared to tell her because i don't want her to look at it because i will feel really uncomfortble and i dont want to go to the doctors for it but i know i might have to go just to make sure everything is okay "down there"

I'm 14 && i have the same problem . my left inner vagina lip is bigger than the other. even when i close my legs. i dont know what to do. they say everything would even out when you're older && cuz our bodys going thru "changes" but idk what to do ! it gets really annoying. idk if i shud have surgery or not. im too embaressed to tell anyone about it being bigger than the other, but what else shud i consider ? it gets embarasing if yu wanna do "things" with yur boyfriend ! any help or info about your vagina lips being bigger than 1 ?!

I'm 17 and my inner labia stick out too, though they're even. I remember when I was a kid and I found one of my cousin's Playboy's and thinking I was some sort of Hermaphodite or I was growing a penis or something cause all the chicks in the pictures I saw had "normal" labia. :$
But then I learned that it's pretty common after looking online, and now I'm glad that they stick out since apparently a lot of people seem to like it and it looks normal to me even if they can get sort of irritated when they rub against your underwear.

I am SO glad to see others have experienced this too, and can be so honest about it. Like Anonymous8, I was seriously worried something was WRONG with me...and I'm even older!! I just wish it was more understood that, just like guys genital-size varies and it's normal, it's the same with girls. I would recommend avoiding surgery: the risks are absolutely not worth it. I wish people weren't being given such a strong message that a body can be "wrong." Pretty much, if nature produced a large nose, or labia, small breasts, etc, that IS normal, and saying it's "wrong" is like saying...one mountian's slopes are "wrong" compared to another. Okay, sort of a rant. But the anxiety is so not worth it.